Blackout [Judy's POV]

Whoever drew this is my new senpai.

~*~

Nick and I watched on the edge of our seats, as our favourite TV show's season finale was reaching its climax.

"Who do you think the author of the journals is?" Nick leaned over to ask me and I swatted him away.

"Ssh!" I hissed, keeping my eyes glued to the screen.

Just as the anonymous figure's face was about to come into view, the TV suddenly switched off, along with all of the lights in the house, causing me to jump up in fright.

"Aw, come on! Right at the best bit too!" Nick whined, sitting back on the couch.

I knew Nick was annoyed, but I was terrified. I was afraid of the dark, like, madly afraid. I had to sleep with the lamp on beside me every night and now that I was surrounded by darkness, I couldn't breathe. My breaths became short and shallow, and I could feel my body shaking in fear.

"Carrots?" Nick asked, turning his head to look over at me.

I couldn't see Nick, but he could see me. And when he saw the state I was in, pressed up against the corner of my couch, he got worried.

"Judy, Judy hey!" He exclaimed, putting a paw on my shoulder which caused me to flinch. "Hey, it's ok. It's just me. It was just a stupid blackout, but I'm still here. Hi."

I felt my breathing slowly go back to normal as the paw on my shoulder grew warmer. I looked over to where I thought Nick was and stuck my paw out in front of me, trying to feel around for anything. As Nick was actually quite close to me, I ended up hitting him somewhere that felt like his nose.

"Ow," he said quite plainly, like it didn't even hurt.

"Sorry!" I whispered, my voice still quiet from my internal shock. "I don't have night vision."

"I know," Nick chuckled. "Which means you don't know where I am or where I could go"

I gulped.

"I could just leave right now and you'd never be able to find the door," he teased, but I took it seriously.

Judging that how this nose was right in front of me face, I wrapped my arms around what had to be neck and refused to let go.

"Don't leave!" I begged, my voice echoing throughout my apartment.

"Chill, Carrots, I was just kidding," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm not going anywhere."

I felt a smile creep up onto my face as I hugged him tighter.

"Good."

~*~

Yeah, it was nearly four a.m when I wrote this please help me 😂