6 ● Fuck Shit Up

"You're such an idiot!" I yelled at him once I shut the door behind me.

"I punched the asshole for you. What the hell are you talking about?" He yelled back.

"I never asked you to do that. You did it for yourself!"

He looked at me with shock. He wasn't expecting that. But I was furious.

What if Jesse goes off to the coach to report Kai?

He was so stubborn and never for once thought about himself.

"You are one ungrateful little bitch."

And that was the start of everything.

"Bitch?" I laughed bitterly. 

"Y'know what? I'm out of here," he shook his head, picking up his stuff and heading out.

"No. Stay a while. Talk to the ungrateful bitch," I yelled at him sadistically, blocking his way.

"Get out of my way, Skylar." He had gritted his teeth and wandered his eyes of to the ceiling as he continually tried to blink away his anger.

"Not until you tell me why you really hit him," I stood my ground and folded my arms over my chest.

"For heavens sake, date the asshole for all I care. Just don't come looking for a shoulder to cry on when he's done using you like the cheap skate you are."

My patience ran out and my body boiled with rage. I didn't even have the time to rethink my actions. I just wanted him to shut up, so I threw my hand forward as hard as I could and it landed soundly on his face.

I knew it must have hurt because even I could feel the vibration of pain on my palm. He looked me in the eyes and I could feel his temper rising, but he looked away at my door and walked passed me, bumping his shoulder quite aggressively at me; I staggered backwards.

It's nothing major, I thought. It'll be all forgotten by tomorrow.

***

It had been exactly three days now, and yet no word from Kai. Not even a text or a phone call... not that I had called or texted either.

He had completely been avoiding me - again, not like I was trying to talk to him. He had stopped sitting with us at the cafeteria, but still talked to Corey and Juliet.

It was lunch time and he had just been walking into the café with Jul, while I and Corey were already seated. 

The second his eyes met mine, he looked away, said something to Juliet, and then walked away in a different direction, which was the jock table.

Corey caught what was going on and laughed. "Damn, what did you do?"

"Sky and Kai are literally the most childish idiots I've ever encountered," Jul said as she approached the table, taking a sit next to me.

My eyes snapped down to my food and I realized I had suddenly lost my appetite. He was literally the most childish idiot I had ever encountered.

"I'm not the one running away," I pointed out casually.

"Whatever, girl," she waved her hands in the air. "All I know is one of you should apologize, so we can go back to being a complete squad again."

"He called me an ungrateful bitch and cheap slut," I argued. "I'm not the one to apologize here."

"Okay but you slapped my bro," Corey said with his mouthful like the sloppy male he was. He managed to pull his shoulder-length hair to the side before it entered his mouth as he chewed. "He came to school looking like a freaking grilled chicken."