Beautiful [General POV]

This is literally the fanbase of every fandom I join 😂

Also, I think General POV might be a regular thing now, like every so often if I've got an idea that I feel can't be written from either Judy or Nick's perspective. And, just a little disclaimer: OOC Judy in this one-shot 😉

~*~

She sat there, on the edge of the bed, contemplating over her life. As a child, Judy never cared about her looks. Even when she first became a police officer, she didn't care. But, recently, when her and Nick have been patrolling the city or just having a nice day together, Nick would get these flirtatious looks from other foxes. Foxes that had better eyes, or a better body, or better fur than Judy. And even though Nick would never return the looks, it still made Judy feel insecure.

Nick had called her beautiful many times before, but every time he said it it sounded mechanical. Almost like a broken record. She had had so many doubts about herself, that she felt as if it was tedious for Nick to compliment her. The reason that Nick liked her is because she was a trier. She tried everything and was a believer. But now it seems that Nick was the one doing all the believing for the both of them, which made Judy think he was slowly losing interest. But little did she know that he wasn't, and he still loved her no matter what.

"Judes?" Nick asked, popping his head around the doorframe.

Judy didn't reply. She just sat on the edge of the bed with her elbows resting on her knees and her head in her paws. All the lights were turned off, and the only glimpse of light was given from the street lights outside, that shone slightly through the curtains.

"Hey, Judy," Nick said softly, walking over to her and sitting down on the bed next to her. "What's wrong?"

Judy didn't answer. Instead, she just kept her eyes trained on the floor beneath her. She wanted to cry, but couldn't find the tears.

"Hey," he cooed, stroking her cheek with the back of his finger. "You know you can tell me."

Judy slowly looked up at her boyfriend, who had a comforting smile on his face. She trusted him, but she didn't want to have the "beautiful" conversation with him again. Not for the hundredth time. But, it was the only way to get it off of her chest.

"Do you love me?" She suddenly asked, her ears drooping down to the sides of her head as she stared worriedly into Nick's eyes.

Her question had taken him aback, and he had a look of confusion on his face, causing Judy to worry. But, his expression soothed into a smile once he knew where this was going.

"Of course," he insisted, taking Judy's paws in his. "What makes you think I don't? Or ever will stop loving you?"

Judy gnawed on the inside of her cheek nervously and looked away briefly, only for her head to be tilted back to facing Nick. Instead of moving his paw away from her face, he kept it on her cheek, gently stroking the fur beneath it with his thumb. Judy's nose twitched a little, causing Nick's shoulders to bounce in silent laughter. Judy examined his smile, and from that, she knew that she could trust him with another of these talks.

"The looks the other foxes give you," she muttered, but loud enough for Nick to hear.

Nick squeezed her paw reassuringly and continued stroking her cheek.

"And do you think I haven't noticed the looks the other bunnies give you?" He asked rhetorically, yet in a soothing tone.

Judy stared at Nick in awe. There were other bunnies who gave Judy "the look"? And Nick noticed? So...he was jealous?

"But I'd never go for any of those other foxes," Nick shook his head.

"Why?" Judy asked. "They're all so much more beautiful than I am."

"In your world, they might be. But, in my world, there's no one as beautiful as you, Judy."

Judy felt tears prick in the corner of her purple eyes as Nick's words went straight to her heart. Nick had said some things that would satisfy Judy for the night in the past, but this would keep her content with herself for the rest of her life.

"And do you want to know why I'd never go for those foxes?" Nick asked, but didn't leave any time for Judy to answer. "Because you have something that they don't: me."

Judy felt those tears start to stream down her face, and she sniffled. The smile on her face told her that Nick still loved her, and that his words were true enough to make her cry. Nick smiled and wiped her tears away before kissing her on the forehead.

"And they don't have your beautiful, one-of-a-kind, purple eyes," he cooed. "Or your adorable little nose, or perky ears, or anything that you have.

You're beautiful, Judy; and don't you forget that."

~*~

If only boys like this were real. I'm still sitting here waiting like: "WHERE DEY AT??" 😂