New Partner [Judy's POV]

IT'S MY BIRTHDAAAYYYY!! 14 AT FUCKING LAST! ALSo, happy birthday to my birthday twin The_Best_Awkwardness you're AWESOME girl, have a great day!

Here's a happy one-shot because I'm happy!

~*~

I tapped my pen in annoyance against the table as I swung my legs back and forth on the chair. They didn't even reach the floor so they were just dangling off the edge.

This paperwork was going to be the death of me. I had to write a formal letter of apology to a koala in Sahara Square regarding the death of his brother, sort out the case file for his death, then sign off around a million received files. Today was one of those days where parking duty didn't actually sound so bad.

So far, I had done none of the things I needed to do, except start off my letter of apology. All I had was:

'To Mr. Smith, I am very sorry about the death of your brother, Jeremy.'

And I was already stumped.

Just as I was about to throw the towel in, there was a knock at my office door.

"Come in," I groaned in annoyance, holding my head in my hands.

The door opened rather quickly, and I didn't even have to turn my head to look to know who it was.

"Hey Judy!" Clawhauser cheered in his normal happy tone.

"Hello Clawhauser," I replied monotonously, not bothering to look up at the cheerful cheetah.

"So, I understand that you're having a hard time with all of your paperwork, so what better way to get the new recruit to help you out?" Clawhauser asked and my head snapped up at the mention of a new recruit. "Also, Chief Bogo thought it would be a good idea for you to have a partner. So, Judy, meet your new partner, Nicholas Wilde!"

Clawhauser exclaimed and a sly looking fox walked in. He was medium height and had tanned red fur and mesmerising emerald green eyes. He was dressed in a cop's usual attire and had his paws stuffed in his pockets, which I thought made him look handsome. He also had a pair of shades on his forehead and a smirk on his face, and I already knew that this guy was sort of a joker.

Just from the look of him, I knew I already felt better. He just looked like a nice guy.

I hopped off of my chair and stood up straight, holding out my paw for my new partner to shake.

"Judy Hopps, nice to meet you," I smiled brightly.

"Nick Wilde," the fox smiled back as he shook my paw.

"Well, I'll let you two get acquainted. Judy, Chief Bogo wants you to give Nick a tour of the ZPD. Just show him the ropes, you know?" Clawhauser explained.

"Oh, yeah, of course! Anything to get away from this darned paperwork," I smiled.

Both Clawhauser and Nick laughed, Clawhauser more than Nick, before the cheetah left, closing the door behind him.

Nick and I stood in silence for a bit until I finally piped up, breaking the awkwardness between us.

"So, ready for the grand tour?" I asked, making the "grand" sound a little sarcastic.

Nick chuckled before nodding.

"Sure, lead the way Carrots."

~*~

I got two Zootopia t-shirts from my parents and a Nick Pop Vinyl figure from one of my best friends. And I got an anime cosplay outfit that I'm wearing now ^-^