36 ● Just You

Head spinning. The world rotating.

It felt like I was sinking into my bed.

It was all in a good way. A really good way.

For the past one minute I had been debating how I was going to get off the bed and open the door for whoever had been screaming my name forever.

Sounded like Juliet... but what if it was someone trying to kidnap me and was luring me in by imitating her voice?

At least that was where my mind was going to... Weed felt dope... Literally.

I giggled a bit.

"Skylar you're not dead are you?! I'm calling Mr. Robertson to get you out okay?! "

That alerted me. I jumped off the bed and basically ran to the door. We don't need Mr. Robertson involved in anything. Not today.

Last thing I need is him calling the French cops on me so I pushed myself off the bed so quickly and ran to open the door for her.

She looked at me head to toe as my head fell back and forward in laughter... well not exactly laughter.

I just had this corny smile on for no good reason. Probably looked like a creep at this point.

"What's so funny?" She asked and didn't wait for my reply before finding her way to my bags and digging out clothes for me to wear.

"I'm not going for the kickback, Juliet," I slumped myself on to my bed and crossed my legs.

"Yes you are," she said, now ransacking my closet. "Just watch."

"No. You don't understand," I shook my head sluggishly. "I can't go."

"What do you mean you can't go?" She pulled out a pair of my best shorts. They were white and floral and ooo it made me so happy.

I imagined myself flying through a garden like I was a fairy.

I gasped. "I have wings!" I giggled. And when I saw the expression on Jul's face. I laughed non stop. Uncontrollably.

I almost passed out.

She rushed to me and held my eyes open.

Oh no. She's unto me.

She stepped back and tilted her head and I tilted my head in the same direction too.

"Skylar Johnson, are you high?" She asked with her big brown eyes moping at me.

"No?" I looked at her like she was crazy. "I'm Skylar. Skylar Johnson."

And then I laughed. Feeling funny. Cause get it? I'm not high. But I am. But I'm also Skylar Johnson.

She shook her head and looked away.

"Okay maybe!" I sighed out of frustration. "But this is not why I can't go. Like I'm totally under control? But like. Something happened today."

"What?" She threw the pair of shorts at my face and I caught them.

I caught them. Like I could play actual baseball. Or is basketball?

Fuck it. I could play ball. I could play life!

"Skylar! Focus! You're zoning ouuuut!" She continuously snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Sorry, I forgot what I was gonna say," I pouted. "I'm never doing this again. My head is still spinning. Like I'm seeing things, Jul!"

"Who gave you weed?" She asked, taking a sit next to me on the bed in defeat.

Told her I wasn't gonna go.