19 ● What Do You Want?

*PG PEOPLE! Turn around right now if you're not of age! God is watching!*

After school, I took my time to look for Willa. Most of the classes were done and the few that were still going on, I didn't see her in them.

And she wasn't in detention either.

Which meant... She was probably watching the boys practice.

I went to the school's field and found her sitting at the pavilion.

She jumped in fear when she heard me sit, but when she saw it was me, she looked calm but still not pleased, especially since she rolled her eyes at me.

"What do you want?" She asked.

I gulped and remained silent, thinking of the most polite way to answer her question.

Should I just dive right into it? Be like 'I don't know what I want. But I know you want Kai.'

That almost sounded too harsh so no.

I didn't even know how to corner into it.

And as if she could read my mind, she spoke.

"Are you here to ask me not to mention what I heard to Jesse?" She asked boldly, like she knew anything at all. "Because--"

"I'm here to tell you they whatever you heard, is not what you thought it was," I cut her short. I didn't think I could bear listening to her talk so rudely and about absolute nonsense.

"What do you think I heard?" She removed her gaze from mine and I traced it down to Kai.

She was gawking at him. I doubted she'd even hear anything I was about to say.

"C'mon Willa, let's not act dumb about this. You think I slept-- you think I had sex with Kai." That phrase 'I slept with Kai' struck me thanks to Felice, Kai's mom. I found myself rephrasing, thinking a big deal of sleeping with my own best friend.

"I didn't," I told her. "He just said that to get me annoyed like he says a bunch of other meaningless crap."

She immediately turned to me, concern in her eyes. "So you both have never done anything at all? And I'm not talking about just sex."

Had we? No we have never. We just sleep... together. And he's just kissed my neck. And the kiss... He was my first kiss.

"Willa, you were there to witness the only kiss I've ever had," I told her. "That's about as much intimacy I've gotten with any guy, Kai included."

I mentally smiled at myself and my beautiful use of words.

There was no way she wasn't going to believe me.

"If you like Kai, there is nothing stopping you from making a move. He's a great guy," I added, just to show that I was still being friendly towards her.

I watched her get up from the bench and turn to me. "Thanks," she said and I smiled at her, giving her a small nod. "But I already told Jesse. I'm sorry."

And she walked away.

The little witch!

***