5 ● I'm All You Need

"Who's he to you? You seem hurt that he was--"

"Nothing," I quickly said, shutting her up as we walked away.

He didn't bother coming after me. I mean what was he even going to say?

Kai was right... as always.

"Are you cheating on that guy I saw you with earlier?"

"Who Kai?"

She nodded and I rolled my eyes. "We aren't dating. He's my best friend."

A small smile appeared on her face as she made her mouth and 'o' shape. "Is he single?"

Of course. I should've been expecting that. "He doesn't date."

"Okay but I never said I was looking for a relationship... if you know what I mean," she said winking at me and erupting into a hearty laughter.

I made a gagging sound and she punched my shoulder lightly. "C'mon. You can't deny it. He's major hot. You've never shagged him?"

"Oh God no. I can't even look at him that way," I laughed at where her head was heading at.

It wasn't the first time I was hearing this kind of assumption but it just felt like it was never ending.

No one believed that we could just stay best friends.

"You're in denial, sister," she said patting my shoulder in sympathy. "Anyway, see you around. I'll just go to my class now."

And she skipped away.

***

The ride back home was mostly quiet no matter how much Kai teased me.

He asked me what was wrong but I didn't bother answering. I didn't even know how to.

I'm angry that this guy who hasn't even said he likes me was 'cheating' on me.

Yeah. It didn't sound too normal.

Kai wanted to follow me inside, but I told him not to bother. He told me he'd text me as he drove away and all I did was nod.

I walked into the house and the aroma of my mother's chicken pasta salad greeted me.

"Honey how was school today?" She asked all the way from the kitchen the second the sound of the door closing echoed all around the house.

"Good."

I began walking up the stair hoping she wouldn't do what she usually does when she was cooking.

But like today, my luck was failing me.

"Wanna come help me finish up?" She asked and I grunted.

"Nah. I'm good. I'll just go take a long nap. Thanks."

And I quickly ran off to my room, closing the door behind me and throwing myself unto the bed.

My mother was a housewife. According to her and my dad, she didn't need the work. My dad was rich enough for the both of them.

She mostly spent her time at home trying new recipes or traveling around the country... most of the time with my dad.

In fact recently, my father had taken a week off to fly her off to wherever.

They were cute, really. If I could find someone who could love me  as unconditionally as they loved each other.

I knew I was still just young. I mean an eighteen year old girl looking for undying love? I better just settle for make out sessions like my best friend does.