26 ● These Things Happen

A/n: please guys help me by voting and most especially commenting.

I love to read your comments. Thank you 💕 enjoy reading!

"Come on Lawrence we have a five year-old daughter! COULD YOU BE ANY MORE INAPPROPRIATE?!!"

It was 7am on a Saturday morning and the neighbors were going crazy... and by the neighbors, I meant the Tatars.

At this point, I didn't think it mattered to the Tatars if the whole neighborhood knew about their family business.

"Bringing a prostitute into our home?! What the hell were you thinking?" Felice announced.

It was easier to hear since they had taken the argument outside.

I looked out my window and saw them standing by Mr. Tatar's car. And there was a woman already in the passenger seat of his car.

"This stopped being a home ever since you ...!" He stopped sharply, shook his head. And muttered something before getting into his car.

Once he drove off, I watched her drop to the floor and cry out.

It was then that a glimpse of Kai caught my eye from his room window.

I saw Eden in there too, covering her ears with her little palms as she cried. And Kai there to console her.

Once he caught my eye, I realized I must've looked like such an idiotic creep, especially seeing as we weren't best friends anymore.

The brief glare he gave me right there and then was the longest he had set his eyes on me all week.

He walked up to the window and drew down the blinds, closing the curtains after.

"What is all that noise? Your dad can't get any sleep," my mom announced as she walked into my room and joined me to look out the window.

Once she spotted it was Mrs. Tatar, she gasped and quickly ran out the house.

I saw when she got to Mrs. Tatar's side to comfort her. She put her arms around her and pulled her up, managing to drag her all the way inside.

At least one of us could be there for our friend.

I just hoped she'd see Kai. But I didn't know what I was expecting. It wasn't like he was going to be like "oh tell Sky I'll stop over today for homework."

We obviously don't do that anymore.

I locked myself up in my room and decided to study for the midterms coming up, and trying to block off the guilt in my chest... especially when evening came and I saw Mrs. Tatar load her vehicle.

I quickly rushed down stairs to my mom who was watching some shows while cuddled up in my dad's arms.

That was the first time in that day I had actually stepped out of my room.

"Where's Kai's mom going to?" I asked with worry.

My mom turned her back to me. "She's going to stay with her sister in Delaware till the divorce papers are finalized."

My heart skipped two beats, I almost thought I died.

They were getting a divorce. Like they had already made the arrangements.

Kai needed me more than ever and I wasn't there for him.

I felt like breaking down. My heart was already shattered to million pieces.

"B-b-but Eden. She's only 5," I said, trying to make reason out of nothing. Nothing I could say could change anything. Whether I was saying them to my parents or to Mr. Tatar himself.