Chapter 37; Getting better

It's been three weeks since Felix has gotten into a coma. Ever since he's been lying in that hospital bed nothing has been the same. School has become longer, and harder since Mitch is now the new substitute. Jordan, Casey and Carly all have to keep an eye on Felix. Training has become a pain, teachers got stricter, rules got stricter, no one is aloud to leave the camp; but something is going to change, and soon.

"Turn to page 45" Mitch said while not looking up at the class. Everyone groaned and turned the page. The top of the page said "Altican Note Catcher", Altican was a famous spy who has saved many lives, they're forced to read a novel about him, and they have to take various of different notes. Melody stared at the wall, not hearing Mitch over all her daydreaming, all she could think about was Felix. I wonder if he's okay... Is he in pain? Is he actually awake but can't move?? Her thoughts got interrupted by a whisper-yell "Page 45!" Mitch said close to Melody's ear and walked off. Melody jumped and quickly turned the page noticing she spaced out.
After class was finished it was 5:00 PM, everyone went in different directions and started to work on their specialties. "I hate how everyone is so glum and dejected, I mean seriously? It's his own fault! He shouldn't have been so stupid in the first place!" Zoey said in frustration as she hit the dummy with her sword which made it's head fall off. "Well it wasn't entirely his fault, I mean, he didn't exactly mean for the whole thing to blow to bits" Ella said defending Felix, as she took a swing with her axe at another dummy. "Yes, but he shouldn't have tried the code if he knew it would be that bad if he failed. That guys life is a total fail! So of course he's going to fail!" Zoey said while swinging her sword once again. "True, that was a dangerous code, he should've known better" Ella said giving in. "Exactly" Zoey said as she took off an arm that used to belong to the dummy.
"Ready to jump?" Mackenzie asked with a grin on her face. "I'm all ready Mac and Cheese" Melody said smiling back using the nickname she used to give Kenzie along with their old friends. "1..2..3.. Jump!" Mackenzie yelled as she and Melody both jumped. They land on the giant mattress and laugh. "That's always my favourite part about doing the parkour" Kenzie said while smiling. "Yeah, mine too" Melody said back. They both got up and decided to go on a walk around camp, since they both were done working on their specialties and the parkour. "Wow, look at the sun setting" Kenzie said as she looked at the beautiful pink sunset. "That looks so pretty" Melody said as she looked up at it. "Agreed." Kenzie said still looking up. "Hi Jace" Melody said as she saw Jace who was putting away the daggers. "Oh, hey" Jace said turning around. "We're going on a stroll around camp while watching the sunset, care to join?" Mackenzie asked. "That sounds really boring" Jace said with a blank expression and walked away. "Well then.." Melody said watching him walk off. "That's rude" Kenzie said as she started to walk again. "I haven't visited Felix at all this week, I really should" Melody said as she watched the infirmary while they walked by. "It's Tuesday" Kenzie said with a frown. "Okay, okay, but can I go see him please?" Melody begged. "Alright go ahead, just no crying, because big girls don't cry" Mackenzie said. "Says the one who's a total crybaby" Melody said as she walked off towards the infirmary and Kenzie headed back to the dorms. Melody knocked on the door of the infirmary, she waited patiently until the door opened. There stood Mitch. He glared at her "CURFEW!!!!" He yelled. "OW!" Melody said while holding her ears. "That hurt!" Melody said as she started rubbing them. "You can't visit your boyfriend it's curfew!!" Mitch said ignoring Melody's pain. "Actually it's 8:54, she still has 6 minutes" Casey said walking up behind Mitch. Mitch gave him a rude look and walked away. "Thank you!" Melody said as she hugged him quickly and ran to Felix. He was looking a little better then the last few times she's seen him, which made her heart lift. He's healing she thought. She walked towards him and knelt by his side. "I miss you so much... It hasn't been the same without you... Please wake up.. Soon"
Mackenzie was about to do a round off backhand spring until something stopped her. She heard a noise. Kenzie stopped and looked around, it was dark out so she couldn't exactly see, she just wanted to get some practicing in before she went to bed. She shrugged it off and continued to practice her gymnastics skills, until she heard the noise again, but louder. The noise was coming from a bush near by, this time her curiosity took over and she decided to find out what the noise was. Kenzie walked towards the bush and moved some leaves out of the way. There laid a small black and white bunny, abandoned by its family. "Awww" Kenzie said almost immediately after she saw the little thing. She took off the sweater she was wearing and picked the bunny up in it, she didn't really care about the sweater anyway, it was far too big on her along with many of her other clothing. Whenever she gets clothes from someone they always end up too big. She cradled the bunny in her arms and walked towards the dorm.
"You can't keep it" Zoey said as she looked at the bunny who was sitting on Kenzie's lap getting pet by Melody and Ella. "Why not?" Mackenzie asked, she too was petting the bunny. "Because Jordan will never let you" Zoey said. "I'm sure he won't mind, I'll be the one taking care of it, not him" Mackenzie replied. "You still need to feed it, not to mention the thing poops, and smells" Zoey said that last part plugging her nose. "Toast doesn't smell!" Kenzie said defending her new friend. "You gave it a name?" Zoey asked. "Well yeah, I mean he is my pet after all" Kenzie said hugging Toast. "Don't get too attached to it, I'm sure Jordan will say no" Zoey said as she started to go to bed.
-the next day-
"Sure" Jordan said. "WHAT?" Zoey said said in shock. "Yes!! Thank you!" Kenzie said hugging Jordan. "I'm pretty sure we have a small cage somewhere, just ask Elliot, the lunch lady, I'm sure she has one" Jordan said. "Okay!" Kenzie said with excitement. "Just one thing. You need to take care of it, walk it, pick up it's messes, feed it" Jordan said listing the things she'd have to do. "Alright, and do you think I could feed it carrots and stuff from the lunchroom?" Kenzie asked hoping he'll say yes. "Sure" Jordan said. "Awesome!" Kenzie said excitedly. "Jordan why did you say yes? I thought you would say no" Zoey asked. "Well one, we don't need to buy anything, the bunny was free, we have the food, the cage. Oh yeah and I'm not the one that's going to take care of it and not to mention smell it so yeah, I don't care" Jordan said shrugging.

"Hey Joey can you throw us that yellow ball?" Jace asked Joey who was sitting on a log by an unlit fire. He looked over at the ball, there were two. He grabbed one and threw it back to Jace, Melody, Zoey, and Ella who were playing a game of catch. "Uh, this is the green ball that's kinda deflated, I said yellow" Jace said looking at the ball. "Pfft" Zoey said starting to laugh. "What?" Jace asked confused. "Uh.. Jace.. Joey's colored blind!" Zoey said starting to burst out with laughter. Joey gave Zoey a death glare and went back to his phone, feeling slightly embarrassed. Melody started laughing, she didn't even know why, it's probably because of Zoey's ridiculous laughter. Kenzie and Ella both joined in because of everyone else laughing which made Joey upset so he got up and left.
"I'm gonna visit Felix" Melody said walking towards the infirmary. "Didn't you see him yesterday?" Kenzie asked confused. "Well yeah.. But I wanna see him again, who knows maybe he'll wake up" Melody said hoping that would happen but she knows it won't. "Oh, before I leave, what time is it?" Melody asked, her phone was dead so she couldn't check the time. "1:11" Kenzie said looking at her phone. "Alright thanks, well bye" Melody said waving as she parted ways with Mackenzie. She knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. No one answered. She was about to knock again but instead she noticed something. Talking. She put her ear to the door and listened. "Just have them meet in the meeting room" a familiar female voice said. "What's that? A place where we talk about meat? Because if so, count me out" Another voice said. It sounded like... Felix... "He's okay?!" Melody said her heart racing, but quickly covered her mouth and continued to listen. "No idiot it's a place where you talk about things" a lower voice said, it sounded like Mitch. "Like what type of meat we're eating?" Felix asked clearly trying to annoy Mitch. "That's it! I'm leaving!" Mitch said. She heard foot steps getting closer to the door and ran. The door opened and Mitch stormed out, after he was gone Melody walked back over to the door and listened again. "Just go back to sleep, I'm sure that weird purple girl is going to come to see you soon" The  familiar voice said. I can't figure out who's talking.. They sound so... Familiar.. Melody thought. "I'm sick of pretending! Why can't I just wake up from my coma, I'm fine! I've been awake for a few days now" Felix said getting annoyed. What?! Pretending?? Melody thought. "We need them distracted, we can't have them figure out what's really happening outside that fence, and this is the perfect distraction" The familiar voice said. That's it, I'm going in Melody thought as she bursted open the door. There stood a shocked Carly, Casey, Jordan, Felix and... Laura? Felix's face went white and quickly put his head down so it looks like he's sleeping. "What did we say about knocking first?" Casey asked clearly annoyed. "I.. Uh.." Melody said lost for words. "You heard all of that, didn't you?" Laura asked. "Yes, yes I did, and I think you should let Felix go" Melody said finding her words. "Spray" Laura said quietly as Casey handed her a purple spray can. "Melody run!" Felix said sitting up. "Be quiet!" Laura yelled and injected some orange liquid into his arm which made him pass out. Melody started running, she got to the girls bathroom and hid in a stall, locking the door. Out of breath Melody stood there, in fear.
"What was that??" Jordan asked. "Oh nothing, but we need to find that girl" Laura said. "Hold on, do you know 'that girl's' name?" Jordan asked getting suspicious. "No, of course not, I could care less about that stupi-" Her sentence got cut off because her head also got cut off by a sword. "WHAT THE HELL??!!" Casey yelled. Carly screamed and hugged Casey. "Guys it's a fake, look, there's wires and crap inside the head, and the eyes are cameras. I'm guessing the other side created a robot version of Laura..." Jordan said holding the head and destroyed the cameras. "Wow.. So we're not under attack?" Casey asked relived. "No.. They must've sent this to distract us from worrying about other things, like while we were doing this, I'm sure they were probably secretly getting information out of us" Jordan said. "How did you know that wasn't the real Laura?" Carly asked. "The real Laura knows all of the kid's names by heart, and loves all of them, she would never hurt them" Jordan said frowning when he looked at Felix. "What did she put in him?" Casey asked as he looked at Felix's arm. "I don't know but let's hope he wakes up soon.. Carly, go tell Melody what happened and that everything is okay, and make sure to tell her not to tell anyone, and just say we will find out if she does and that it will lead to serious consequences or something like that to scare her" Jordan said. "Alright" Carly said heading out to find Melody.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Sorry for the wait! Thank you all for 1k views! 💜💜
*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*