35 ● Moanable

After Kai had informed me the emergency button still worked even after the power went out, that was all I kept pressing on until the safety people came to tell us they were going to get us out of there.

It had been 5 minutes now and we were still stuck.

I was forced to look at him when all he was doing was playing on his phone so calmly like we weren't in an uncomfortable situation.

I wonder what he'd do if I just kicked it out of his hands.

Cheater.

Hypocrite.

Pig.

It was so hard not to say anything to him. But I just really needed to know one thing. "Do you ever think about anyone but yourself?" I asked him, managing to hit his hand enough so his phone dropped.

I could see his face as the light from his phone shone on him.

He was looking at me.

"Skylar, I'd rather have the awkward silence than talk about another way I was a bad friend to you," he sighed, picking up his phone. "I get it."

I gulped.

He wasn't a bad friend. But then again, I had given him that impression I guess.

Now he was tired of me. He didn't even want to look at me for more than a second.

But I hated the silence. I wanted to get on his nerves more than anything.

He was such a fake! He was cheating on Willa with one of ex hoes and he was acting like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Bet you wish it was Dahlia stuck in here with you, huh?" I blurted out, pulling out my phone.

Two can play this game. Literally.

I opened my candy crush app and tried to ignore the burn from his glare at me.

"Actually, yes. Anyone but you."

I gulped.

Man. He must really hate me now. How wrong Corey was.

"Ditto," I nodded at him.

He went back to playing his game on his phone and I really couldn't understand how he could do that.

I was running mad just looking at him. I had lots of anger I wanted to pour out all at once but I didn't want to appear crazy or have him thinking I could be jealous that he went back to someone who he'd told me he didn't really care about like that.

But all the same I just couldn't keep that anger locked in.

So I let it out.

"I saw you and Dahlia," I blurted out, eyes on my phone so I didn't have to feel anything once his eyes were on me. "Today."

After a brief moment of silence, he spoke. "So?"

That was all he could say.

Without even meaning to, I turned my phone off and looked up at him. "'So?' You are cheating on Willa, you bloody hypocrite!"

He chuckled and let his head fall back to the elevator. "Cheating on Willa?" He asked. "What makes you think we're dating?"

My jaw fell.

Boys are such ... ugh!

But then again... I just merely assumed.

"You're... you're not--"