3 ● Don't You Wanna Kiss Me Baby?

As evil as she was, Mrs. Durshaw let us out early, though, not without some homework to do.

I was already on my way out to the parking lot when I heard a high pitched voice call my name.

The person rather persistent and determined.

"Skylar! Wait up!" The voice sounded once more.

I huffed, seizing to move anymore. I turned around and almost staggered backwards when I saw the girl I sat next to in Calculus.

Two classes with her and you'd think I'd remember her name.

I was horrible with it. If I didn't talk to you I didn't care about your name.

It was until she came to a halt in front of me that I noticed Jesse following behind.

"Hey!" She so happily announced. "Remember me right? From History with Mr. Roberts last year."

"Of course! Uh..." I pretended to recall her name... as if I knew it in the first place.

Luckily, I was an okay actress and she bought it. "Yvonne," she helped me out.

"Right. That's what I was gonna say--"

"Do you have GroupMe? Jesse just started a group for the class in case anyone needs help," she informed me.

I looked at Jesse who was looking at anywhere except me. It was almost like he was forced to be there.

"Yea. I'll just give you my number," I said directly to him.

"Okay. You do that and I'll just go get ready for my next class," Yvonne said. With the twinkle of an eye, she had disappeared into the hallway.

Jesse handed his phone over to me in silence and took it back when I was done saving my number in.

When he looked at what I had saved my name as, he gave out a light chuckle. "Wonder Woman?" He questioned.

I raised a hand to my ear. "You called?"

He laughed again.

"I'll add you to the group." "I'm sorry about earlier." We both chorused at the same time.

"I'm sorry," I repeated not wasting time. "I didn't mean to walk out on you earlier. It must've been rude."

He squinted his eyes at me, but kept his smirk. "Exceedingly rude."

"How about I make it up to you?" I asked, battering my long lashes at him the sweetest I could. "I'm free this weekend?"

He swiftly ran his tongue across his lips, trying to hide the smile that was appearing. Well, at least he tried. "Sounds good. I'll text you," he nodded at me and before I could respond, he already had his back at me, walking away down the hallway.

And for some reason, I stood there, staring blankly at him.

***

"No! We've watched that over a thousand times!" Kai whined.

Boys. They were such cry babies.

After school, we had driven to get some frozen yogurt. For such a little town out in Virginia, we actually did have a lot.

We, however, ended up at Kai's place which was only a few steps away from mine, arguing on what movies to watch.

I chose Shrek while he wanted to watch Deadpool again.