13 ● All At Once

Gone were the innocence of my lips.

He had only left a peck on them, but it felt like a thousand lightening bolts running through my body... must be the anger I felt towards him at that moment.

He pulled back and looked at me with this certain desire in his eyes. And I looked at him in nothing but complete shock, my lips parted agape.

Just when I was about to go off on him, he leaned in once again and his lips came in contact with mine, this time more wanting than the last.

Still overwhelmed with shock, I stood still while his hands held my neck up for support.

All that went through my head was how could he do this? He knew how important my first kiss was to me... How I was with my first everything.

But most of all, I was scared because I felt that lightning bolt feeling again, and instead of pushing him away, I found myself responding, parting my lips, paving a way for him to enter.

And he did.. without hesitation.

He started off slowly, caressing my tongue with his and once again, I responded by mirroring his actions, letting my hand slide up to the side of his face.

I found myself pulling him closer as our lips moved in perfect synchronization.

"Ooooo," someone squealed and Kai immediately pulled away.

We had totally forgotten where we were. It was written all over his face. He was shocked about what we had done.

"That was sooooo hot!" Juliet squealed once again, this time, clapping her hands.

I didn't take my eyes off Kai. He wasn't looking at me anymore and his cheeks had turned a rosy pink.

I realized myself and suddenly my shock turned into anger, and so I slapped him on his face before turning my back and stomping away, leaving everyone to stare at my back and mutter their gossips.

How could he do that? How dare he?!

***

I sat just at shore, where the cold water could barely touch my feet, deep in thought.

Juliet had come to talk to me, but I quickly scurried her off. Same with Corey. I just wanted to be alone at the moment.

However, Kai didn't even bother coming after me. He was with himself and I was with myself, thinking how could he?

How could he make me feel that way? Kissing him, it was... electric, just the way I had wished my first kiss to be. But it wasn't completely perfect.

I didn't love him that way... I just couldn't. And knowing him, with the variety of girls he had kissed and slept with, he probably saw it as nothing.

He didn't even ask! Just stole it like he had a right. 

But no matter how much I complained about what he had done, I couldn't hide the fact that I had liked every bit of it and I could still remember the lingering feeling of his soft lips on mine. 

I blushed. How could I be reminiscing about something so stupid? 

"You okay?" His voice came from behind me and I shrieked, thinking I was just imagining things. When I realized it was really him, my anger returned and I had a lot to tell him.

I got on my two feet and faced him. "Am I okay? Is that really what you're gonna ask me, Kai?"

He began scratching the back of his head, rummaging for the answer he could give me. Who ever thought that Kai Tatar would ever be speechless.

"You've really got some nerve, you know that?" I asked, shoving him rather aggressively. "Best friends DON'T GO AROUND KISSING EACH OTHER, especially when you know how much it means to me. And you just stole it like it was nothing!"

I shoved him one more time, and he still didn't speak. 

"What the hell were you thinking?" I asked him, about to shove him again, but this time, he held both my hands together.

"I was thinking," he started off, so calm and reserved. "Your first kiss should be someone that really cares about you, and not just some player who claims to like you."

His eyes were focused gazing into mine, and all I could think about was the fact that I had just kissed him, and enjoy every bit of it. I had to fight the urge to look at his lips and so I acted by pushing him off.

"You're a piece of shit," I murmured. 

"Oh don't give me that crap, Skylar!" His voice had gone up a notch. "If you hated kissing me that bad, maybe you should've pushed me away and not kissed me back."

"I--" I started off, but had nothing else to say. He was right. I shouldn't be complaining if I kissed him back, but I couldn't let him win this fight. He was the one at fault. 

"Exactly," he spoke, beating me to it. "You're just angry at me because I made you feel something."

"Yea, vomit up my throat," I spat at him before I began walking away. Unfortunately for me, this time he followed me behind.

"You sure about that?" I jumped when I felt the warm air from his mouth fan the back of my neck.

"Absolutely!" I told him, stomping my foot on the wet sand.

"So what are you angry about?" He asked and I grunted.

How dim could he be? I stopped in my tracks to answer his question, just so he could get it through his thick skull how mad I was at him.

"I'm angry because you knew how important it was to me, and you just took it away from me, and over what? A silly dare."

I was about to continue my journey to God knows where, when I heard his voice, softer than ever.

"It wasn't just a silly dare," he said.

I had to face him, to make sure what I heard wasn't some heavy duty imagination.

"I just wanted your first kiss to live up to your expectations. So if you think about it," he said, looking at me with a conniving and intimidating smirk. "Like every other thing I do, I did it for you."

He turned his back and began walking away, leaving me to stand there frozen. 

He really could take things too far. But if he thought that silly explanation could make our friendship go back to normal, he must've been out of his bloody mind. 

And yes, I know that I shouldn't be saying that if I felt nothing when he kissed me.

But that was the problem. You see...

When he kissed me, I felt everything all at once.

But that was probably how all kisses were with anybody.

A/N: Im so sorry this is a short and boring chapter probably, but however boring it was, I thought it was perfect, and adding anything else to it would destroy the beauty.

So I hope you all enjoyed this chapter however short it was.

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment :D <3