Bullying [Nick's POV]

I thought of this in art while painting an anime eye I drew, what.

Also, just pretend Judy and Nick are the same age in this one 

~*~

"Hey, Carrots, can you pass me a paintbrush?" I asked, not looking behind me at Judy as I held out my paw.

Judy silently passed me the paintbrush I asked for, not looking behind her at me as she was too focused on her own artwork.

"Thanks," I smiled, taking the paintbrush from her paw and dipping it in the orange paint.

Our teacher had told us to paint a picture of a good memory we had in our lives and because Judy is the only one capable of making good memories for me, I decided to paint our best one.

It was about two years ago when we were both twelve - Judy was probably eleven - and the sun was shining brightly in the sky. We were in the park, Judy was wearing a white tank top with green stripes going across it and a carrot in the middle with blue shorts while I was wearing my green Hawaiian shirt - the sleeves rolled up - and brown shorts with my sunglasses on my head. Both of us were smiling wide smiles with our eyes closed and Finnick took the picture with me giving Judy a piggyback.

I didn't need the picture to remember every last detail of the memory, though, as I had replayed it over and over again in my mind whenever I was sad or angry. I'd peeked over at Judy's painting a few times to see her painting a different memory, but one that still had me in it.

It was the one from when we were quite small, probably four or five, and we were standing outside our school gates on the first day of school. I remember our mothers taking pictures of us while our fathers were on the other side of the street talking and laughing.

"Stand up straight, kids!" I remember my mother saying, trying to get us to pose normally and we did. But just as my mother was about to snap the photo, Judy and I suddenly wrapped our arms around eachother, our faces smushing up against eachothers as we smiled goofily and hugged eachother.

That memory was very special to Judy, as it reminded her of our amazing history together. We'd been friends since nursery, which was around three years old, and now we were fourteen. Judy had told me many times how that memory was sentimental to her, and she knew how sentimental the park memory was for me.

"Nice painting, Judy. Where'd you get that memory, the gutter?"

I suddenly turned around, seeing Gideon Grey standing next to Judy and pointing at her painting. I saw her grip on the paintbrush tighten as she did her best to ignore Gideon. I don't even know why, but Gideon had always hated Judy, and it really annoyed me. Half the time she didn't even do anything! The other half, I had to pick her up and literally carry her away to keep her from lashing out at him, which, honestly, I would've loved to have seen.

"That painting is almost as ugly as you, but then again, nothing can compare to how ugly you are," Gideon snorted.

I looked around the room, trying to find the teacher, but she wasn't there. So I stood up, the chair legs squeaking against the floor as I looked at Gideon.

"Hey-" I started, but Judy cut me off.

"Nick, just leave it," she warned.

"Yeah, Nick, just leave it," Gideon mimicked Judy. "This wuss needs to learn how to stick up for herself as well as paint better. Here, let me make it better."

And with that, Gideon reached over the table, grabbing a big paintbrush before dunking it into a nasty blob of brown paint and smearing it all over Judy's painting. Judy gasped, pushing her chair out at the same time as a tub of water got poured over her head by one of Gideon's friends.

I growled loudly, grabbing Gideon by the collar of his school shirt and pushing him against the wall hard. I raised a fist and just as I was about to punch him, I heard Judy sniffle from next to me. The room fell silent of all the students in it and I looked over at Judy, who had tears filling her beautiful purple eyes.

She didn't even seem to care about the water dripping from her droopy ears or soaking through her shirt to reveal her bra as she looked down at the painting in front of her, the brown paint smudged by the water and the painting beneath that smudged by both the brown paint and the water.

The whole class watched as she got up from her seat and ran out of the classroom, tears running down her face. I made no hesitation in going after her - after punching Gideon really hard in the nose - running out of the classroom and down the corridor until I found her sitting on the floor against one of the walls, her face in her paws as her body shook with sobs.

"Hey," I cooed, sitting down next to her and wrapping both of my arms around her small body.

I felt the water from her body soak through my shirt and onto my fur, but I didn't care. Gideon took it too far this time.

"Gideon's a dick," I stated, rubbing her back up and down as she cried into my chest. "He's just jealous because you're better than him at everything."

Judy continued crying into my chest, slowly snaking her arms around my torso to hug me back, which in return made me hug her tighter.

"Seriously, did you see his painting?" I asked, snickering. "It was literally a big purple blob holding an ice-cream that looked like a scoop of shit."

Judy giggled and her sobs slowly turned to sniffles as she lifted her head out of my chest.

"You ok now?" I asked, looking deep into her beautiful purple eyes.

Judy nodded, resting her head against the wall behind her. "He just walked all over a precious memory that means so much to me," she sighed.

"Well, don't worry, Carrots. I made sure to give him a pretty bad nosebleed," I replied proudly.

"Nick, you're gonna get suspended for that," she snickered and I shrugged.

"I'd get expelled if it meant sticking up for you, Cottontail," I smiled, playfully punching her shoulder.

Judy smiled at me, sniffling a little. "Thanks, Nick."

"Anytime," I replied. "Oh, and that thing he said about you being ugly: I think you're beautiful if it makes you feel any better," I admitted, blushing a little as I scratched the back of my neck.

Judy leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, getting up off of the floor and extending her paw out to me.

"Thank you, Nick," she smiled as I took her paw and she pulled me up. "I think you're pretty handsome too."

~*~

I swear to God, I would've done a lot more than punch Gideon in this one-shot. I'd fucking John Cena his ass.

Also, #966 in fanfiction like what?? Thank you guys so much for all your reads, comments and votes as you see they definitely mean a lot to me!