Texting [Judy's POV]

My birthday in nine days! *cheers like Muscle Man from Regular Show*

~*~

I tossed and turned in my bed. I couldn't sleep and it was driving me crazy. Normally, my brain would just call it a day and turn off, but not tonight. Nick was on my mind, which wasn't a good thing. At all. He was the fact I couldn't sleep and why I'll probably be moody tomorrow morning when he picks me up for work. I tried squeezing my eyes shut tightly, but that only made my eyes hurt and me feel dizzy.

So, in the end, I caved in and rolled over to face my bedside table. I picked up my phone from the counter and switched it on, only to be blinded by the bright white light that bounced off the screen. I squinted before getting used to the light and unlocking my phone.

I tapped on the messages icon and clicked on Nick's contact. I had him saved as 'Dumb Fox' and I was pretty sure he had me saved as 'Sly Bunny'.

"Hey," I texted, waiting nervously for a reply.

After a few agonising minutes of waiting, I finally got a text back.

Dumb Fox: Hey.

Sly Bunny: You awake?

Dumb Fox: I am now.

I cringed at Nick's reply, as I knew it meant that I had woken him up.

Sly Bunny: Whoops, sorry...

Dumb Fox: It's fine. Can't sleep?

I smiled at that. Over the course of us being friends, Nick was able to tell what my problem was even if I didn't tell him. He knew me so well, which was another reason why I liked him; and why I was afraid to. If Nick knew I liked him, I wouldn't know how he would react. Although Nick was a pretty level guy, he's never been under situations with his best friend liking him! Well, not that I know of...

Dumb Fox: Helloooo? You gone to sleep?

I shook my head and snapped out of my thoughts to see that Nick texted me again. Oh right, he asked me a question.

Sly Bunny: No, I'm still here. I was just thinking.

Dumb Fox: About?

Sly Bunny: Stuff.

Dumb Fox: Sly bunny, you were thinking about me, weren't you?

My eyes widened as I gulped in shock. See? He knew me! And I would bet my life that he was smirking on the other end of the phone. I had to reply. Even if it was a simple yes or no. Because if I didn't, he would definitely know I was thinking about him.

Sly Bunny: ...

Dumb Fox: I knew it!

'Well done Judy,' I thought to myself as I sighed.

Dumb Fox: So, what were you thinking about? Was it my looks? My personality?

I knew Nick was just teasing, but two could play at that game.

Sly Bunny: What looks? What personality? All I was thinking about was how egotistic you are, dumb fox.

Dumb Fox: Alright, alright, chill. If it makes you feel any better, I was thinking about you too. I was actually in the middle of a really good dream but then some rude bunny interrupted it. Really short, beautiful purple eyes, unbelievably stupid. You know her?

I smirked on the outside, but on the inside I was freaking out. Nick was dreaming about me?! But either way, I decided to play along with his act as it was quite fun to joke around with him.

Sly Bunny: No, can't say I have. But you were dreaming about me?

Nick took a while to answer, and I knew it was because he was trying to come up with the right thing to say, even though he was fast-talking and literally had every possible conversation planned out in his head.

Dumb Fox: In a way, yes.

Sly Bunny: What were you dreaming about?

Dumb Fox: Hey, don't try to turn round this conversation on me! I still wanna know what you were thinking about when you said you were thinking about me.

Sly Bunny: I never said I was thinking about you. 😜

Dumb Fox: Whatever. Tell me what you were thinkiiiiing!

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at Nick's text. Even through social media, he could be a total child.

Sly Bunny: Oh, would you look at that! My phone's only got 1% power left. Whoops, looks like I'm gonna have to go...

Dumb Fox: Sly bunny. Using the old power trick to get out of this conversation.

Sly Bunny: No, I'm using it to get out of having this conversation with you at two in the morning.

Dumb Fox: Tired?

Sly Bunny: You have no idea.

Dumb Fox: Fine, I'll let you go. But we are not done with this conversation. I'll see you later at work.

Sly Bunny: See ya.

And with that, I set my phone back down on the table and drifted off into a peaceful sleep, one filled with dreams about Nick.

~*~

Corny ending, I know, but who cares? That went better than I expected it to. 😂

Also, one of my good friends youngtomlin just got Wattpad and he's currently writing a mystery/thriller book called "Poison Cups" and it's amazing so far! It's about this magician gone detective who is assigned a case on a poison attack and it's so intriguing! So, if you guys like that sort of thing, then I suggest you follow him and read his book! He's a really funny guy, so you should definitely go check him out!