Chapter 19; First real mission?

"The food is actually really good!" Melody says as she takes another bite of her salad.
"Yeah, I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this good!" Felix said agreeing, also taking another bite.
"So, why don't you tell me a little more about yourself? I'll ask questions now, and you answer." Felix offers to Melody.
"Um.. Okay." Melody says.
"Favorite color."
"Purple." Melody says motioning to her hair.
"Favorite animal?"
"Hedgehog."
"Food?"
"Don't know.. I honestly eat just about anything." She says with a laugh.
"What do you do in your spare time?"
"Softball, obviously, some basketball, also obviously, and.. martial arts.. On some occasions." Melody says the last part with a smile. Felix smiles back,
"I can tell, I've seen you punch Kenzie numerous times!" He says laughing.
"Yeah.." Melody says remembering.
"So.. Last question." Felix starts feeling awkward.
Oh god...
"Do you really, for real, like the person in front of you as more than just a friend?" Felix asks.
"Yeah, I really do." Melody says, looking him right in they eye.
"I can't believe it.." Felix says to himself looking at the table.
"What?" Melody asks, feeling self conscious.
"I just can't believe you actually like me, I mean, a pretty, nice, amazing girl like yourself, likes me out of all people!" Felix says, still in shock.
"Well if you think I'm pretty, nice, and amazing, how come you don't think of me as more than a friend?" Melody asked, raising an eyebrow.
"Never said I didn't, I said I wasn't sure yet." Felix said, correcting her.
The rest of the dinner was awkwardly silent and when they were done, they left saying an awkward goodbye.

"So how was it?" Kenzie asked as soon as Melody walked back into the dorm.
"Okay.. At first, he gave me a bunch of compliments, he liked my hair by the way, thank you." Melody thanked Kenzie while smiling.
"No problem! So what went wrong?" Kenzie wondered.
"I don't know, I asked him why he thought of me as just a friend after all those compliments, and he said that he didn't, he was just confused, and well, we didn't really talk much after then.." Melody felt extremely sad, and Mackenzie noticed.
"Hey, at least he didn't just turn you down." Mackenzie said, trying to make her feel better.
"I guess.." Melody said sitting on her bed.
"You missed a lot by the way." Kenzie said, grinning wide again.
"What is it?" Melody asked getting excited.
"Jace and Joey had ANOTHER fight!" Mackenzie said laughing.
"Are you kidding me?" Melody asks as she starts to laugh.
"Nope! So we were playing kill marry kiss again, and Jace picked Joey, who we forced to play. And he told him that he had to choose between him, Felix, and the leader of the other side!" Kenzie starts to laugh.
"So Joey gets mad, and tells him that he'd rather jump off a cliff than kiss any of them, and Jace tells him that Joey would be lucky to get a chance to kiss him or Felix, then Joey said he's not kissing someone who's face looks like it's been in a toilet, then Jace said that if he washed his face, would he kiss him then, and then Joey got fed up, and cracked on of Felix's chicken eggs over Jace's head, and said, 'sorry for harming one of your own kind', then Jace cracked one over Joey's head and said 'guess your not having such an EGG-celent day!' Then they just kept on exchanging insults until Joey just got mad and left! It was quite entertaining, you just had to be there!" Mackenzie finished her story, and Melody started laughing harder.
"I can't believe i missed that!" Melody said, feeling slightly disappointed.
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Jace and Joey are now sworn enemies."
Kenzie said.

-One Hour Later-

"Okay! I have an important message!" Jordan walks in.
"Tomorrow we will have our first mission, it's not much of a mission, but, well it's something for you to do." Jordan laughs a little.
"What is it?" Jace asks.
"We will be going back to your old camp, and you will take any belongings of yours that survived the fire." Jordan said, noticing their shocked expressions.
"We.. We're going back there?" Felix asks, thinking about when Jacob shoved him into the basement.
"Yes, we're going back there." Jordan said imitating Felix's tone, which made Ella start laughing.
"That's perfect!" She said in between laughs.
Jordan smiles at her laughter, and continues.
"We will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning. We will also be looking for any traces of evidence of as to who might of burned down the camp." Joey's eyes widen at the last part.
"Do I have to go too?" He asks, trying to sound bored, as he runs a hand through his hair, trying to get more egg out.
"I can't believe you guys smashed my eggs!" Felix says to Jace, feeling almost heartbroken.
Melody looks over and smiles at his upset face, which looks adorable to her.
"Yes Joey, you have to come too." Jordan tells his brother.
"Ugh." Joey grunts and slides down the wall so he's sitting on the ground.
"Anyways.. If you find any clues bring them to me immediately. No exceptions. If you don't find me, give it to Casey, Mitch, or Carly, they would be happy to bring it over." Jordan looks at everyone to see if they understand, which they do.
"And if we find anything of ours that survived?" Melody asks.
"Keep it, what else would you do?" Jordan asks laughing.
"I dunno." Melody says, feeling embarrassed for asking the dumb question.
"I would recommend getting to sleep early, we might leave a little sooner than some of you would prefer." He says the last part eyeing Melody, which makes her look at Mackenzie and laugh.
"Yeah, I've been told about you." Jordan says, looking at Zoey at the last part.
Zoey's ears redden, she tells Jordan everything, and probably shouldn't.. Well almost everything.
"Well, Melody you should get going to sleep now." Mackenzie says getting up, which makes others laugh.
"Coming? I think you might actually wake up at nine if we go now!" Mackenzie looks at the clock- 7:30.
"I'll be good." Melody says laughing.
"Nah, I'm just kidding." Mackenzie says, sitting back down.
Everyone laughs except Joey, who rolls his eyes.