Chapter 5; Waiting

Everyone had to go into the basement in the dorm which is only used for emergencies, and this was an emergency. A half an hour later there were more bomb threats. The basement wasn't too comfortable, it had a concrete floor which was dirty, (since no one has ever cleaned down there) and it wasn't too big.
"Do you know who bombed us?" Ella asked Laura, who was on her phone checking emails and checking for emergency calls. Everyone else had to turn their phones off because she needed to get service, since there's bad reception down there.
"There's something I haven't told you guys.." Laura said ignoring Ella's question.
"What is it?" Zoey asked worried.
"There's these people called "The Other Side" , they're an evil group that basically hates us, they want to rule the world and believe that everyone should be in their control. We have been fighting them for many years, though they haven't had much action through the past few years. This is the first in a long time, many of us finally believed they gave up, but I guess we thought wrong. I've heard they have gotten a new leader. The main leader is Sir Malum, the assistant leader died so it was just him for a while, but he got a new one, not sure who it is yet." Laura explained to the future spies.
"Wow." Jace replied.
"How come you haven't told us this before?" Zoey asked a little annoyed about not knowing
"Like I said before I thought they gave up, I didn't feel like I had to" Laura said while picking at some invisible lint on her jeans.
"So now we just wait?" Asked Jacob.
"Yup" Laura replied sighing and grabbing her phone.
"Uh... Question?"
"Yes Felix?" Laura asked not bothering to look up from her phone.
"Um what if you know.. Let's say.. Someone may or may not need to use the bathroom?" Felix asked with a forced smile.
"Can't you just hold it?" Laura asked a little annoyed.
"Um.. No" Felix said biting his lip.
Melody, Mackenzie, Jace, Jacob, Zoey and Ella all started to snicker.
"You're going to have to go in a cup then" Laura said holding out an old can that was probably there since the last emergency which could've been years ago.
"In a cup?? What am I at the doctors??? I'm not peeing in a cup!" Felix said standing up.
"Well then you can hold it"
"Can I just go upstairs real quick and just pee out the window or something?"
"Nope too dangerous, either the cup or you're holding it"
"Fine! Just.. No one look!" Felix said while marching over to Laura and snatching the can from her hand. Everyone but Laura starts to laugh.
"Everyone face the wall and plug your ears!" Felix said as he walked to the other side of the basement and starts to unzip his pants.
After Felix finished he put the can in the corner of the room so no one would touch it or knock it over and used some hand sanitizer.
"Pfft I still can't believe you had to pee in a cup!" Melody said while laughing.
"A can to be exact" Felix said correcting Melody.
"Same thing!" She said while trying not to laugh.
"I really had to go okay?" Felix said crossing his arms as his face starts to turn a little red.
"I know, I'm sorry" Melody replied trying to hide a giggle.
"It's fine" Felix said his arms still crossed and facing the other direction.

-2 hours later-

"Alright everyone, looks like we're all clear, you guys can go back up" Laura said as she starts to stand up.
"Finally!" Zoey said stretching.
Everyone goes up the stairs and walks outside to the fresh air.
"Finally air" Jace said as he breathed in a deep breath.
"Yeah it was so crammed in there" Mackenzie said as she stretches her neck.
"Well you guys do what you want, I have some paperwork to do, and research" Laura says as she walks off towards her little cottage.
"Wanna get that ice cream now?" Melody asked .
"Yeah, sounds good" Ella answered.
"Ooo ice cream?? Can I come??" Felix asks joining in on the conversation.
"Sure, as long as you go to the bathroom before you come!" Ella said and bursted into laughter.
"Haha very funny" Felix said putting his hands on his hips.
"Felix can I speak to you for a minute?" Jacob asks joining in
"Uh sure, be right back, don't leave without me I want ice-cream too" Felix said as Jacob pulls his arm, making him walk away from them.
"What do you think that was about?" Kenzie asked.
"I don't know" Ella answered.

"What is it?" Felix asked now that they are behind the girls and boys bathroom.
"I see the way you look at Melody" Jacob said his face stern.
"W-what are you talking about?" Felix asked shocked.
"I know you like her! She's mine! I liked her first!! Felix it's not fair she's finally getting to like me!!!" Jacob said enraged.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down!" Felix said holding his hands out.
"I will not 'calm down'!!!! You know how much I like her!!"
"You're right! I do know how much you like her! That's why I'm helping you!"
"Yeah! Helping me by talking to each other late at night and letting her wear your hat!" Jacob said angrily.
"I- you saw that?" Felix asked.
"Of course I did! And how she looked at you in the cafeteria, and how you ran up to her to say something!"
"Wait no! It's all a misunderstanding!" Felix said trying to explain.
"Sure it is! And I'm stupid!"
"Well.." Felix started.
"Don't answer that" Jacob interrupted.
"Jacob please just listen!" Felix tried to explain
"And how you let her lay her head on your shoulder down in the basement!!"
"It was just a friendly gesture! Besides she fell asleep by accident and laid her head on mine! I can't help that!!" Felix explained.
"What ever! Don't talk to me" Jacob said walking away.
"Wow.. After all I did for you" Felix said quietly more to himself then to Jacob and walked painfully back to his friends.

-meanwhile-

"Ugh what is taking him so long??" Ella asked.
"Yeah I really want ice cream" Zoey added.
"Look there he is" Mackenzie said.
"Is he.... crying...?" Zoey asks tilting her head in confusion.
"I don't know.." Melody responded watching Felix.
"Something does look wrong" Ella said.
"Hey, you alright Fel?" Kenzie asked concerned.
"Yeah. I'm fine." Felix said his hat not backwards but forwards, covering his face.
"Okay.. Well let's go get some ice-cream!" Zoey said getting excited, finally getting her ice-cream.

They get to the restaurant and all order their ice-cream, Melody and Felix got cookie dough, Mackenzie got Cotten candy, Zoey got mint chocolate chip and Ella got chocolate.
They all sat outside eating their ice-cream talking and laughing. Well all except Felix, he was eating his ice-cream of course but he wasn't talking, he was mostly thinking about his best friend he just lost.

=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
New update!! Hope you're enjoying the book so far! 💖💐