Chapter 30; Birthday Party!

"Melody! Get in already!" Mitch yells at Melody annoyed as she watches everyone in the pool.
"No! I'm going to get my hair messed up! And my makeup!" Melody complained back.
"Oh my god! Am I going to have to push you in?" Mitch yelled again, getting everyone's attention.
Melody didn't say anything.
"Am I?" Mitch asked again, getting even more mad.
"No." Melody said quietly as she reluctantly got into the pool.
"Okay! Now that everyone is ready, we're going to start by asking who knows how to swim." Casey asked.
Everyone except Ella raised their hands.
Ella's face turned red.
"I.. I never.." Ella started.
"It's nothing to be embarrassed about." Casey said, seeing her embarrassed look.
"Okay.." Ella said uncertainly.
"As for everyone else, swim over to that side of the pool, where Carly will assess your level." Casey said, pointing to the other side of the pool.
"Oh, of course Carly! His pretty little girlfriend." Zoey said as she rolled her eyes.
"Come on Zoe, give her a break. Maybe they'll break up." Jace said, trying to pull a pun.
"Very punny." Zoey said, clearly not amused.
"Hey Melody!" Felix called behind her.
She turned around and he splashed water all over her face.
"MY MAKEUP!" Melody screamed, trying not to smudge it.
"IM GOING TO KILL YOU!" Melody said as she started towards him.
"No she's not!" Mackenzie said, grabbing Melody's arm.
"No one's killing anyone!" Mackenzie says as she pulls Melody back over to the other wall.
Felix splashes Jace, and they get in a huge splash war.
"STOP!" Mitch yells over to them.
They look up, drenched.
"He started it." Jace said, putting his hands in the air.
"Well I'm finishing it!" Mitch yelled over at them.
They went over to the wall, occasionally splashing each other.
"So, you're going to swim over to that wall." Carly says, pointing over to the three and a half feet deep wall.
"And then, back." Carly says.
"Remember, you can't stop at any point, or appear majorly out of breath. If so you will have to stay back with Casey, and learn how to keep your swim strong.
Zoey grinned, getting an idea.
"Guys!" She whispered over to Mackenzie and Melody.
"Yeah?" Mackenzie asked.
"I'm going to fail the swimming test!" Zoey said with excitement.
"What? Why?" Melody asked, completely shocked.
"Yeah, you're the best swimmer here!" Mackenzie added. Both of them were completely bewildered.
"Yeah, but then Casey would have to teach me how to swim." Zoey said, grinning more.
"And? ... Oh!" Mackenzie said, getting what she's going at.
"Are you sure? That means you're going to have to somehow fake being a bad swimmer... No offense but, you are a horrible actress." Melody said.
"Okay, some offense taken!" Zoey said, giving Melody a funny look.
Melody just shrugged.
"It's worth a try!" Mackenzie said, encouraging her.
"And, Ella won't have to be all by herself!" Mackenzie added.
"Next!" Carly called over to them.
"Here I go!" Zoey said as she kicked off. She started flailing her arms and kicking like crazy.
She stopped, not even reaching the middle, faking heavy breathing.
"Are you okay?" Carly asked as she walked around the deck, closer to Zoey.
Zoey nodded.
"I.. I can finish!" Zoey said in between breaths.
"No! No no, you don't need to do that, just...
Casey! Got another one!" Carly yells over to Casey, who gives her a thumbs up.
"You can make your way over there." Carly says.
"Next!" She calls over to Mackenzie and Melody.
"What the heck is she doing?" Joey says under his breath, knowing very well that Zoey is a great swimmer.
"Who? Zoey? She can't swim! What's the matter with you? Just because you can swim, doesn't mean everyone can." Jace said, in an annoyed tone, trying to sound upset, but really just wanted to get mad at Joey for something.
"Umm, yeah she can!" Joey said, facing Jace.
Jace imitated her flailing arms and splashes.
"That's not swimming." Jace said in a matter- of- fact tone.
Felix started laughing at Jace's imitation, because he was so obviously exaggerating it.
Jace laughs too.
Joey rolls his eyes and continues.
"She was faking it. I'm her brother, I've seen her swim before." Joey said.
"And she's really good. So I don't see why she can't swim now." Joey said to both of them.
"Who's really good?" Mackenzie asked as she swam over.
"Zoey. This guys saying that she was faking being a bad swimmer." Jace says, motioning to Joey.
"Ohh.." Mackenzie says, not wanting to tell them she knows.
Joey looks at her suspiciously but turns away to look over at Zoey, who now was talking with Ella.
"Hey Jace." Felix says, trying not to laugh.
"What?" Jace asks turning around.
Felix throws water into Jace's face.
Melody starts laughing.
"Oh my god, Felix." Jace says as he wiped the chlorinated water out of his eyes.
"You okay?" Felix asks, starting to feel bad.
"Yeah, I'm GREAT!" Jace says as he splashed Felix.
"HEY!" Melody yelled at him, as it got on her and Mackenzie.
"You just got my hair.. Soaking. Wet." She said each word slowly.
Purple drops started dripping into the pool, turning green when they hit the water.
"Umm... Gross." Felix said as he pointed to the ring of green starting to surround them.
"Uh oh.." Carly said as she saw it.
"Melody, what kind of hair dye do you use?" She asked Melody.
"Color shock, perfect purple, electric!: Pink, natural beauty.." She goes off naming all of the brands of color she uses.
"I think the combination of all of them had a chemical reaction with the chlorine in the water..." Carly said, looking at the green more carefully.
"Either that or she peed!" Felix said, laughing.
Melody glared at him.
"Don't punch me." He said in a tight voice.
"You are so lucky you're cute." Melody said as she pulled strings of her hair away from the pool.
"EVERYONE OUT!" Carly yelled.
"What's wrong?" Mitch asked annoyed as he walked over.
"Something in Melody's hair dye turned the water green." Carly said.
"Great, now we have to drain this giant thing." Mitch said as he rolled his eyes.