22 ● Deal With It

A/N: please don't forget to vote and feel free to comment anything 💕

Kai Tatar

It is so hard trying to figure out the shit you've done to someone to make them just push you away so readily and easily.

It didn't even appear like it was hard for her to do.

I had gone to hers the next day to pick her up for school and her mother told me she had already left with a golden haired boy.

Fucking Hubert.

I still felt uneasy and shameful after I had tried to make a move on her and she pushed me away.

What the hell was I thinking?

I wasn't thinking at all. Hell, when I'm around her, I never have control of my self. Don't understand why. Never have. And I don't think I ever will.

But I was on the verge of getting entirely mad. If she gave me one more reason, that was it. It was already bad enough that she was doing this after I had told her about my parents.

I was stupid for making a move on her.

Stupid stupid stupid!

She is my best friend. Or at least she supposed to be.

These days, it was like she was deliberately trying to push me away. And because I felt that way, I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of letting her know how much she hurt me.

I was already sat in my French class with a few of the guys from the football team seated around me.

They mumbled on, talking about the stupid homecoming dance, who they planned to take and who they planned to shag. 

Pathetic, you could say. That was why I never participated in such.

And anyone who knew me would know that. 

Usually, Skylar just comes to watch me play. And after that, we go out to eat or get frozen yogurt.

Or we just sit out somewhere outside where the sky looks perfect and so blue, and I listen to her read 'A Kingdom of Dreams' to me for the umpteenth time till I fall asleep or till she feels sleepy.

But then once we'd get home, the sleep is always gone and then it's time to fight over what to watch.

I hated books and I hated reading, but it was actually quite soothing listening to her read to me.

Most times, I actually looked forward to it just to see the stupid funny expressions on her face or when she cries helplessly at the cheesy romance.

It was... cute.

"Yo what about you Wolfe, who're you taking?" One of the guys from the team asked, snapping me out of my calming thoughts. Diego.

What a dimwit.

"He never goes to the dance, idiot." Harry said, smacking the back of Deigo's head.

I smiled mentally. I couldn't have responded any better.

"What?" Diego asked, laughing like a bloody innocent maniac. "I just thought he might come this time... since Skylar has a boyfriend now."