33 ● Dirty Little Details

The only way I was going to help myself was by swallowing my pride and talking to Jesse.

I needed him around me now more than anybody else. Especially Kai.

The only problem was Juliet thought now would be the best time to tell me about what happened with Corey two nights before.

We didn't really do much the day after the museum. Just sight seeing. Teaching us about the history of France and all that.

All through the boring ride in the bus, I had to keep myself from looking at him to see if he was looking at me. But he never did.

Hell if I knew him concluding that I wanted him would push him further away, I would've started with that.

It hurt to see him talking to Willa like he had no other care in the world.

If what he said was true, about her walking in on us about to make out, how was she still so smiley around him.

Either way, she was avoiding me any chance she got so I got the point. It was probably true.

"And then we just lay there, cuddling. And I slept off and oh my God, Sky he was still there in the morning," she blushed, hands over her cheeks trying to stop her smile from widening.

Why couldn't I be as happy as her?

She made it look so simple.

"You two are so cute," I giggled. I was happy for her. At least one of us got what we wanted.

Not that I wanted Kai.

"Us two?" She laughed. "What about you? Do you not remember how you two were all over each other, you and Kai. That's why we had to leave, give you two your space."

I rolled my eyes. How wrong she was. Maybe what she really sensed was my desperation so strong thanks to the vodka.

Juliet jumped closer over to me with such excitement on her face. "Gimme the dirty little details."

I almost threw up a little in my mouth. "Nothing happened between us," I told her as I got up from my bed and walked as far away as I possible could from her.

"Why? He kept looking at you like he was gonna rip your clothes off you or something," she said with a sad sigh and I blushed at the thought.

And I couldn't let her see my face, so I walked into my bathroom and began brushing my teeth for no reason in particular.

Next thing, her little head popped up beside me with her eyebrows raised. "Well why?"

"Juliet I'm with Jesse!" Was the only reason I could give her at the moment. And then I turned back to the mirror to continue brushing.

"Sorry I couldn't hear you," she said. "It sounded like you said you're still with Jesse?"

I rolled my eyes and spat out, rinsing out my mouth to look at her.

Great. So now the whole school thinks I and my boyfriend had broken up.

"That's exactly what I said, Juliet," I told her, walking over to the wardrobe to pull out a neat towel to wipe my mouth with. "Plus Kai's with Willa, his typical redhead beauty. So I highly doubt, Juliet, that he'd want to rip off anything that wasn't my heart and toss it across the--"

"Jesse's cheating on you, Sky!" Juliet blurted out through tightly squeezed shut eyes.

Where the hell did that come from, right? I was even still trying to process what she had said and when I couldn't understand, I had to ask.