News [Judy's POV]

I'm still recovering from Faded in case ahead of you were wondering 😂
Because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to describe what Judy and Nick are wearing, just say they're wearing what they are in the picture 😂

~*~

I paced around the living room to mine and Nick's apartment in a panic. My mind was swarming with thoughts and unanswered questions that put me on edge. I was actually terrified to what Nick's reaction would be to the two words he probably doesn't want to be hearing right now.

I'm pregnant.

Yep, I'm going to be having Nick's child in eight months.

I mean, there's no shame in being pregnant, it's just the fact that I don't think Nick's ready to be a father yet. I'm perfectly ready to be a mother and I have been for the past year or so, but Nick takes some time to catch up. He's not exactly "father material" and can't even remember to pay the bills in time. But he is a great boyfriend and I'm sure he would understand if I dropped the bombshell...right?

But what if he leaves me? What if he decides he's not ready and packs up and leaves? Oh sweet cheese and crackers. No, he wouldn't do that. He'd at least stay until childbirth before leaving.

Ugh, what am I saying?! Nick won't leave! He'll be perfectly fine with me being pregnant.

My pacing session was cut short when I heard the door unlock behind me. I turned around a little too quickly, out of nervousness, to see Nick standing in the doorway, bags of shopping in his paws.

"Hey babe, what are you doing standing in the middle of the living room?" He snickered, kissing me on the forehead before heading to the kitchen to unload the shopping.

I laughed nervously before following him. Just looking at Nick so carefree and happy made me feel even worse for getting pregnant. Although we used a condom, the miracle of life still managed to find its way to us.

As it must've been weird for Nick with me just watching him unpack, I decided to make myself scarce by going into the living room to watch some TV. My favourite movie was on but I couldn't even concentrate on that without the baby coming back into it!

What if it was a hybrid? What if it has special needs? What if it's twins?!

"You ok, Judy?" Nick asked, popping his head out from the kitchen into the living room. "You seem...off..."

I glanced up at Nick long enough to see worry in his eyes, but the sight of him hurt me too much so I has to turn away.

Nick sighed. "You know you can always trust me, right?" He said, sitting down on the couch next to me and taking my paw in his.

My head shot up and I looked at him again.

"Y-yes, of course," I replied, creasing my own brows in worry.

"Now I know something's going on with you, Judy, and I'm not gonna force you to tell me. But it would be nice for you to have at least some faith in your partner and boyfriend," he said, making me feel worse.

I gulped and looked down.

"And whatever it is, it's not like you got pregnant," he laughed, brushing off the matter like it hadn't happened.

My eyes widened as I squeezed Nick's paw in surprise. He literally just guessed my problem...and laughed it off like it was stupid...oh sweet cheese and crackers...

"Judy?" Nick asked, acknowledging my sudden movement.

I slowly cocked my head upwards to look into Nick's eyes. I smiled somewhat nervously and let the words fall out slowly.

"Actually...that's what I wanted to talk to you about..." I admitted feebly, laughing nervously towards the end.

Nick stared at me in confusion, his happy expression gone and replaced with worry.

"Judy, what are you...?" He began, but couldn't finish.

"What I mean to say is..." I started, my heart beating so hard it could rip out of my chest. "I'm pregnant...and I have been for the last month..."

Silence.

Despite the fact I could tell Nick was shocked, the grip on my paw didn't falter or even waver. In fact, it got tighter.

"Judy..." He began, and I was terrified for his answer. "That's amazing!" He exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

All of my senses became vulnerable all at once. I felt like I couldn't move and even though I wanted to, I couldn't. I was in pure and utter shock and I had no idea how to comprehend it. But was it really amazing?

"Is it?" I asked, finally coming to terms with my guilt.

"What- of course it is!" Nick replied, pulling away and looking me straight in the eye.

"But, you don't seem ready and we're not even married and what if it's a hybrid? You know interspecies relationships are banned in Zootopia!" I started out calm, but soon ended up on a fit of tears towards the end.

"Judy, listen," Nick ordered, tipping my chin up with his forefinger so I was looking directly in his eyes.

Tears were rolling down my face but Nick got rid of them with his thumb, all while a sad smile played stretched across his face.

"I don't give a damn whether interspecies relationships are banned or not," he said simply, his voice soft and quiet, relaxing. "The truth is, I've been wanting to start a family with you for...quite some time, but I never knew whether it was what you wanted. But now that I do know, I couldn't be happier! And who cares if we're not married? Where else am I gonna find another beautiful, happy, thoughtful, amazing animal like you? Nowhere, that's where. Only in my own arms, so I know I won't have trouble with us not being married," Nick explained, his words striking my heart.

I smiled as more tears fell down my face, this time tears of joy. I wrapped my arms around Nick's neck and hugged him tightly.

"I love you Nick Wilde," I said, squeezing him tighter.

"I love you too Carrots," he replied, wrapping his arms around my waist, but not too hard in fear of the baby. "You know there's no way to get rid of me, right?"

I nodded and let out a small laugh as we slowly let go of eachother. We stared into eachother's eyes for quite some tome until Nick's face filled up with excitement.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I've got a joke," he said deviously.

"Go on then."

"Ok, ok. What do you call a one-humped bunny?" Nick asked, that childlike wonder in his face.

I folded my arms across my chest and rolled my eyes as I felt a smile creep up on my face. Although I knew the answer, I thought I would give Nick this one.

"I don't know. What do you call a one-humped bunny?" I asked monotonously.

"Pregnant!"

~*~

Nick could be a motivational speaker in this one-shot. Also, you guys have no idea how many times I wrote "Nock" instead of "Nick". I really hate my iPad sometimes. 😂