2 ● You're Kind Of Ugly

Just like most of our unnecessary fights, the one about him leaving me passed.

Luckily for me, I had only three classes to take. Two down, one more to go after lunch

Kai and a few of our friends, mostly his, decided to have lunch at the KFC near our school.

It felt good to have friends who actually knew how to drive and owned a car. But it really got frustrating when they'd start complaining about gas, and how they hate driving and how we should just use our legs...

Like now..

I was really not having it. I had already used up all my energy running a distance this morning.

We had already been walking for three minutes and we were just getting out of the school premises. Now they wanted me to walk all the way to KFC?

"I'm going to die," I concluded, already panting.

"You big fat chicken," Corey laughed and mocked me.

"Mm. Sounds like my lunch," Kai commented deliciously, rubbing his stomach.

I sent a punch to his shoulder and he fake-stumbled because let's be honest. My best friend was built.

I was as light as a feather, as soft as white bread and as tiny as a needle.

He just always felt the need to make me feel so strong.

"Can we just walk back please? I'll give you some gas money," I pleaded.

"It's just 11 more minutes away," Juliet said. "Suck it up."

I rolled my eyes at her and brought out my phone to play my best fiends game as we walked. That, of course, slowed me down and I was falling behind.

But that was kind of the point, except Kai didn't get it.

He actually stood waiting for me to catch up while everyone kept moving forward.

"You don't have to wait up," I told him without taking my eyes off my phone or stopping.

"Nah I have to," he said. "Can't risk you getting abducted by a creepy stalker."

I mentally laughed at his delusional statement and tucked my phone into my pocket. "And what makes you think I have any stalkers?"

"Have you seen you?" He looked at me like I was the delusional one... crazy in fact. "You're beautiful and not just on the outside. You've got to have at least one."

How sweet. That was the best part of him. The fact that he could switch up from being a huge douche to being a sweetheart. Absolutely why I still kept him around.

"Actually, scratch that. You're kind of ugly," he added thoughtfully.

That switch up was also the reason I wanted to kick him in the balls.

I rolled my eyes at his childish never ending laughter and finally it died down.

"C'mon," he said, facing his back to me. "I'll carry you."

And without thinking, I sprinted happily jumping aggressively unto his back and almost sending the both of us to the ground.

Oh, the thrill.

***

It started raining on our way back, so you can imagine.

We had to run.

By the time I got to class, I was out of breath, late and soaking wet.

Next time, hopefully everyone would listen to me and use their damn cars.

"Sorry I'm late," I politely apologized to the new teacher, taking off Kai's jacket he had borrowed me to prevent me from getting wet.

Well won't you look how well that didn't turn out.

Luckily for him, he had no class to run to. He was done for the day and last I saw him, he was getting into his car.

He'd probably be half way home by now.

The lady behind the dorky glasses looked at me with such a mean glare. "What's your name young lady?"

I cleared my throat. "Skylar Johnson."

She pushed he glasses down her defined nose. "I do not tolerate unpunctuality," she strictly stated. "This should be the last time you're late to my class. Be seated."

I nodded and quickly scurried off to the first empty seat I could find, making sure it wasn't on the first row.

I turned to my right and immediately recognized the freckle-faced beauty that I was sat next to. Just like with Jesse, we also took history together.

If I recall, they were always both pretty close. I mean I never talked to either of them and since Corey had also been in that class, I usually just spoke to him. No body else.

The girl saw me and quickly recognized me. An excited smile appeared on her face as she broader her eyes at me, giving me a wave.

I gave her a little one back, with an unsure grin.

She turned to her own right and seemed to be saying something rather still enthusiastically.

Next thing, Jesse's head popped forward, his eyes on me.

He seemed a bit uncomfortable even though he waved.

Before I could even flash him a smile, he had returned to his original position.

Right. Of course.

I had completely walked out on him when he was trying to ask me out.

Why did I feel guilty? I mean of course he wasn't the first guy to ask me out. I wasn't ugly and I knew that.

But then again he wasn't the first guy I had walked out on. Most of them didn't care. In fact, I never saw most of them again.

If I did, I didn't notice.

Mrs. Durshaw, I read on the board, trying to focus on Calculus when I suddenly feel a buzz in my back pocket. 

Thanks to self control, I didn't jump off. I managed to get the phone out without drawing much attention to myself.

Johnny Bravo; waiting for you at the parking lot.

That was Kai by the way. I call him Johnny Bravo because of how smooth he was with the ladies.

Really. This boy can make a girl believe she's the one for him even when she's looking at him in the bed with another female.

So maybe he hadn't gone home. After the stunt he pulled earlier I believe I have every right to think he'd leave me.

Instead of listening in class, I put on my cunning smirk. I had to avenge my legs.

He had to pay for what he did.

A/N: boring chapter. Boring life. I'm sorry.