Seventeen

Brody's Point Of View:

I, Yn and Luke had decided to go run to the supermarket to get some more food and drinks, Brad wanted to come but I said no I think it was because he wanted to come. After all, Yn was coming. Brad had to realise he couldn't get his own way all the time and he can't be around YN all the time either sooner or later she'll end up with one of the boys.

I knew she would, it was so obvious I interrupted something this morning between her and Calum I just don't get why she just didn't tell the truth but she's a girl, girls can be confusing to us boys. If I had to pick one of the boys she'll end up dating my money is on Calum because it's obvious they like each other but I think Brad likes her too.

"In and out alright. Just get as much as you can carry" I say pushing the door open to the supermarket. "What happened to stay close to each other?" Yn asked me, "right that too, don't go out of each other's sight" I then added, yn and Luke both nodded their heads before walking in as I held the door open for them. I walked in myself the door closing behind us, we all switched on our flashlights and began filling up the bags with food and drinks.

There being eight of us now meant we needed a lot more food and drinks than before, I was filling my bag, I could see the other two down the same aisle filling theirs. I maintained my focus on filling my bag with different foods to cater to all our individual likes. I didn't look where the other two were but I soon turned my head after hearing yn shout. Luke and yn were both gone out of the aisle, I dropped my bag and began running while holding my flashlight looking for them.

I eventually found them but they weren't alone. I stopped running as I walked up to them, they were both staring at someone else. "Who the hell are you? " I asked, standing next to Luke. The person took down his hood and looked at me, it was a boy. "I could ask you the same question, who are you?" The boy asked me while adjusting his bag on his shoulder which I saw.

"Don't answer that, we don't know who he is" Luke said to me, " I'm Brody and you are?" I said to him, Luke shook his head. "Why should I tell you my name you could be working for the unknown source," he said back, he looked at Luke then yn before looking back at me. " and you could be too." Luke then said, looking at him suspiciously.

The boy laughed, " you've got a point blondie but trust me, I'm not." "One doesn't call me blondie and two, I don't trust people I've just met," Luke said coldly. "Well, then that's good to know, you don't know who you can trust these days," he said before looking back at me.

"I'm Tristan" he then added. I nodded my head, "nice to meet you, this is Luke and Yn" I said introducing the other two to him, he smiled politely. "You don't happen to know anywhere to stay do you, the unknown source ran me out of my house and I've basically been living rough," Tristan said to us.

"You don't look like you've been living rough," Luke said eyeing Tristan's clothes. Tristan's jaw clenched, "you don't know me or what I've been through to survive this town" he spat. "Yeah well, we've been through a lot too," Yn said picking up her and Luke's bag off the floor and handing it to him which he took.

"So do you?" Tristan asked, looking at me. "We don't sorry," Yn said looking at me, shaking her head probably knowing what I was thinking, what harm would it do by inviting another person to stay with us?

"Oh that's a shame, I'll just go back to living rough on my own." He said sadly, turning away and slowly walking away.

I looked at Luke and Yn. "Guys we can't let him stay on his own, not with the unknown source out there. He could get killed" I said to them. "We don't know him, Brody," Luke said to me. "We don't know you or your friends but we've joined up, so why can't we have Tristan too" I pointed out looking at YN.