30 ● Close

I was basically the last person from school to get on that sick plane.

I was busy begging Mr. Robertson and the other staffs that came with us.

Of course they turned a deaf ear. Maybe I was also the last to get in cause I was a bit scared of flying.

This was my first time, and I was already having a heart attack thanks to my sitting position.

By the time I walked to my seat, Kai was already there, right next to the window.

I mentally frowned.

I wanted to sit by the window, although I wasn't not so sure that would be a good idea.

I could throw up.

I flashed a small smile at him and he gave me such a polite wave.

So polite it hurt.

I sat right next to him, trying to be as civilized as possible.

That was me whenever I got so nervous. If they gave me a seat next to someone I could be comfortable with, I'd probably by half asleep by now, not caring if the person can hear me snore as loud as I could.

But I don't snore. In fact, according to Kai, I moan when I'm sleeping.

But he was just bluffing. I never really believed him on that.

"I'm sorry," I quickly said, taking him by surprise. "About the sitting arrangement. They probably did it when we were still... um... close."

He looked at me with furrowed brows like he was confused. "I don't mind," he shrugged before returning to play games on his phone.

"You're the one who's running around asking for a seat swap," he added so casually.

Was he turning this around to me?

"Kai..." I was shocked. This awkwardness was really what I was trying to avoid. "I wasn't just doing it for me. I thought you'd be uncomfortable too-"

"Uncomfortable?" He scoffed. "So now I make you uncomfortable."

Someone. Please. Rip my eardrums out.

I gave out a weighty sigh. "You know I didn't mean it like that--"

"It's fine," he waved me off and continued texting whoever he was texting. "You don't need to explain yourself to me."

I gulped and relaxed back in my chair with the little dignity I had left.

Over his shoulder, I could see the saved name. Little Red.

From Little Red; How's it going?

To Little Red; it'll be a whole lot better if you're the one sitting next to me 🌚

My throat suddenly felt so dry and heavy. Like there was a lump.

But it was just my sad heart.

Of course it didn't take long to figure out that he was texting Willa.

How awesome. So perfect. I mean of course he'd be happier sitting next to his girlfriend. 

They were together after all.

I plugged in my EarPods and pulled out the book I got from my hand luggage. Love, Rosie. The book, by Cecelia Ahern.

I had watched the movie before I read the book, which was so unlike me.

But what the heck. I'd rather read that than have to read over the texts these two disgusting love birds were sending each other.

The air hostess had already began announcing take off and I knew I wasn't mentally prepared for that.