Chapter 47; Dropping like Dominoes

"I'm guessing you all know why I called you here." Sir Malum told the group standing around his desk.
"Not really you just told us all to come here without really explaining." A guy with dark hair said in a bored voice. "I've had enough of your sass! One more and you're working in the pits tomorrow!" Malum hisses back at him. "Oh wow I'm so scared, you only made me do that, what? Ten times?" He says back.
"Okay come on you two stop arguing already." Jessie said from the corner. "Remind me why he's your second-in-command?" She adds as she points at Jacob, who was standing in the opposing corner. Jacob looks up and sees everyone looking at him.
"Uh.. Hello?" He asks, not having paying attention to their conversation. "See! He can't even pay attention in meetings!" Jessie says in an annoyed tone.
"At least I don't keep track of Razor's every single move!" Jacob spits back, remembering overhearing her talking about liking him.
"Well at least I-"
"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Malum yells over their bickering.
"About time you told them to shut up." A girl with white hair pulled back in a ponytail says and crosses her arms.
"I don't need to hear your opinion, Roxy." Malum tells the girl.
"I called you all here so we can discuss my new plan." Malum folds his hands on the desk and scans over the group. "Thanks to our advanced map and hacking skills we have found out their new- TRISTAN PUT YOUR PHONE DOWN!" The dark haired boy, Tristan, jumps and drops his phone on the ground and they all hear a crack of glass. A few people snicker and he flashes them dirty looks.
"Now you know to pay attention." Malum says with a smug look.
"I'm done with this crap. If you need me, I'll be in the cafeteria" Tristan says while he storms out mumbling something under his breath.
"Anyone else?" Sir Malum asks as he looks around. Everyone stays silent. "Good. We will start by sending out four of you by helicopter. Then we'll send for backup. The plan is to first infiltrate the main camp, and capture them all. Then, the same at headquarters, and kill the leader of SpyWorld." Sir Malum says to everyone who is quietly listening.
"For starting, Jessie, Tristan, if he decides to stop crying and come back, Roxy, and Jacob." Jacob and Jessie give each other dirty looks but don't say anything. We'll meet back here tomorrow at seven a.m. Sharp. No exceptions. Now go train and get ready. I intend that by the end of tomorrow. SpyCamp will be nothing more than a graveyard." Sir Malum says with a wicked grin and gets a bunch of cheers in response.
"Open your books up to page 172" Jordan says as he writes the page number on the black board. They're reading a book about historical spies, who are known as heroes and apparently are needed to know about if you become a spy.
"Tonight you guys are going to read till page 211, I'm sure that's not too much" Jordan says his back facing the class as he writes their assignment on the black board.
"I will also be giving you all a worksheet to go with the pages you're reading, you will all have to fill it out." He says as he finishes and turns around.
"This is a independent assignment, I know how a lot of you guys like to do things together, or just not do them at all and copy off of Felix" Jordan says giving them all a glare.
"How do you know Felix isn't copying off of us?" Melody asks with a bored look on her face.
"Because Felix always does his homework in class" Jordan says as he looks over at Felix, who, ironically, was doing his homework that was due tomorrow. Felix looks up to see everyone staring at him.
"What?" He asks in confusion as he looks back at everyone. Jordan just looks away and continues with the lesson.
"Alright everyone, class dismissed, you may go eat dinner now." Jordan says, him also packing up and getting ready to leave. Everyone grabs their stuff and hurries to the cafeteria.
"I love fall" Mackenzie says looking at all the colorful leaves on the ground. "Me too" Ella agrees, also looking at the beautiful leaves. Just as Mackenzie and Ella look at the leaves Felix comes running over and jumps into the pile of them, Jace following him close behind. "Felix!" Ella yells right after he threw some leaves all over her.
"What?" It's just leaves!" Felix says as he continues to throw them up in the air. Mackenzie just laughs and then they all continue to walk to the cafeteria.
They get inside to see Melody, Zoey, Joey and.. Some other guy? Jace and Felix both walk towards the lunch line to get food while Ella and Mackenzie go over to see who the stranger was.
"Hey" Ella said sitting down in her usual seat, which was next to Zoey. Mackenzie sat down next to Melody. "Who's the new guy?" She whispered to Melody. Melody just shrugged as she looked over at the brown haired boy who sat alone at a table, who seemed to be picking at his food.
"Zoey do you know who that boy is?" Mackenzie whispered to Zoey, hoping this time she'll get an answer.
"Yeah, that's Luke, he's new here. Jordan said he came here this morning, so Casey and Carly were showing him around and helping him get settled in" Zoey says as she looks over at Luke. "Wow, I'm sure Felix and Jace will be happy about having another guy here" Melody says overhearing they're conversation.
"Yeah, they're probably going to corrupt him and make him all weird" Zoey says back knowing how weird the two boys can be.
"Hey, being weird is good, besides they're funny! At least they have more personality than you" Melody snaps back, defending Jace and Felix.
Zoey just rolls her eyes.
While they're all eating the teachers all walk in, they noticed Luke sitting by himself and go over to talk to him. "Hey have you spoke to the other students yet?" Jordan asks as he takes a seat across from Luke who was done eating and was looking pretty bored. "No" he says back, looking at the table. "Here, let me introduce you" Jordan says getting up.
"Uh no no! It's fine you don't have to, really! it's not important" Luke says feeling bad. Jordan just laughs and walk over to introduce him anyway. "Hello everyone, this is Luke, he is a new member to spy camp, he will be training with you guys" Jordan says as he introduces Luke to the others.
"Hi" Luke says in response while looking at them, they all reply with awkward 'hi's or 'hello's.
"Well, I'm going to get something to eat, you can sit here" Jordan said as he pulled out a chair for Luke. Luke sat down in the chair and then looked up to all of them staring at him.
"What?" He asked confused.
"What's your specialty?" Zoey asks right away.
"Specialty? Oh.. You mean the thing that I'm good at or whatever?" Luke asks in return.
"Yeah that" Ella says wanting to know what this stranger is good at.
"My specialty is manipulating, I'm good at lying and convincing people. I'm the type of spy that has to go undercover and fool people to get classified information." Luke says with a bored look on his face.
"So.. Like acting?" Felix asks, trying to simplify what he just said.
"I guess you could call it that" Luke said shrugging.
"That's cool, but do you have a weapon?" Mackenzie asks, wondering what would happen if someone attacked him.
"Yeah, my fists, every spy should know how to fight" Luke answers as he holds up his fists.
"True" Jace says while slightly nodding his head.
"Well, I'm Zoey, this is Jace, that's Melody, Felix, Mackenzie, Ella and Joey" Zoey says pointing at everyone in turn.
"You already got a tour around camp, right?" Ella asks wondering if he already knows where everything is. "Yeah, Cathy or whoever showed me" Luke says, remembering them showing him around.
"Well, we're going to head back to the dorms, it's like seven, wanna come?" Jace asks starting to get up.
"Yeah sure" Luke says also starting to get up. They all walk out of the cafeteria leaving the teachers behind.
"Where's the blonde guy?" Luke asks while unpacking his things and picks a bed which is next to Jace's.
"You mean Joey?" Felix asks looking at his chocolate bar.
"Yeah, him" Luke says remembering the name.
"He's in the basement, basically he's like a bad guy or whatever. He pretty much tried to kill us in our sleep or something, not important" Felix says through a mouthful of chocolate. "What?!" Luke says shocked at what he just heard.
"Yeah... Don't worry he won't kill us or anything" Jace says trying to calm him down.
"Oh okay, I guess.." Luke says as he continues to unpack.
"So.. How was it to randomly find out you're a spy and be taken away from your family?" Jace asks, trying to start a conversation.
"Actually, I'm not new to the spy community, I've been a spy for a while now, I just transferred camps" Luke says as he finishes putting away all of his clothes.
"Wait, there's other camps?" Felix asks bewildered.
"Yeah, you guys aren't the only spies training right now, there are a lot of spies out there" Luke says surprised they don't know about this.
"How many camps are there?" Jace asks curious to hear how many there are.
"Maybe about four or five, not that many, but there's not only one." Luke says lying down on his bed.
"Wow that's cool. So why did you transfer?"
"Too many people, there were fifteen, and then I came and I stayed there for a while until they finally decided to move me" Luke said answering his question, his emerald green eyes scanning the unfamiliar room.
"So Luke, what do think of this camp so far?" Jace asked Luke as he finished putting his clothes in the chest.
"It's nice. Defiantly has a different atmosphere than the other camp. It was crazy there, you know because there were so many people." Luke said while casually shrugging his shoulders. "Huh, well it's cool that you came, we could use another guy around here." Felix says with a laugh as he finishes up the chocolate bar.
"Yeah, so what do you guys normally do for fun around here?" Luke asks them, starting to get curious. "Normally there isn't much time to do 'fun' stuff. We only get Saturday's off, so we can go to town or just hang around the camp." Jace explains.
"So you guys basically just train?" Luke asks them as he sits down.
"Yeah pretty much, but training can be fun. We all have each other to train with and it makes it pretty enjoyable." Jace says to Luke with a shrug.
"What are your guys' specialties?" Luke asks them as he starts to wonder.
"I hack, and Jace throws daggers." Felix explains.
"Yeah some great hacker you are. This guy tried to hack into the OtherSide, got blown up, and then got put in a coma for three weeks!" Jace says while pointing to Felix and laughing.
"Well at least I actually try to help unlike everyone else who's too busy sitting around doing nothing!" Felix says in his defense.
"You guys are hilarious!" Luke says as he starts to laugh at their arguing. Jace and Felix join in Luke's laughter.
"And what about the girls? What do they do?" Luke asks them when he finishes laughing.
"Mackenzie, the really short girl, she does archery, Ella, the blonde in the yellow sweater, she has an axe, Melody the girl with the purple hair does martial arts, and Zoey the one with the blue tips fights with a sword." Felix says to Luke, also giving little descriptions of the girls in case he forgot the names.
"What about Joey?" Luke asks almost forgetting about him because he hardly saw him.
"Potions, don't really know how those work.. Probably some kind of chemical that messes with your brain but who knows, maybe he's a witch." Jace says as he starts to laugh at Joey.
"Jace hates Joey so you'll hear them arguing a lot." Felix explains to Luke who nods his head in response. They hear a knock on the door, and Felix and Jace get up at the same time to get it. Jace shoves Felix out of the way and runs to the door to get it.
"Hey!" Felix says as he gets up off the ground from where Jace shoved him over. Jace laughs at him, and opens the door.
"Hey guys." Jace says to Mackenzie and Zoey who were standing in the dorm hallway.
"Hey, we were going to the cafe to get a quick before curfew snack, you guys wanna come?" Mackenzie asks Jace, then shifting her gaze to Felix and Luke who were behind him.
"Sounds good to me." Luke says as he gets up off of his bed.
"I'm not hungry, I don't really want to." Felix says, not feeling like going to the cafeteria when it's almost curfew.
"Yes, you do." Jace says as he yanks Felix by the arm and out into the hallway.
"Hey guys." Ella says to them as she and Melody see them walk in. Melody smiles when she saw that Felix came and quickly turns to the menu after she feels her cheeks heat up.
"Looks like Luke isn't the only new one here." Ella whispers to them as they see another lunch lady behind the counter, this one looking younger than Elliot and in a better mood.
"Yeah, I overheard Mitch talking with Jordan about her, apparently they think Elliot is having a hard time on her own." Mackenzie whispers to them as they watch her.
"Hello, how may I help you all?" The new lunch lady says to them in a chipper voice after she sees them all looking at her.
"Um hi, what happened to Elliot? You know the old hag that is surprisingly still alive?" Felix asked the new lunch lady who suppressed a smile at what he said. Everyone else started to snicker. "Elliot is in the back helping cook the dinner. The teachers decided that it wasn't best for her, erm, 'health' to be under the stress of working alone. My name is Vivian, I'm the new lunch lady." Vivian says to them politely, catching them off guard for they are used to Elliot's nasally voice and attitude.
"Well okay then." Zoey says and walks up to the menu to see it better.
"How about we'll get the jumbo nacho platter?" Jace offers as he looks through the snack menu.
"Yeah that sounds good." Ella agrees. "Here you go, sweetie." Vivian says as she hands the nacho platter over to Ella who thanks her and they then head over to one of the tables.
"So Luke, didn't you say you use your fists in combat?" Zoey asks Luke who was sitting awkwardly quiet, not really knowing what to talk to them about. "Yeah." Luke answered, his face lighting up a bit.
"You should try going against her next time we practice." Zoey says, pointing to Melody at "her".
"I'll think about it" Luke says with a slight awkward laugh. They hear something smash in the other room, which is the kitchen. Elliot then walks out looking angry, carrying broken pieces of a glass. Everyone exchanges glances, expecting her to have a fit but she just walks back into the kitchen and out of sight.
"Why do you guys look so nervous?" Luke asks, not knowing the backstory to Elliot.
"She gets angry easily, and when she does she makes us do work." Zoey explains.
"Oh.." Luke says as he tried to catch a glimpse of Elliot in the kitchen to get a better look at her.
"Okay guys, curfew!" Casey says over the loudspeakers.
"So do we all have the plan?" Sir Malum asks the four just as they were about to leave on the helicopter.
"Yeah, you only told us fifteen times." Roxy says and places her hands on her hips.
"You better watch your mouth." Malum hisses at her and motions for them to leave.
"I say we kill them the quick way. Saves time." Tristan says as he pulls out a gun and clicks a bullet into the holster. "Wow they actually trust you with one of those?" Jessie says sarcastically. "Maybe if you keep talking, they won't." Tristan says as he holds it up in Jessie's face.
"I dare you." Jessie says with a scowl. "Why are you so quiet." Roxy asks Jacob who is staring out the window of the helicopter looking bored.
"I left that place for a reason I'm not really thrilled about going back." Jacob says without looking at her.
"Tristan you have the worst aim ever you idiot. Don't you remember when you tried to hit those two with the darts? The only thing you poisoned, was the tree." Roxy said with a smug look.
"Oh what about target practice? They had to rebuild the wall each time you were done." Tristan spat back.
"Guys you are unbearable." Jessie says over their fighting.
"Stay out of this!" Both Roxy and Tristan shout at the same time.
"I can't believe I used to date you." Roxy said with an eye roll.
"Trust me, cupcake I feel the same way." Tristan says sarcastically.
"Do you want me to shoot you?" Roxy asked, pulling out a gun of her own. "Both of you, stop!" Jacob said, finally turning around to face them.
"Look who found his tongue." Jessie said boredly.
"All of you, shut up! Why the heck did Malum put you all together if you all hate each other!?" The assistant pilot yells at them, getting sick of hearing it too.
"Because the bonehead's got no brain." Tristan says.
"Yeah well we all know that, can you do us a favor and shut your dang mouthes?" The main pilot says through gritted teeth. The rest of the ride was silent except for the mild chatter of the pilots.
"I got an eye on the location" the pilot says into a microphone
"good now do your job and land the thing" Sir Malum's voice said back through the earpiece.
"Copy." The pilot responds and flies the helicopter closer to the camp.
"Easiest way is over the fence. Idiots don't even think things through." The assistant pilot says with a harsh laugh. As the pilot flies the helicopter to the border of the camp a large blast of electricity hits the chopper out of no where and crashes the control system. "Mayday mayday, we're going down!" The pilot yells into the earpiece.
"What the heck is happening?" Jacob asks the pilots as the helicopter starts in a free fall to the ground.
"Everyone hold on!" The pilot yells, and the helicopter crashes to the ground.