How I Met Your Mother [General POV]

*looks at the picture above* help me 😂

So this one shot is a little different to my other ones. Instead of it being done in either Judy or Nick's POV, I'm doing it in General POV (which is third person). It's also set in an AU (alternate universe) where Nick lived in Bunnyburrow. I know, I know, confusing. But to top it off, they're all kids in this one!

~*~

"Give it back, Gideon!" Judy ordered, jumping up and down trying to retrieve her police hat from Gideon Grey.

Gideon cackled as he held her hat up higher above his head, bringing it back down on the odd occasion just to pull it back up again.

"Jump, bunny, jump!" He teased, waving the hat over his head.

Judy had had enough. Tears of anger blurred her vision as she clenched her fists into balls at her sides. She stopped jumping as her ears slowly fell to the sides of her head.

"Aww, is the wittle bunny gon' cry?" Gideon asked mockingly, erupting into a fit of laughter shortly afterwards. "Look at her nose twitch! She is gonna cry!"

Judy wanted to cry, a lot, but she knew that if she did, then Gideon would win. Even when Gideon pushed her to the ground and clawed her face, she didn't cry, even though it was extremely painful.

"What's going on here?" Someone new, someone Judy hadn't heard before, asked.

She opened her eyes to see another fox, one her age but not as big as Gideon. He was wearing a green Hawaiian shirt with a blue and pink striped tie and brown khaki pants, his paws in his pockets, and the emerald green of his eyes were glistening with anger.

"We're just teaching our friend Judy here that a dumb bunny like her will never be a cop," Gideon replied, not looking at the fox when he said it.

The fox looked down at Judy in sympathy, noticing the gash on the side of her face, and decided to take action.

"Is that so?" He asked, taking a step towards Gideon. "That's quite a violent lesson for someone of your capability."

Gideon's face grew red with anger, and Judy decided it was best not to say anything. Besides, this fox was helping her out.

"Oh, you don't know who you're messing with, Nick Wilde," Gideon snarled, squaring up to Nick. Gideon was taller than him, but that didn't seem to bother Nick.

"Actually, I do," Nick replied, smiling forcefully. "I've been doing my research on you, Gideon Grey, and I know that you have a history with bullying. So, would you like me to get your alcoholic mother involved?" Nick asked and everything fell silent.

Judy held her breath in anticipation as she knew that Nick was going to get it. Such a shame too, as he seemed like a nice fox - nicer than Gideon anyway. Gideon stared at Nick before breathing heavily.

"You better watch yourself, Wilde," Gideon warned before throwing Judy's hat on the ground and walking away.

Judy watched in shock as Gideon disappeared round the corner, and she didn't really know what to do. Nick picked up her hat before helping her up. He dusted off her hat on his trousers and handed it to her.

"I believe this belongs to you," he smiled as Judy took the hat and put it back on her head.

"Thank you," she replied quietly, smiling up at Nick. "Why did you help me? I thought bunnies and foxes are natural enemies."

"Come on, Carrots, we're evolved. There's no such thing as natural enemies," Nick answered, making Judy blink. "Besides, I couldn't just let that jerk pick on a small bunny like you. Now, how about I take you back to mine so my mom can clean up those cuts for you?"

Judy's ears perked up.

"O-ok," she answered nervously as she followed Nick.

~*~

"And that, kids, is the story of how I met your mother!" Nick exclaimed as his wife, Judy, stood in the doorway to their twins' bedroom.

"Wow, that Gideon Grey sure is a jerk!" Dean said angrily.

"Yeah, he hurt Mommy!" Ellie agreed from next to her brother.

"But look at it this way," Judy began, sitting down on the opposite side of the bed as Nick. "If Gideon wasn't being horrible to Mommy, then her and Daddy never would've met, and you two rascals wouldn't exist!"

"Exactly!" Nick added on. "Now come on you two, bed," he said, tucking in the twins.

"Night Mommy, night Daddy!" They both said in unison, causing Judy to giggle.

"Goodnight babies," she said before kissing them both on the forehead and walking out with Nick.

"Night you two!" He called out before closing the door behind him.

~*~

In case you haven't noticed, I'm keeping the names of their children the same in every one shot because I can't be bothered to make new ones 😂

Also, this General POV is just a temporary thing, but if you like it then make sure to tell me and I'll try to make more of them. This goes for one-shot set in AUs aswell.