25 ● Hear Me Out

A/n: Pls don't forget to vote and comment! <3

"Why won't you listen to my side of the story?" Jesse nudged on over and over again, no matter how fast I tried to walk away from him.

Another day school. Another dreadful horrible day of school and as if that wasn't enough, Jesse was following me everywhere I went, trying to explain to me why he'd broadcasted our business to the entire Pine Crest Hill High.

Either way, I still regretted screwing him. Such a total fuck up. 

Maybe it wasn't only the fact that he'd opened his big mouth to the school. Maybe it had something to do with him hitting Kai on the head with a baseball bat when he wasn't looking. 

At least Kai had approached him alertedly. 

Now he just made everything ten times worse... Well on the bright side, Kai was definitely going to UCLA now.

"Just get away from me," I sighed, before walking into the ladies' restroom, just to be greeted with gossip.

"I mean she's not even that pretty for two guys to fight over her," one person commented.

"Right?" the other girl said. "God Kai is so hot!"

"Yea I heard he's home now. Willa skipped school to go see him."

What?

What time did he get home?

"God she's soooo desperate!"

"Still better than Sky. Such a slut."

Okay I've heard enough.

I stormed out of the bathroom and almost crashed into Jesse who just chuckled like an idiot or like anything at all was funny.

"C'mon. Just hear me out."

I just kept walking out of the school premises, ignoring the countless times he asked me where I was going or when he even offered to drop me off.

I was prepared to walk this walk.

Of course he didn't text me... I made it pretty clear I wanted him out of my life after all.

It was excitement that I walked all the way back to our neighborhood and found my way to his doorstep.

I contemplated actually pressing the doorbell. His mother's car wasn't parked in their driveway so I assumed she was out.

Kai's car however was still parked there. 

And there was a possibility that the little witch Willa was in there too. Why I called her a witch, I have no idea. I was the one who asked her to make her move.

I didn't just think she'd do it in attempt to replace me.

Lord! What the hell was I saying?

After about two minutes of beating around the bush, I finally built up the courage to press the doorbell.

I waited, counting seconds by Mississippi's in my head.

After I reached 20 Mississippi's and my mouth began to hurt, I had concluded that he didn't want to see me.

Which was... predicted.

I turned around and began walking home with a heavy heart when I heard the door finally open wide, revealing a wet-looking Kai. His hair was wet as well so I assumed that he had just come out of the shower... especially since the towel just hung loosely around his waist.

I did my best to look at his eyes, but then they were so emotionless towards me and it made me feel guilty, so I just looked beyond him.

However, I had never ever in my life been so excited to see him, and it felt so awful that I couldn't hug him. Hell, it took everything in me not to jump on him and scream 'I'm glad you're okay' at the top of my lungs.