29 ● You Still Care

A/n: That's Kai and Willa. :)

Mid term's week went by pretty slowly.

First of all, it wasn't easy for me especially since I was trying to forget what had happened to me.

I didn't want to let the school body in on what had happened because I felt like they would try to give me some kind of special treatment and students would find out too eventually.

I couldn't have anyone showing pity on me so I had to wear makeup to school daily now.

Jesse lied that he got in a fight and well, luckily Kai's cut wasn't really visible... except he decided to strip for his girlfriend... who apparently he was keeping out of the loop on this.

We still weren't on talking terms. I mean he had said it with his mouth, he could've done what he did for any other person.

It was called saving a life. It was the human thing to do. That didn't make us best friends again.

He never even really stopped by to check if I was doing better or whatever Corey and Juliet kept doing.

I wasn't complaining, really. At least I got Juliet back. And luckily for her, she had gotten a kiss from guy she really liked.

Corey.

They were both so cute, and highly stupid, because they keep acting like nothing happened between them. But then when Juliet talks to me about him, she gets all giddy and so un-Juliet like.

Who knew she was capable of feelings... well except from me and Kai.

My parents of course became more over protective than usual. Which meant curfew by 10 and I couldn't go out alone.

No more 'walking to school', my dad dropped me on his way to work... which meant I had to go to school really early and just hang around till school actually opened.

They almost even canceled my senior trip to Paris.

Yup, my school had one of those for seniors each year.

Last year, the seniors went to Germany and the year before that, it was Italy.

I honestly didn't mind if the trip was canceled. The only reason I agreed to that in the first place was because Kai begged me to.

Literally on his knees and hugging my legs, and seeing as we weren't exactly talking, I really wasn't looking forward to going. It had been the year before, when he had already started making plans.

It wasn't until the semester began and the actual location was stated that he signed me up for it, and somehow got my dad to pay.

Now, even as I was actually depending on my dad to stop me from going, Juliet comes in and changes his mind through my mom.

"It's the last time some of us have a chance to hang out as friends," she had brainwashed my mom.

And my dad was already brainwashed by his blinding love for my mom, so he decided, whatever with me.

How sweet.

It wasn't until two days to the trip that I had started packing up some stuff, and that was only because Juliet had come over to my place, basically forcing me to get off my bed and get to work.

Halfway into stuffing my box with some comfortably warm clothes, she sighs and drops to the floor like a lifeless puppy. "So do you and Kai talk now?" She asked quite abruptly.

I should have seen this coming. Her silence towards my relationship with Kai was quite deafening. I had expected the question a bit sooner actually.