Chapter 46; Campfire talk

"I wonder why Elliot is so upset.." Zoey says while watching Jace attempt to start a fire.
"She's always upset, not really surprised." Ella answered.
"Did you guys bring the marshmallows?" Melody asked while taking a stick out of the chest full of them.
"Right here." Mackenzie said from next to her, holding up a bag.
"Finally!" Jace says as the little spark catches on the paper and starts a roaring fire.
"Hey Felix, want me to teach you how to make a marshmallow so you can stop wasting them?" Melody asks with a laugh as she moves over onto the same log as him.
"No, I'm getting sick of marshmallows, we always have them." Felix says with a look.
"Yeah, how about a hot dog?" Zoey asks as she pulls some out of the mini fridge.
"Uh Zoey I'm a vegetarian, I thought you knew that.." Felix says.
"Yeah but come on, we all know hot dogs aren't real meat." Zoey says, starting to roast it over the fire.
"Felix what do you eat?" Melody asks as she gives him a funny look.
"Same stuff as you, just not meat" Felix says a little confused at how she's not understanding.
"It just seems like you don't eat a lot.. Probably why you've got no muscle." Melody says jokingly as she pokes Felix's arm.
"Hey!" Felix says as he pulls back his arm.
"What? Scared I'll feel your arm fat?" Melody asks as she starts to laugh and pinches his arm.
"No, but since you're feeling my arm fat, I'll feel your belly fat" Felix says as he pinches her stomach fat.
"Hey!" Melody yells and starts to laugh. She then looks off to the side feeling her cheeks heat up.
"That's what happens when you eat food, wait, you won't know." Melody says, continuing to tease Felix.
"At least I'm not fat" Felix says defending himself.
"Neither am I!" Melody says back.
"Come on, I'm kidding. I know you eat." Melody says as she gives up on messing with him.
Mackenzie sits quietly as she pets Toast, who was fast asleep on her lap.
"Mackenzie has Toast, why can't I have a pet chicken?" Felix asks starting to think.
"Dunno. Ask Jordan." Jace says as he looks from Felix to Mackenzie.
"He'll probably say no, Elliot will probably use the chicken for dinner" Felix says looking down.
"Ha! I'm surprised Elliot didn't try to cook Toast yet!" Jace says as he starts to laugh.
Mackenzie pulled Toast closer to her.
Ella noticed this and giggled a little.
"Guys, Joey never left the bathroom.. Think he's okay?" Zoey says as she starts to worry about him.
"Come on, you're talking about Joey. Of course he's okay. Probably just went back to the basement and we didn't notice." Jace said to Zoey, making her feel better.
"I want some soda, anyone else want some?" Ella asks as she stand up.
"Yeah I'll have some Sprite" Zoey says as she looks up from her hotdog to look at Ella.
"Sprite, got it." Ella says as she begins to walk off.
"They might not have it, they only have Pepsi products." Melody says while Ella is still in earshot.
"Yeah in the fountain, I'm pretty sure we have a bottle or can of it some where" Zoey says as she takes a bite out of her hotdog.
"Want some ketchup for that?" Jace asks, holding out s bottle to Zoey.
"Ew no thanks" Zoey says making a face.
Jace shrugs and puts the ketchup back on the log next to him.

"Here's the Sprite." Ella says as she walks back to the fire.
"Thanks." Zoey says through a bite of hotdog.
"Ew, finish chewing." Ella says while making a disgusted face at Zoey.
Zoey just rolls her eyes. She grabs the soda and takes a sip of it after she was finished her hotdog.
"Guys, do any of you have an idea of what month it is?" Ella asks out of the blue in the silence.
"Judging by the weather.. Maybe September? Late August." Jace says as a wind gust sends the fire flames in a frenzy.
"Why?" Zoey asked Ella as she wiped her palms on a napkin.
"If it's September, Halloween is coming soon. Don't you think we should do something special?" Ella asked them while she started thinking of past Halloweens with her friends.
"I don't know if we can really do anything 'special' we can't go trick or treating" Zoey says a little disappointed as she starts to remember trick or treating with her brothers. When they were little Zoey once dressed up as a princess, Jordan, a knight, while Joey being the evil dragon.
"Maybe we could convince the teachers into making a haunted house?" Mackenzie asks coming up with the idea.
"That's a great idea!" Ella said with excitement in her voice and a big smile on her face. Everyone starts to go into a deep conversation about who will help with the haunted house, where it should be, and what it should be about.
"I say Kenz should be in the haunted house, she's amazing at scaring people" Melody says, she should know. Mackenzie always liked to scare Melody and her friends, she thinks it's funny to see their reactions. Mackenzie just smiles a small, creepy grin.
Everyone continues to talk about the haunted house and whatever else they should do for the scary holiday. But little do they know, something is going to happen, and soon.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
dun dun duunnnn, sorry for the delay + short chapter. Sadly, we have school just like every other teenager. We will try our best to write them and fast, but it may take a little while.