16 ● Briefcase

My plan failed terribly. The one where I was going to escape the pool party once Juliet turned her back.

She was holding on to my hand.

I actually thought for a minute that since she had seen the hickey, she would understand and let me stay in. But obviously I was wrong.

She had said the cover up I did with the foundation was fine.

Kai on the other hand, had dispersed to wherever. He didn't even tell me where he was going.

He had managed to leave me with Juliet, and we began approaching someone familiar I knew from school.

A guy. I know he was a big deal in the basketball team, just like Kai was in the football team.

I just couldn't remember his name. 

We stopped a bit far from the brown-eyed cutie. He was quite tall too.

I guess we weren't going to talk to him after all.

"Sky, you know Gabriel," she informed me with a wide smile, almost all her teeth were in view and suddenly something felt off.

I looked at him from head to toe. He was alright, body-wise, and Juliet had a banging body.

Maybe that's why he couldn't stop roaming his eyes all over her body.

Finally his eyes came up and he waved at her and she waved back.

This was one of the many reasons I hated wearing a bikini. Perverted idiots gawking at you and coming up with the nastiest fantasies in their twisted minds.

Juliet may have forced one on me, but still I picked one of my dad's white t-shirts and wore it over the tiny pieces of cloth.

I looked at Juliet with disgust in my heart. "What about him?" I asked almost puking.

"He asked me out for some frozen yogurt tomorrow. Isn't he cute?" She asked, swaying left to right.

"You hate FroYo."

She looked at me and rolled her eyes before turning around to walk back into the house.

"If you're looking to date, I think Corey is the perfect match for you," I told her in a discreet tone while running after her.

"Ew!" She squealed and really had to stop and face me to elaborate her statement. "Corey is a disgusting perv. Besides, he's talking to that Bethany bitch."

Yea. Corey's the perv here... Not Gabriel.

She turned around and began walking while I was frozen in shock, yet somehow my feet moved to catch up with her.

"Bethany?" I asked once we got to kitchen and she started pouring herself some apple juice.

"Yea. Jesse broke up with her again and apparently she couldn't keep her panties on for more than a week," she rolled her eyes as she lifted the cup up to her full lips.

She looked more annoyed than unbothered at the matter. Another obvious sign that she liked him... If I could just get them to get together.

But hold on for a second... Jesse ended things with Bethany?

...Again?

I folded my lips into my mouth to hide my sheepish smile, tugging at the hem of my t-shirt.

"You're so weird," Juliet pointed out before she walked right past me and back outside.

I rested my back against the kitchen counter, unsure of what to do.