17 ● I Don't Believe You

~~~ Recap ~~~

"You filthy bitch!" She barked at me. How ironic. "Don't play innocent with me. I know you're the reason Jesse doesn't wanna be with me anymore."

I gulped.

"I didn't tell him to--"

"As if winning Kai over wasn't enough for you, now you wanna come for my Jesse?!" She kept coming forward as I moved backwards away from her.

"Your Jesse?" I questioned without expecting a reply. "You guys weren't even dating. He was just one of the many guys you loved to fuck."

I obviously took her by shock. She lunged forward at me, but not exactly to give me a blow or grab on my hair.

Instead, she managed to maneuver me and she pulled on the ropes of my bikini top, setting it loose and off my chest, onto the ground.

I bent down to pick it while trying to mutter some profanity at her at the same time, but before my hands could even touch the stupid swimwear, the bitch had already pushed me.

I landed in the pool with a big splash in nothing but a plain white t-shirt and a bikini bottom.

And let's just say the water was cold.

Really really cold.

"Hm," Bethany huffed. "Maybe I should change your nickname to pointy."

~~ 17~~

Folding my arms and with my head bent down in shame, I stepped out of the pool, blocking out the laughter that erupted from everyone's mouths.

On the bright side, Bethany had walked away after calling me 'pointy' so that meant she couldn't embarrass me any further... even though she had to take my bikini top with her.

I scurried off away from the backyard into the house and ignored the calls I got from Jesse as I made my way to the front door.

Once I got outside, I had to stop to call a cab.

I had never been humiliated like this before. I mean of course the yearly events when Kai would fuck me up on the first days of school was an exception.

This... this was public, and there was actually a story behind it.

Jesse.

"Skylar!" Speak of the devil.

I spun around to face him, managing to sweep my wet hair away from my face and most importantly my mouth.

"Whoa..." was his comment when he saw my front. I had let my hands down to my sides unconsciously and Jesse's eyes enjoyed every single second.

I quickly folded my arms over my chest again and I was more than furious at him... Looking at me like I was some kind of sexual object.

My immediate action to cover up brought his senses back. "Um... I was um... What happened?"

"Why don't you go ask your ex booty call?" I asked.

I was more than furious but somehow I managed to come off as calm, although I sort of sounded like a creepy serial killer.

"Who Bethany?" He asked with look that almost made me feel like I was completely absurd, and then his eyes dropped to the exposed part of my neck and I became mute.