11 ● No Pickles

A/N: That's Corey :)

"How could you even do that?!" I yelled on our way home. I had been blabbering on and on about how much of a jerk he was, but he just kept laughing like I was doing some kind of comedy. "Do you have any idea how embarrassing that was?"

"Tell that to your mom when you see her. She's the one who asked me to get you immediately," he said nonchalantly, never for once taking his eyes off the road.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't tell you to scream my name all the way from your bloody car!"

"Well she didn't exactly tell me not to either," he shrugged.

I was going to say more, but I decided arguing with him was like falling down a bottomless pit... It never ends.

"Are you still coming in?" I asked in distress as he pulled up in my driveway.

"Do you still want me to?" He asked. I could see him from the corner of my eyes looking at me from the corner of his. 

"Not with this bitch attitude you've got," I said as I hopped down from his car and slammed the door shut. Next thing I heard was the sound of a car door getting shut. I turned around and unexpectedly saw Kai marching towards me, picking me off the floor and flinging me over his shoulder.

"Kaaaaaaaaaai!" I screamed.

"Who're you calling a bitch?" He asked as he walked to the main road.

"Put me down this instant!" I yelled some more, this time throwing blows at his back as hard as I could, but knowing him, it probably didn't hurt a bit.

He ignored my order and proceeded to spinning... really fast. 

I kept screaming his name to stop, but I was too overwhelmed not to laugh, so of course he didn't take me seriously. I just held him tight until he had decided to stop, which wasn't entirely a good idea. 

We had stopped spinning and everything else seemed to have started spinning. Kai dropped to floor with me landing on top of him.

"You silly bastard!" I punched him on his chest before rolling over to his side, my back faced to him and I curled up in a ball.

There we lay, in the middle of the road, laughing our lives away. 

We stayed like that for a good five minutes before Kai got up and pulled me up with him. It was quite sudden and unexpected, so I had my eyes wide and on him.

"You really think Jesse'll be good to you?" He asked out of no where. To think that we were already past this. I rolled my eyes, about to turn away and go in, but he took my wrist and held me there. "Really, I need your honest response."

I looked up from his hand on my wrist back to his eyes... sky blue eyes, and for once, I didn't know to respond. "I... I honestly don't know, but I know sometimes you have to risk it."

"Is he worth risking for?" He shot at it again.

I shrugged, I didn't know. "I just think I like him, Kai. And I wanna know what that feels like without you chasing this one away."

I could tell when he clenched his jaw that he was really forcing himself to be okay with what I had said. And then he nodded. "I hate fighting with you."

I threw my arms around him and pulled him in for one of my infamous bear hugs. 

If he wasn't the best friend any girl could ask for, then I don't know what he was. He was trying at least, and that was all I needed.