Chapter 27; Maze game over

"YOU'RE MAZE GAME IS OVER, SPIES."
The person in black said in front of them.
"Who are you?" Zoey asked as she stepped forward.
"You're final challenger. You might have beat your fears, but I am worse than all of them combined. To make it out of the maze, you will first have to defeat me. And that will not be easy." The figure said from behind his mask.
All of the sudden items from everyone's talents began appearing in front of them. A bow for Mackenzie, daggers for Jace, a sword for Zoey, an axe for Ella, and potions for Joey (which were supposed to be for Jacob when the maze was first being created).
"What the heck are these things? What do they think I am? A witch?" Joey asked as he held up the potions staring at them in confusion, and disgust.
"Hey! Why don't I get anything?" Melody asked as she looked at everyone else's weapons.
"You use your fists in combat." Ella said, reminding her.
"Yeah, and we have bruises to prove it." Jace said rubbing his arm where she punched him before.
"And what about me?" Felix asked.
"What?" Zoey asked.
"I don't have anything! I can't just hack him can I?" Felix asked as he started getting upset.
"Just, stay here and see if you can find anything to do." Zoey responded as she took the first step toward the black figure.
"Aww, a girl? That's who they send first? Okay sweetie, I'll go easy on you." The stranger said as he pulled out a sword himself.
"Zoey, remember, this isn't training, and you don't have any armor.." Mackenzie said from behind her.
"Yeah, I know." Zoey said as she held up her sword.
The stranger swung first, and Zoey deflected it with her own sword, taking a step back from the impact.
Zoey swung next, but as expected her swing was deflected.
The stranger let out a series of swings, each one stronger than the next.
They then ended up in a swing, both pushing against the others' sword.
The stranger pushed her sword back and Zoey fell over.
Just then Jace threw a dagger over at him, it caught in his belt.
The stranger put his sword away and stepped over Zoey, walking towards Jace.
He pulled the dagger out of his belt and handed it back to him.
"Good aim you got there." He said, with little humor in his voice.
"Yeah, thanks for the retry." Jace said as he took the dagger and threw it again, this time, the stranger caught it. He threw it to the ground.
Mackenzie shot an arrow, which lodged in his shoulder, not looking as if it did any damage.
Joey throws a random potion over at the stranger.
"What is this? Are you like a witch or something?" The stranger asked with a laugh.
"No. Are you?" Joey asked him.
They continued to attempt to fight him, having little damage occur.
Meanwhile, Felix stands back, not knowing how to use his hacking talent.
He walks over to the where the trap door, it's locked.
"Of course it is." He says.
He walks back over to where the smashed doll is lying on the ground. He sees a little spark in it.
"Wait a minute.." He leans over and picks a piece of porcelain off of the smashed head. It's full of wires.
"It's.. Animatronic." Felix says, getting a thread of an idea.
He gets up and moves some vines off of the wall the spiders came out of. There is a little circular dent in the wall, that looks like it slides open.
"Kind of saw that one coming.." He said, then looked up the wall. There, right near the top, was a little black orb. Barely visible in the dark of the night, but you can tell its there. A security camera.
He looks around and sees three more, all at different angles, all on them.
"It's rigged." He begins.
"IT'S RIGGED!" Felix yells over to the others.
"WHAT?" Jace calls back, not hearing him.
"THE MAZE, IT'S ALL FAKE! ALL OF IT! THERE ARE CAMERAS ALL OVER IT! AND THE DOLL, HAS WIRES IN IT! AND THE WALL WITH THE SPIDERS! IT HAS A HOLE THEY CRAWL THROUGH!" Felix yells over to them, trying to explain it.
"HOW WILL THAT HELP US?" Mackenzie asks as she shoots her arrow at the stranger.
"ITS FAKE! ITS JUST A TEST!" He yells back, waiting for them to stop and listen, but he then remembers, they're in the middle of a fight.
"Guys look!" Ella starts.
"He has a key on his belt!" Ella says after she notices the old key.
"What about it?" Joey asks, reading the labels on the potions, not understanding half of the words it says.
"THERES A LOCK ON THE TRAP DOOR!" Felix yells to them after he overheard.
"THAT MUST BE THE KEY!" Jace yells over to Felix.
"Don't you guys get it? We can't beat him! We just need to get the key!" Mackenzie says, lowering her bow.
"How?" Melody says after she punches the stranger.
"Mackenzie! You're quick, try and grab him from behind, then.. Melody! Punch him to get him dizzy, then Joey, find some potion to slow him down, while Ella, Jace, and I hold him with our weapons, then Felix can grab the key! Boom!" Zoey said, marveled at her plan.
"Maybe you're forgetting something." Jace says.
"What?" Zoey asks, confused.
"The little turd heard your entire plan bonehead!" Joey says as soon as he pulls out a potion that reads "agility dimmer".
"Forget it! Just go along with it! Mackenzie go!" Zoey says.
Mackenzie drops her bow and sprints over to the side.
She dives over so she's behind him, and grabs both of his arms before he has time to move.
"Melody! Quick!" Mackenzie says as she struggles to hold him still.
Melody punches him as hard as she could right in the side of the head twice.
"Move!" Joey orders them as he throws the potion which splashes onto the stranger.
It immediately turns into a vapor that he inhales.
Zoey pushes him over onto the ground, and holds her sword over him.
Ella does the same with her axe, and Jace his daggers.
"Felix! The key!" Jace yells over to Felix, who clumsily removes the key from the stranger's belt.
"EVERYONE HURRY!" Zoey yells as they all sprint toward the door.
Felix shoves the key into the lock and turns it, it opens with a squeak of metal on metal.
"GO!" He says, holding the door open for all of them.
He looks over at the stranger who got up and is now running after them.
"HURRY!" He yells as Ella jumps into the narrow doorway, Felix follows, and they all fall down in a free fall.