Sleeptalking [Nick's POV]

I felt the need to write something funny 😂

~*~

I woke from the sound of mumbling next to me, and judging by the lack of sunlight shining through the curtains, I could tell that it wasn't six yet. I rolled over to see Judy sleeping next to me, her nose twitching as she breathed in and out calmly. Judy looked so beautiful when she slept, but she wasn't sleeping. Well, I didn't think she was, as I recognised the voice those mumbles came from. And her mouth seemed to be moving in time with the things being said.

"No, Mr. Whiskers, don't hurt him," she mumbled like a whining child, her closed eyes scrunching up as she shook her head.

I pursed my lips to hold back a snicker and propped myself up onto my elbow, looking down at Judy.

"So my girlfriend's a sleeptalker, then?" I asked myself quietly, feeling a smirk grow on my face.

Seeing as Judy hadn't so much as stirred from her sleep when I spoke, I decided to have some fun with this new thing I had just discovered within my girlfriend.

"Hey Judy?" I asked, leaning down closer to her face.

Judy hummed in response, still deep in sleep.

"Will you make me pancakes for breakfast later?" I asked teasingly, waiting for her response.

I was actually genuinely surprised with Judy smiled in her sleep and nodded.

"I'll...make you pancakes," she grumbled wistfully.

I mentally gave myself a pat on the back and continued teasing Judy with different questions, hoping for a positive answer on all of them.

"Is Nick the best?"

"Mhm," came her tired reply.

"Is Nick the most handsome fox you've ever met?"

"Definitely," she whispered, even more wistfully than before, and I felt my ego slowly get bigger.

"Then, I have a very important question for you, Judy," I began, making sure my voice was clear but not too loud to physically wake her up from her sleep.

When Judy lifted her head up slightly in acknowledgement, I took that as my cue to continue.

"Will you marry me?" I asked in a serious, yet playful tone.

Waiting for Judy's reply, I noticed her eyes start to scrunch up again like she did when she was talking to "Mr. Whiskers"? and her brows furrowed in confusion. She then shook her head and turned around so her back was facing me.

"No," she answered, sounding like a child.

I narrowed my eyes as my ears fell flat against my head.

"Well, it was worth a try," I said to myself as I turned back around and went back to sleep.

~*~

Upon realising this one-shot was shit, Author-chan repetitively began banging her head on her wall until her mother came in and told her to stop making so much noise.