Chapter32/Love that didn't exist

*Ashton's POV*

I open my burning eyes and a tear rushes down my cheeks.

The elevator door opens and she makes her way out with her head held low.

I am in complete shock.

I instantly drop to my knees. My mind no longer in control of what's happening, it feels like a bullet just passed straight through my heart or maybe I've been stabbed way too many times. It was the kind of pain which was ineffable.

What she just said was a reminder that she didn't want anything ever to do with me.

"I wish I had never met her. If I didn't I would just be me, the not caring types, who wouldn't cry for someone, not always hoping they're okay, not wanting to look at her smile and believe that's the best thing in the world"

I whisper hoping she would listen to me and that she heard what I just said but I know she never will.

So this is it? Is this how it feels to get your heart broken?

I'd be lying if I said this was the first time, but experiencing the same thing again caused due to the same person only worsens it every time.

I hear footsteps approaching me and beg the elevator closes soon.
"Oh hey" Logan says in a surprised tone coming inside the elevator, just before the doors close.

Damn fucking slow elevator.

I don't bother replying to him and instantly get up. I hate acting like a pussy and I'm sure Logan is thinking the same since he's staring at me with a shocked expression.

"I don't think I should ask but why exactly were you on your knees?" He asks being nosey as ever. This is his habit, he'll pretend he doesn't care and would ask you questions always adding 'I don't think I should ask' and the next thing you know he won't stop scooping out information. But he's the peacemaker of our group, so I appreciate him for that.

The elevator opens, indicating I reached my floor and I make my way towards my room but he trails behind me.

Can he not for once mind his own business?

"You know your ignoring wouldn't stop me from asking" he says, stating the obvious.

I know that now tell me how can I get rid of you? I want to say, but I decide against it.

"I got in a fight with Tess" I say walking inside my room.

"Woah what? Why?" He asks as I walk over to the mini bar and open a beer bottle.

"Let's just say she hates me" I say not wanting to go into details and offer him a cup of beer and much to my surprise he takes it. He doesn't drink that much and I don't know why.

"I hope you're okay" he says in a low voice. I know he knows our history, though I don't really mind.

"To be honest she still has feelings for you" he says shattering the silence and I grunt whilst sitting on my bed. I feel a packet underneath me and instantly pull it out.

Damn it's a condom. Logan starts to chuckle and I quell him by shooting an icy glare at him. I am in no mood to laugh or even hear people laughing and
doesn't he have to go down?