3.0 There has never been an us

Madison sighed as Lydia kept on trying to send notes back and forth with her, apologizing

Madison sighed as Lydia kept on trying to send notes back and forth with her, apologizing. She knew Lydia didn't actually mean it. She just wanted her fuck buddy back. Madison watched a teacher walked into the classroom, whispered something in Ms. Blake's ear, and walked out. "Mr. McCall." Ms. Blake called Scott up to the front of the class.

Madison watched Scott leave the classroom. "Lucky." She mumbled under her breath.

Madison went back to studying, but was interrupted by Stiles, who was sitting behind Madison, trying to subtly whisper to Lydia, but desperately failing. "Hey, Lydia." Lydia looked over at him. "What is that?" He pointed to a bandage around her ankle. "Is that from the accident?"

"No." The strawberry blonde sighed. "Prada bit me."

"Your dog?" Stiles asked.

"It was obviously her designer handbag." Madison snapped at Stiles.

"Yes." Lydia smirked. "My dog."

"Has it ever bitten you before?" Stiles asked and Lydia shook her head. "Okay, what if it's, like, the same thing as the deer?" Lydia looked up. You know, like how animals start acting weird right before an earthquake or something?"

"And what does that mean?" Madison asked him. "Is there going to be an earthquake?"

"Or something." Stiles sighed. "Maybe it means somethings coming. Something bad."

"It was a deer and a dog." Lydia stated. "What's that thing you say about threes? Once, twice-"

Lydia was cut off by a bird smashing into the window. Bird squawking was heard as Ms. Blake walked over to the window. Thousands of birds were flying towards the classroom. Birds started frantically hitting it, breaking the glass and flying in. "Get down, everyone!" Ms. Blake screamed.

Madison quickly tried to move to get under her desk, and felt arms wrap around her. She looked up and saw Lydia trying to protect her from the birds. The two moved under the desk.

When all the birds had faltered out, Lydia, stood up, and helped Madison up. "Are you alright?" Lydia asked Madi, who nodded. "Then, can we please talk about us?"

"You told me yourself." Madison sighed. "There is no us. And there never has been."

"Madi, you know I-"

"I know what you meant." Madison sighed. "And it's exactly what you said." She walked over to Stiles.

"I'm sorry, kiddo." He plucked a feather out of Madison's hair. "I wish that everything could work out for you two. You belong together."