Chapter 7; Not the same

Ever since the video message came from The Other Side nothing has been the same. Everyone has been extremely tense, waiting for an attack, curfew got lowered by two hours, meaning everyone had to be in dorms by 7:00, and classes were moved to the basement, which got cleaned up, and modeled into a classroom. No one wanted to touch the can Felix went to the bathroom in, so they left it in the corner (ew).
"I wonder when they hacked us." Kenzie said a little after everyone went into the dorms to talk.
"The file was recent, sometime early yesterday." Felix said, looking at the ground.
Just then, a horrible thought struck him. What if when he hacked the teacher's computer, when he took down the firewall, that's what made it easy to put that video in.
"Oh no.." Felix said under his breath.
"What's wrong? Need to pee again? That can is still downstairs." Zoey said stifling a laugh.
"No, I already went." Felix said in a matter- of- fact tone. Which made Zoey roll her eyes.
"What is it?" Jace asked Felix.
"Okay, Melody, don't get mad, but, I hacked the teacher's computer to bring up your file so Jacob could find out more about you." Felix said, while trying not to make eye contact with Melody.
"You did what!?" Melody said as she sprang up off of her bed and ran over to Felix, shaking his shoulders while yelling;
"I can't believe you would do that! I thought of were my friend!"
"Melody, stop!" Ella says, pulling her away.
Zoey laughs.
"Why tell me this now? We're kind of in a crisis? A group of spies conspiring against us are trying to most likely blow up this whole place, and you think this a good time to confess some bull crap you did?" Melody says as she plops back down onto her bed, wisps of purple hair going all over the place from static.
"What I'm trying to get at with this, is when I hacked her computer, I took down her firewall, what if that helped them hack in?" Felix said, looking around for backup.
"They are a group of professional spies, I'm pretty sure they know how to get through a little firewall, if a 16 year old can do it." Jace said, making Felix feel a bit better.
"It still could of helped them." Felix said.
"What, no sorry to me? That's my personal info you went through!" Melody says, still obviously angry.
"What! I didn't see anything too personal! And I promise I won't say anything about that time in third-" Melody cuts him off.
"HEY!" She yells, making Kenzie and Zoey giggle a little.
Just then everyone's phone buzzes.
There's a video message. Once again it's the man with the mask, from The Other Side.
Greetings students and teachers of SpyCamp, it is today we begin our mission of world conquer, soon you too will be under our control, but let's start small.
Mask guy holds up a button.
On the count of three I will press this, and, well, you will find out the rest.
One...
"Melody I'm sorry I looked through your file!" Felix says as fast as he can, thinking that the camp is about to blow up.
Two...
"It's okay! I forgive you! I'm sorry for all those egg jokes I made, and for never giving you your hat back!" Melody apologized too.
Three!
Melody grabbed Kenzie's arm, Zoey and Ella hug each other and they as well as the others prepared for the explosion.
There was an explosion, but they weren't in it, it was close enough to shake the ground, but they were safe.
They all cheer, happy that they weren't blown up.
I wouldn't be happy if I were you, because that was just the beginning.
And with that the message was over.
For a while everyone just exchanged glances.
"Here." Melody said, tossing Felix his hat back.
"Thanks." He caught it and put it over his other one.
"So what do you guys think that explosion was?" Jacob asks.
"Somewhere in the town." Laura said as she walked in the dorms.
"We are in lockdown again. Now that we know who is doing the explosions, we are at greater risk. I would take some things with you, we could be there for a while.

When everyone was done getting set up in the basement, Laura came in with a crate of food and water.
"This is for emergencies only, we have a limit of two meals a day. And only drink if it's an emergency. And I'm pretty sure Felix can tell you where the bathroom is." Laura adds, causing Zoey and Jace to laugh.
"Hey Kenz, call me weird, but, doesn't Felix look kinda cute?" Melody asks Kenzie while looking at Felix talking to Jace about something about chicken eggs.
"What!?" Kenzie asks, suddenly shocked.
"Do you like him or something?" Kenzie asks starting to grin.
"Maybe.. He is really nice, and sweet, and funny." Melody says, also smiling.
"Melody! Do you know what Jacob will do if he finds out you like Felix? He will probably start planning murder!" Kenzie says, all of the excitement drained from her expression.
"What are you guys talking about?" Jacob asks as he and Felix walk over and sit down.
"Nothing!" Melody says suddenly. Making Jacob jump.
"Didn't look like nothing, both of you were smiling like idiots!" Felix said looking from from Kenzie to Melody.
"You.. You were looking at us?" Melody asked, her face turning red.
"Yeah, I heard you talking about someone 'really nice'. Who is it?" Felix asks.
"It's no one." Kenzie says, saving Melody,
"She said it would be really nice of someone to go and find the leader of The Other Side and shut them down." Kenzie added. It probably didn't sound like the best excuse, but they bought it, and conversation changed to the explosion in the town. Melody couldn't help but look over at Felix while he couldn't  see her, maybe she did like him.

BOOM

The explosion rattled the basement.
"What was that?" Zoey yelled over the noise as more starting to go off.
"I don't know!" Jace yelled back.
"Everyone cover your heads!" Laura yelled as more explosions shook the small room.
After about five minutes the explosions stopped.
"Is everyone okay?" Laura asked as everyone lifted their heads in the airborne dust floating around the room.
"I think so.." Ella said as she waved an arm though the air.
"Who's this?" Melody asked poking someone's arm, she couldn't see who through the dark, and with the dust floating around.
"That's me." Felix said grabbing Melody's wrist to stop her from poking him anymore.
"Oh! Sorry!" Melody said, embarrassed.
"It's fine." Felix says laughing.
Melody makes her way back over to her sleeping bag on the floor and gets back in.
"Kenz, I don't know what to do!" Melody whispers over to Kenzie.
"About what? Felix?" Kenzie whispers backs
"If you really like him, you should just tell him!" Kenzie whispers, smiling, even though Melody can't see it.
"That's the thing! I think I like him, but then I don't know.." Melody says.
"How can you not know if you like someone?" Kenzie asks.
"I don't know! It's, it's, confusing."
Melody says sighing.
"Do you want me to tell you for him?" Kenzie offers.
"No, if I will, I'll do it myself, feels better if I do it myself. Thanks though." Melody says.
"I'm here for you." Kenzie says.

-THE NEXT MORNING-

"Everyone up!" Laura yells early in the morning.
"Why?" Jace asks, throwing a pillow over his head.
"Oh get up!" Zoey yanks the pillow off, throwing it across the room, making it hit the can in the corner, knocking it over.
"Eww! You hit the can!" He says pointing, at the corner. "Well now you can't go back to sleep." Zoey says with a laugh as Jace gets up, and walks over to the food crate, where Laura hands him a small energy bar.
"That's it?" Jace asks, feeling disappointed.
"No, you also get this!" Laura said, handing him a tiny water bottle.
"Thanks." Jace said as he walked away and sat back down to eat breakfast. Jacob sat down next to Jace, where he too unwrapped an energy bar.
"Eww this thing is nasty." Jacob said as he spit out a piece of the bar.
"It's all you get, I'd eat it if I were you, unless you want to starve." Felix said as he sat down with them too.
Soon everyone was up except Melody who was always the one sleeping in.
"How long can she sleep?" Ella asked Zoey.
"I don't know, but watch this." Felix said as he walked over to Melody.
"HEY WAKE UP!" He yelled and clapped a few times. The only response he got in return, is Melody rolling over onto her stomach.
Zoey and Ella laugh, and Jacob says something about Melody looking so pretty when she's asleep, making Jace call him a freaky weirdo.
"Here, I got this." Zoey said walking over.
She grabbed Melody's blanket in her hands. She yanked it off, making her wake up in a few seconds.
"Hey! What gives!" Melody said as she got up taking the blanket and putting it back around her shoulders, and went and grabbed her energy bar and stood next to Mackenzie.
"Just warning you, those things are nasty." Felix said as soon as Kenzie took a bite into hers. Her eyes got wide, and she swallowed it with a disgusted look on her face.
"Don't eat it." She whispered to Melody, as she put it into her pocket. Melody did the same, and sat down, shivering.
"You cold?" Felix asked her.
"Yeah, just a little." Melody replied.
"Here, give it back in a week." Felix said as he held out the hat again, and laughed.
"Thanks." Melody took it and put it on, feeling a little warmer.
Kenzie looked at her and smiled, which made Melody turn red.
"Okay, today we are going up, to see what damage we need to fix." Laura said as she opened the door that lead out of the basement.
When they walked outside, not much was destroyed, in fact, everything seemed fine.
"Shouldn't this place be blown up?" Ella asked as she got a better look around.
"That's what I thought too." Jacob said, also getting a closer look.
"Come on, stick together." Laura said as she headed toward the door.
When she opened it, the sight was terrifying, giant holes were all over the ground from the explosions, making it almost impossible to leave the camp. Which they didn't know, was just what The Other Side wanted.
----------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed! We'll update soon!! 💖