Chapter 2; Explosions and days off

"Wake up! Everyone! Hurry up, and get outside!" Laura yells.
"What's going on?" Kenzie asks looking at Melody, who's bed is closest to her's.
Melody shrugs and rubs the sleep from her eyes, getting up with Ella and Zoey.
"We're all going to die!" Jace says sarcastically as they meet up in the hall. Felix joins in, saying something about the end of the world.
"Come on guys, stop fooling around." Zoey says a little annoyed as she opens the door leading to outside.

"What. Happened." Felix says in utter shock as he sees the big holes in the ground around the fenced area.
"That's why I called you here." Laura says stepping in front of the group.
"I created these explosions, this is a simulation. I want you all to experience what the after shock of a future attack can be like. You must work together, and try your best to rebuild our training spot. You have one week. Good luck." And with that she walks off leaving tired, shocked, and grumpy teenagers standing and looking at the mess that used to be their spy training camp.
"Well isn't this just great!" Melody says walking forward to one of the holes.
"It's not that bad." Jace says looking around.
"Not that bad? Look at this place!" Ella argues.
"Guys! She said we need to fix this place, and work together. We can't just sit around." Zoey says, stepping in as the leader.
"What do you suppose we do. Zjoey?" Asks Jacob, using her nickname that annoys her very much.
"I told you many times not to call me that!" Zoey says enraged.
"Okay, sorry Zjoezjoe." Jacob says laughing.
"Jacob, you trying to be funny as as much of a disaster as these huge craters." Jace says while he pats his friend on the shoulder.
"I say we should go in groups," Kenzie offers.
"Each group has a different task, that way we work together, and get things done quicker."
They all like the idea and choose groups. Ella and Zoey, Kenzie and Melody, and Felix, Jacob, and Jace.
"We'll go and start cleaning the messes around the explosion spots." Ella says, and Zoey nods in agreement.
"Okay, we'll try our best to rebuild the broken buildings." Melody tells everyone.
"And that means we will.. Fill in the spots of the explosions?" Felix says/ asks Jace and Jacob.
"Sounds good." Jace agrees and starts to the closest hole in the ground.

---ONE WEEK LATER---
"Well done." Laura says as she surveys the terrain, which is all fixed to their best ability.
"Good job on the buildings!" Laura adds, making Kenzie and Melody smile at each other.
"We did our best!" Melody says in a sing- song voice.
"I think this earns you three days off from classes! You guys did a wonderful job. And just so you know, I was watching you all through the cameras I have around campus, and next time, please try and keep conversation on task?" Laura says looking at Felix's group.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Jacob says looking at the ground.
"Uh, huh." Laura says crossing her arms.
"Well then, I will be off. Enjoy your three days." Laura says while walking back to her small cottage next to the dorms.
"I don't know what you're talking about?" Felix mimics while laughing.
"Yeah! What happened to 'I really like Melody's outfit, it looks great on her?'" Jace says laughing along.
"And 'What do you think she uses to get her hair that color?'" Zoey says, joining in.
"How did you even hear that? You weren't in our group!" Jacob asks Zoey.
"Oh come on, Jacob, we were right next to you when you said it!" Ella says. Melody looks at Kenzie awkwardly, and Kenzie gives her the "I'm sorry" look.
"What do you girls think about going to go to the parkour area." Kenzie asks Zoey and Ella.
"I would but I need some more practice with my sword." Zoey shrugs while looking past Ella at the little fighting arena. Ella decides to go and follows Mackenzie and Melody to the parkour.
"Thanks." Melody murmurs gratefully as they walk away.
"No problem." Kenzie says back.

Melody lets out a quick scream as she falls off of the twenty-foot-high platform and onto the air mattress at the bottom of the arena. She laughs and gets up.
"That was great!" She yells up to Kenzie who was a good thirty feet above her. Mackenzie is a great gymnast, which makes parkour almost too easy for her.
Kenzie laughs and jumps easily over to another platform, this one much skinnier that the rest.
Ella stumbles and falls a few feet from Melody onto the air mattress.
"Hey El, how's it going?" Melody asks stifling a laugh at her high-pitch scream.
"Bad! I can hardly make it to the first checkpoint!" Ella says frustrated. Ella is great at axe- battle, but isn't that great at parkour.
"Well, good luck." Melody says as she walks over to the elevator to the checkpoint.
Kenzie makes it to the fourth checkpoint, and gets to the thin glass beams sticking out of the far wall. She runs and does a round off, back handspring onto the platform that the glass was separating. She grins in satisfaction at her flawless landing and continues up the parkour course.

Meanwhile

"And I win again!" Zoey yells as she stands over Felix in the sword fighting arena. Jacob gave both of them potions, so that they can still feel pain, but can't get serious or fatal wounds.
"Ugh, why don't we see who can hack the teacher's computer faster?" Felix says, annoyed at Zoey's gloating.
"No thanks!" Zoey says, still happy with her defeat, which is not much of a challenge to her.
"One of you want to fight me next?" Zoey asks Jace and Jacob, who are sitting and watching the fight.
"No thanks." Jacob declines her offer.
"Maybe if you win, Melody might like you!" Zoey says, raising an eyebrow.
"Are you sure? I don't know if melody is really into that." Jacob says controdictingly.
"Do you even know what she's into?" Jace asks Jacob.
"Honestly, no not really. I don't actually know her that well.." Jacob says.
"I can help you there." Felix says getting up.
"How?" Jacob asks getting curious.
"Well Laura has files of all the spies coming here right? Well if I can hack into her computer, get Melody's file up, we can see everything you need to know about her." Felix says getting excited, he has been wanting to get some hacking practice for a while now.
"Do you know how much trouble you would get into if you hacked the teacher's computer?" Zoey asks in utter shock.
"Not unless she found out." Felix says, already walking over to the teacher's cabin, which she left for some errands.
"Zoey keep lookout." Felix says as he walks into her cabin. He turns on her computer, which as expected, is blocked with a firewall. He easily gets through it and gets Melody's file.
"Here you go, everything you need to know about Melody Jane Proven." Felix says moving away from the computer.
"She's 16, her birthday, relatives, huh.." Jacob scrolls through the file finding out medical records, and other information, but nothing that can help him know more about her.
"Here! Look! It says right here, she played in her school's girls varsity basketball team!" Jacob says enthusiastically.
He knows a lot about basketball, he also played on his school's basketball team.
"Sorry to interrupt, but the teacher is coming!" Zoey says, terrified at the door, as the teacher came walking to her cabin, a folder full of papers in hand.
"Run!" Jace suggests.
"We can't run, she'll see us!" Felix says, shutting the idea down.
"Are you guys stupid? Hide!" Zoey whisper- screams at the boys. They all hide as the teacher walks in and closes the door.
"What is this doing up here?" Laura says as she sits in her computer chair and sees Melody's file. Felix and Jacob exchange horrified glances.
"Must of opened it by mistake.." She says as she closes the file and checks her email.

After thirty long minutes there is a knock on the door.
"Hi Mackenzie, Melody, Ella. How can I help you?" She asks with a smile.
The look on their faces makes the smile drop.
"What's wrong?" She asks surveying them.
"We were at the parkour, Ella fell, we think she broke her wrist.." Kenzie and Melody tell the story together, trying to explain it as best they can.
"Come on Ella, follow me." Laura ushers Ella to the first aid room on campus.
Felix's baseball cap falls off of his head and Kenzie notices it thump on the wood floor.
"Felix? Is that you?" She asks walking foreword.
"Umm, yeah." Felix says getting out from behind the closet door followed by Jacob, then Jace and Zoey come out of their hiding places too.
"What are you guys doing in here?" Melody asks confused.
"We were just.." Zoey starts off.
"I was practicing by hacking the teacher's computer." Felix says.
"Oh, okay.." Kenzie says, not fully convinced that they're getting the full truth.
"It's almost night. I think I'm going to head off to sleep." Melody says while yawning.
"Yeah me too." Felix agrees.
"I think we all could use some sleep." Kenzie says, starting to head out.
The curfew bell rings, meaning it's time to go to sleep, and they all head to the dorms.
------------------------------------------------
Stay tuned for more! We will update soon!! 💖