Restless [Nick's POV]

Someone kill me, I have a week long camp starting Sunday and they have no plug sockets so I can't charge my IPad. Therefore, I won't be able to take it with me and I can't update for a whole week!

I'm mostly dreading having to come back and look at my notifications. I went away for two days once and I had 66 notifications with someone asking if I was dead in my inbox...

~*~

Something with Judy was off this morning. Like, when I went over to her apartment to pick her up, she wasn't ready! Judy's always ready when I go to pick her up! Today, she opened the door half dressed in her shirt and pants. No jacket, no badge, just her shirt and pants.

Then, on the way to work, she kept fiddling with her paws and she nearly walked into a lamppost, which was tremendously funny. But, when I asked her if she was ok, she began stuttering and speaking nervously. I ask her if she's ok everyday, and she always answers with a "yes" or a whole essay of an answer. And when I called her Carrots, she blushed!

I've been calling Judy Carrots for three years, and she hasn't blushed. Ever. I seriously didn't know what was so different about today.

But, the biggest piece of evidence that something was wrong with Judy was in roll call, when she wouldn't stop moving around in our seat. Oh the irony...

We walked into roll call, after everyone else as always, and Chief Bogo wasn't there yet. I gave Judy a leg up to the chair, then she helped me up. Ancient protocol. Judy was acting really strange and kept moving around in her seat, which I didn't really mind as I was too fixated on my phone to even look at her. But, when Chief Bogo came in with a whole wad of announcements and cases to be solved, that was when it began to get annoying.

I tried to pay attention to the chief and what he was saying, but out of the corner of my eye, I could see Judy moving around and trying to get comfortable. I ignored it for a few minutes, but when she didn't stop I decided to take action. Bogo was too caught up in his reports and announcements to care about Judy's restlessness, but she was sitting right next to me! I couldn't take it anymore.

So, I lifted her up by the waist and sat her down on my lap, which awarded in a few glances from the officers near enough to see us, but I literally would do anything to get her to stop moving. I felt Judy go stiff in my lap, and I knew why. She was afraid to move in case she sat on my "ahem".

"Relax," I whispered to her. "I would rather you sit on my groin area than have to put up with you shifting around next to me."

Judy did as I told her to and relaxed, leaning back against my chest and actually not moving. It was almost as if she had found it comfortable to sit on my lap, which I didn't mind. It actually felt quite foreign, which made the experience even more better.

But, like all good things, that giddy feeling had to come to an end. And it was only when Judy hopped off of my lap did I notice that Bogo was gone and that the officers were clearing off. I jumped off of the chair and gave Judy a confused look.

"What'd we get assigned to?" I asked and she gave me a sweet smile.

"Parking duty," she answered, still smiling.

I raised an eyebrow and put my shades on my head.

"And you're happy about that?" I asked in confusion.

"Oh~ yeah," she drawled, picking up her vest and hat from Bogo's desk and putting them on. "The car is too small for two animals, so I guess I'll be sitting in your lap again," she sang before winking and skipping out of the room.

I gave her a confused look before chuckling and shaking my head.

"Sly bunny."

~*~

I literally just got this idea and I was like: "*makes weird animal noises* I mUST wrITE!"

Also, 50TH ONE SHOT! Next update will be 13 facts about me because everyone else is doing it 😂