37 ● Kinda The Point

A/N; this chapter contains mature content and is only for readers 18 and over. But of course you little rebels would still want to feast your eyes.

Well, you've been warned!

Chapter 37

"Skylar, standing still doesn't make you invisible," he commented, and I sighed, letting my shoulders fall. My cover had been blown. He knew the truth now.

Exactly.

He knew the truth already, so why did he have to ask me still?

He walked over to my front and didn't hide the fact that he was so anxious to hear my answer. His eyes were fixed right on mine and something told me he wasn't going to look away until I answered his question.

"UCLA? That's why you've treated me like crap the past months?" It was obvious he was trying so hard to mask his anger, but he was failing terribly at it. And honestly, I knew how he felt. But did he even try to look at things from my own perspective?

"You don't understand why I felt the need to--"

"Why didn't you come talk to me about it... How did you even find out?"

I scoffed. Really? He's not even going to apologize for not telling me in the first place? I tried so hard to bite my lip back from letting the words escape. But he was standing there, judging me like I didn't have good intentions. "Your mother told me. Right after she called me a whore." It sort of slipped.

His eyes widened and his mouth stayed open like he wanted to say something, but he didn't. Shock. That's what it'll do to you.

"She told me about the divorce and how she was getting nothing out of it cause of the prenup. Just you and Eden. And you already had a scholarship with them," I shrugged as I explained further. Talking about this with him now made me think back to how hard the decision was for me to make. What I had to silently go through.

"She said you didn't want it cause of me. Cause you knew I wasn't gonna go there..." I looked at him, his shock had turned into anger, and something told me it wasn't directed at me this time, but at his mother. But I couldn't do it anymore. Die in silence. I had to speak out. "Kai, is that true?"

Immediately I asked the question, he looked taken back. Startled. I almost thought maybe it was a lie. He never said that. But his response made me understand that maybe he still had some anger left for me. "Oh now you wanna ask me if that's true?"

I shut my eyes close, thinking in some way, that wouldn't make my talking voice come out as an angry yell. "Yes I need to know, cause if it is, that means everything everyone says is true."

I opened my eyes and found him interested in what I was about to say. His mind was probably asking the question 'what does everyone say?'

"That I'm holding you back," I answered his unasked question, biting my lip to stop myself from crying. When that didn't work, I covered my mouth hoping that when I said what I was going to say, he'd still hear me. "And I don't wanna hold you back from having a good life... so we should probably just--"

"No. No. No," Kai said continuously shaking his head as he pulled me in to his warm embrace. "You're my good life. God! You're not holding me back from anything. So don't say what I think you're about to say because I won't be able to handle it this time, Sky."

I kept quiet. I let him hold me. I let him tell me what I needed to hear and hoped to God it was the truth. I let him kiss my head while I cried into his shoulder, thinking about how broken I'd be if he actually left me. I had tried so hard to be okay with that, but the truth is I couldn't handle it either.