Bedridden [Judy's POV]

Help me I'm going to Center Parcs for four days tomorrow and I haven't even packed yet.

~*~

My eyes fluttered open slowly and took a while to adjust to my surroundings. I knew for sure that I wasn't in my bedroom as the ceiling was too bright for what my ceiling at home looked like. Once my eyes adjusted, so did my ears, and all of my other bodily parts - including my right leg which hurt like the devil.

I lifted my head up off of the pillow below me and looked around, only to see that I was in a hospital room and my leg was strung up in a cast. Nick sat next to my bed, aimlessly flicking through a magazine that was on the table next to me.

"Nick?" I asked, my voice coming out as hoarse at first, so I cleared my throat.

Nick's head jerked up from the magazine and a smile stretched across his lips.

"Hey Carrots," he said.

"Nick, what happened? Why am I in hospital?" I asked, looking around the room.

"Well, a bookshelf fell on your leg during a bookstore chase and you broke it," Nick answered simply, and my eyes widened.

"Oh," I managed to say plainly as I looked at my broken leg, then back at Nick. "When am I allowed back at work?"

"Nurse said six months."

"Six months?!" I yelled in disbelief. "What am I supposed to do for six months?!'

"Recover. Chief said I get three days off every week to look after you," Nick responded and my ears fell.

It's not that I didn't want to hang out with Nick, I always enjoyed his company. It was just the fact that I couldn't work any real cases for six months. Half a year!

"Looks like you're stuck with me for the next six months, Fluff," Nick teased and I couldn't help but smile.

"Well, when do I get out of here?" I asked, looking around the room again.

"Tomorrow. Luckily, tomorrow's Sunday, and that means I get to take you back to yours and help you settle before I go back to work on Monday," Nick said, putting the magazine back on the table.

"How is that lucky?" I asked in confusion.

"I get to spend the day with my best buddy. And watch her try to do everything herself and then give up and ask for my help," he answered, smirking.

"You just love watching me struggle, don't you?" I asked teasingly.

"More than you think."

~*~

I'm assuring all of you, I wrote this one-shot before I wrote Six Months so this is just pure coincidence. 😂