Chapter 48; You're Going to Fight

Tap tap tap tap tap Sir Malum sits impatiently at his desk in his office tapping his knuckles on the wooden surface, staring at the clock and waiting for the arrival of his appointed crew. "They were supposed to be back an hour ago." Malum says through gritted teeth. He hears talking and fast footsteps coming to the office door and then a knock.
"Come in." He says angrily toward them. Jessie and Tristan both walk in at the same time and close the door slightly.
"Well?" Sir Malum asks them, not wanting to wait anymore.
"We captured two of them, sir. They're in the dungeon as we speak." Tristan explains.
"TWO?! YOU WERE GIVEN A SIMPLE TASK AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN GET IT DONE!?" Sir Malum screams at them, his eyes turning a bright shade of red in fury.
"Well, technically three." Jessie says before he got too angry. At that moment Jacob and Roxy both walk in with Joey following close.
"Well. If it isn't J." Sir Malum says with an evil grin playing at his lips.
"Yeah and if I aren't standing in your tiny little office again that smells like rotting food. Just like old times." Joey says with a similar grin. Sir Malum eyes Joey up and down.
"Well your attitude doesn't seem to have changed." Sir Malum says with an eye roll and leans back in his desk chair.
"Your diet doesn't seem to have changed." Joey says back, keeping his face emotionless. Sir Malum ignored Joey's comment and looks at the others.
"So which ones did you capture?" He asks them all.
"Mackenzie and Zoey." Roxy answers having remembered their names.
"We can hold them hostage for now, I'm sure those wimps at SpyCamp would do anything to get their little students back." Sir Malum said while tapping his knuckles on the table again. "Jessie and Tristan, I want you to go and keep watch on them." Malum excuses them from the room and look at who's left.
"J, now that you're back I assume you would like your job back?" Sir Malum asks Joey, well, more of tells him, not giving him a choice.
"Yes if it's still open." Joey responds, finally getting interested in something that he's saying.
"Now it is, Jacob, you're fired." Sir Malum yells at Jacob who jumps back in surprise.
"What did I do!?" Jacob yells back. "You're new job is security, go grab a gun from room two-fifty-eight and stand guard at the entrance." Sir Malum tells him with a submissive wave. Jessie snickers in the corner at Jacob, who walks to the door without saying another word.
"Jessie, go and make sure that he gets there okay. I need to speak to my new second-in-command." Sir Malum says while shifting his gaze from Jessie on Joey.

It's been about an hour since Joey's escape. Jordan got brought into the infirmary after getting shot, and the others were with him, leaving the spies without a teacher around. Everyone sat around the unlit fire, looking at the burned out pile of wood and ash. "Zoey's so stupid. All that time she was convincing us he was good. Should of known he wasn't." Jace says while kicking a stick on the grass.
"He was just confused. Maybe he thought what he did was the right choice." Ella says in Joey's defense, not wanting to put all blame on him just yet.
"Also, I know Zoey better than all of you. She has good judgement." Ella adds while giving Jace a slight dirty look.
"So what's the deal with the Joey guy. You guys told me he tried to kill you all but you never told me he was from the OtherSide." Luke asks them, hoping to know more than he does.
"He was but we captured him and tried to turn him good. We thought maybe he was good but I guess not." Felix explains to Luke as best he could, his memory still not as great from the explosion.
"That explains why he slept in the basement." Luke says after thinking it through.
"Yeah, and he hates all of us." Jace added to his thinking.
"We need to get them back." Ella suggests.
"They'll never let us." Jace tells her in disagreement.
"Then we won't tell them." Melody says, joining Ella's side.
"I'm sure they have professionals that can handle it." Jace says, still disagreeing.
"Professionals that will take about a month to decide what they should wear." Melody says, getting annoyed at Jace's refusal.
"Okay, say we do, how do you suppose we get out?" Jace asks them, raising his eyebrows.
"Yeah, Zoey was the only one who knew the code." Ella said as she remembered. "Uh.. guys, you do know I can just hack the security system right?" Felix asks, looking confused at them for not thinking of it.
"Perfect! While the teachers are all distracted," Ella starts
"Felix can hack the security and we get out!" Melody finishes and they look at each other and grin for the idea.
"Now the real problem." Felix says, interrupting their small satisfaction. "What?" Ella asks him.
"How exactly will we get to the OtherSide's headquarters?"
"We'll need a helicopter." Ella says as she starts to think.
"We can't really fly a helicopter, can we?" Melody says, not being thrilled to go in one.
"Actually, at my old camp, air training was one of the courses we took. So I know the basics. Its enough to land, takeoff, fly, I would be able to get us there." Luke says, joining in. Everyone looks at Jace to see if he has any more reasons not to go.
"Let's get ready. Someone stay near so if the one of the teachers comes, they can quickly get distracted." Jace says, giving into their plan.
"I'll do it." Melody offers quickly, wanting to stay near Felix.
"Okay. Luke and I wi-" Jace gets stopped by the loud thud of the infirmary door slamming shut. They all turn and see Casey and Mitch walking with Jordan who was on crutches, and Carly following behind slower, as she was typing something into a laptop as she walked.
"Don't say anything." Ella mumbled as they approached.
"We made a plan." Jordan starts, making them all fill with disappointment. Just as they were about to protest about never being able to get into action, Jordan surprises them by saying:
"You guys are going to fight." Everyone stares in shock.
"Are you serious?" Ella asks Jordan, getting excited.
"Yes. We decided that we aren't giving you guys the credit you deserve. And that's my sister in there. I've never been more serious my whole life." Jordan explains to them all.