Long Day [Judy's POV]

This picture makes me laugh so much sometimes 😂

~*~

I sighed as I lumbered into my tiny apartment. The day was long, and I begged for it to be over. Nick and I were sent out on a really important case connecting to the murders of a few animals from Sahara Square. Chief Bogo should've known I wasn't ready. I should've known I wasn't ready. Heck, I shiver when other animals are assigned the big cases, so how do you think I felt when I was assigned one?!

But, like all things that could happen, I ended up screwing everything up and the criminal got away. The murderer. Got away. I was at shooting point, when I panicked and couldn't do it. Nick kept assuring me that everything was fine and that we'd catch him next time, but who knows if there will be a next time? Chief Bogo was already super mad when I got back and near enough fired me. But Clawhauser managed to convince him to at least give me parking duty.

I took off my hat but left my vest on. It was the only brightly coloured thing in my apartment and I didn't really want to lose that shred of optimism I had left. I trudged over to my desk and sat down on the chair, staring into my paws before burying my face into them and letting the tears come out. I had been holding them in all day, and I needed to let them out.

I sunk down onto the floor and cried into my legs, while kneeling down on the rough, wooden floor. I should've known I would mess everything up, and yet I still decided to take the case. I thought that because Nick was going to be there, that everything was going to be ok. But, as the floor below me dampened in my tears, I found myself missing him. I found myself missing my favourite fox and all I wanted to do was hug him, and cry into his chest, and have him tell me that everything would be ok.

I just needed him...

And with that, I sprinted. I ran off down the hallway and out of my apartment, and all the way to Nick's place on the other side of town. It was late at night, and there weren't many animals out. But all the nocturnals who were out and about gave me looks of worry and confusion as I ran past them, with my meter maid vest on and tears running down my face. One of them even asked me if I was ok, but I pushed past them and continued running, finding myself even more desperate to be in the fox's arms with every nearing step.

When I finally reached Nick's house, I hesitated before knocking on the door. After a couple of seconds, the door opened, and I felt my chin being tipped up by a soft finger. Nick was standing there, worry plastering his whole face as he stared deep into my eyes. Once he was done examining my face, a warm kind of smile stretched across his face.

"I was wondering when you would call," he said softly, holding out his arms for a hug.

I stared at him for a moment, before feeling the tears rushing back to me. I had been waiting for this all day. I let out a small cry as I ran up to Nick and buried my face into his chest, inhaling the distinctive smell of...Nick...

I wrapped my arms around his torso as Nick wrapped his around my shoulders, hugging me tightly. I instantly felt better, as the warmth mixed with the compassion I was getting off of Nick made me feel like the luckiest bunny in the world. But even then, when I was a crying mess, would Nick not stop with his remarks.

"You bunnies," he began, patting my head. "So emotional."

~*~

Thanks mum for the best birthday cake EVER! (Even though this picture was taken two days ago xD)