Rain [Judy's POV]

It's funny how I came out with the idea for "Distraction" with just a simple action in a picture, and now I'm actually pointing out the main subject of these pictures with a one-shot.

~*~

I love the rain. I always have and I always will. To me, it was a reminder that I was free. Just the feeling of the cold raindrops against my fur made me feel relaxed, whereas with Nick, he hated the rain. He called rain the devil's tears which I said doesn't make sense because if the devil did exist, he would be below us rather than above us...where rain comes from...

"Hopps, come on!" Nick urged, standing underneath the balcony of a building in front of me while the rain poured, pattering down on the roof above Nick.

He was shivering and decently dry, but at least he wasn't as wet as I was. I was soaked from head to toe and I wasn't even shivering! I was having a blast, just dancing around in the rain while animals passing by were giving me the weirdest looks. I didn't even hear it when Nick called out to me, as I was too caught up in the rain. It didn't even occur to me that I was still in my work uniform, which I had to wear tomorrow. But I didn't think about that as I continued skipping around the same spot on the pavement.

"Alright, that's it!" Nick exclaimed, marching right over to me and grabbing my wrist.

He dragged me along with him down the street while I laughed at how annoyed he was.

"Aww, is little Nicky cold?" I asked teasingly as a frown appeared on his face.

His grip on my wrist didn't loosen; in fact, it tightened to a point where it drew pain.

"Nick, you can let go of me now, I'm coming with you," I said, a tinge of worry appearing in my voice.

But when Nick didn't let go, and continued marching down the street, my worry grew into panic, and a bit of pain.

"Ow! Nick let go!" I yelled, pushing his paw off of my wrist and away from me which such force that he stumbled backwards and fell into a puddle behind him.

I pressed my paws to my mouth in shock and also so I could hold back a laugh. But I couldn't, and I laughed harder than I had ever laughed in my entire life. The sight of Nick just sitting in the puddle, his clothes now dripping wet as a monotone expression stretched across his face, made me laugh even more. (sHIT TRY EVERYTHING JUST CAME ON. *starts bobbing head up and down to the music* mHM.)

After a minute of me laughing hysterically, I finally wiped away my tears of laughter with my finger and extended my arm out for Nick to take my paw so I couldn't help him up. Nick took one look at my paw, then at me, and smirked, and I knew what he was planning to do. But before I could run away or jerk my paw back, he grabbed it and yanked me down so I toppled into the puddle on top of him.

Nick burst into a fit of laughter at the squealing sound I made when I fell and I blushed furiously, splashing him with the water below us until we got into a full on water fight. By the time Nick has dropped me off at my apartment, we were both soaked and chilled to the bone, and the consequences of our evening were finally catching up with us.

"You think Bogo will mind if we show up tomorrow in non-uniform?" Nick asked as I pulled out my apartment keys from my back pocket.

"Probably, but it's either non-uniform or soggy cops all day. I'm sure he'll let us off for one day," I replied, unlocking my door and turning back around to face Nick. "Now get outta here, my landlord will kill both of us for getting her wooden flooring wet."

Nick looked down at the puddle of rainwater beneath his feet, then back up at me.

"You know, you're probably right. But who has wooden flooring that's not laminate?" Nick asked and I rolled my eyes. "I've probably got like...a million splinters just from coming to pick you up and drip you off from work everyday. Perhaps I should stop coming..." He suggested, smirking.

I playfully punched Nick's arm and pointed my finger at him, with the other paw on my hip.

"You leave me, I'll kill you," I said, trying to sound serious.

"Then try not to play in the rain next time it falls, ok Carrots? Ciao," Nick asked, like be was talking to a child before walking down the hallway with his paws behind his back.

I watched him for a moment, shaking my head before stepping into my apartment and shutting the door behind me and locking it. I then trudged into my bathroom, my feet squelching as I walked, to get a towel to dry myself.

Bogo would not be very happy if Nick and I showed up in non-uniform tomorrow.

~*~

Who doesn't love the rain? I just love getting my hair wet 😂

Also, I'm sorry if I offended any of you with that part about the devil not being real. I understand that some of you may have different beliefs and I completely respect that. I just thought it would be a good part to use in this one-shot.