Chapter 12; Back to business

"Alright guys, I guess we'll have our first lesson today, you need to be ready in ten minutes!" Jordan called into the dormitories around 8:00 A.M.
Everyone started to get out of bed, slowly and begrudgingly.
"Ugh, I feel like I didn't even sleep." Zoey said as she pulled off the covers.
"I feel like I got hit by a bus." Ella said, agreeing with Zoey.
Kenzie and Melody start to change, but quickly remember that Felix is also in the dorm and stop. Melody blushes feverishly.
"Melody, is your face always red or something? Because whenever I look at you, you're as red as Ella's shirt!" Felix says pointing at Ella's bright red T- shirt.
Melody looks down, embarrassed.
"I'm going to take a shower." Melody mumbles under her breath and walks out with her head down so no one can say anything else about her blush.
"Hey, I'm sorry if I made you upset." Felix said, as he grabbed Melody's arm, stopping her from leaving.
Melody turned around.
"It's fine.. I just... Really hate it when people call it out. I know, I blush easily." Melody said, as she avoided eye contact with Felix, not wanting to end up turning red again.
Felix noticed her not trying to make eye contact and got suspicious, but didn't say anything.
"Hey Mel, I'm going to go take a shower too, you know where the showers are?" Kenzie asked walking up to Melody, saving her from having to say anything else.
"Yeah, I saw them when we were walking around the camp." Melody said as she was about to leave.
Almost as soon as Melody opened the door, Jace came crashing in, a pale look to his face.
"Jace, what's wrong?" Zoey asked, walking forward.
"Jacobs gone." Is all Jace says.

"What do you mean Jacobs gone?" Jordan asked when they were all ready, and in school.
"I told you, I woke up, and he wasn't there anymore. All of his stuff was gone, and so was he." Jace said, explaining as best as he could, but it's hard when he didn't know exactly what happened.

-Last Night-

It was around midnight, Jacob had all his belongings with him, or at least all he could carry. He was waiting for two members of  The Other Side to come and get him, he made his decision final.
He made it to the edge of the fence, and easily found the large wooden door. Before he opened it, he noticed the alarm system.
"Dang it!" Jacob said, under his breath.
He heard a helicopter in the distance, that landed and shut off. About ten minutes later, the alarm system went up in smoke and the doors opened.
"Well I'll be darned, it really is you!" Said a short girl in all black, with her face covered in a mask.
"Wendy?" Jacob asked, recognizing the girl's voice from when he used to be in The Other Side.
"Yep! It's great to see you again man!" Wendy said as she pulled Jacob into a one armed embrace.
"Is it just you here?" Jacob asked, expecting there be more.
"Nah, we got some backup back at the helicopter." Wendy said as they started walking over to the helicopter, parked a long distance away from the camp.
"So, how's being good gone for ya?" Wendy asks with a snicker.
"Don't get me started." Jacob says.
"Okay, okay. Glad your coming back, I missed my best bro." Wendy says as she clapped him on the back.
Wendy and Jacob used to be best friends before he left, and Wendy was really upset when she heard the news.
"Here's the helicopter, and watch your step." Wendy says as Jacob trips on the broken metal step.
Wendy laughs and they start the helicopter to The Other Side's headquarters.

"Where are we going now?" Jacob asked as Wendy led him through the twists and turns of The Other Side's headquarters.
"What any new recruit needs to do, talk to Sir Malum in person." Wendy says as they stop at a metal door.
"Well, here you go, room 187, Sir Malum." Wendy tells Jacob.
"Thank you Wendy, you can leave him here with me, for now." Sir Malum says through the closed door.
"Come in." Sir Malum says.
Jacob walks in slowly and sees Sir Malum in person for the first time ever.
"Hello Jacob." Sir Malum says.
"Sit." He says again, motioning to a chair.
"Are you hungry?" Sir Malum asks Jacob as he sits uncomfortably in the chair.
"Yeah, but it's no-" Jacob starts.
"J!! BE A GOOD SECOND IN COMAND AND GET MY FRIEND JACOB HERE SOMETHING TO EAT!" Sir Malum yells into another room.
"Coming." Said a bored voice from the room. It sounds just like the guy sending the spies messages. Then a boy that looked about the same age as Jacob walked in and out of the room.
"Who is that?" Jacob asked getting curious.
"That's J, my second- in- command. But that is none of your concern." Sir Malum says.
"Why do you want to rejoin us, after you so quickly left us, saying you want to change?" Sir Malum asked Jacob.
"I got sick of it, it was boring. And I'm mad, I thought I'd met the love of my life, but she likes someone else." Jacob said, trying not to think about Melody.
"Oh boo-hoo! Cry cry! The girl I like doesn't like me! Oh pity!" Sir Malum's voice is full of rage.
"I don't want you back if the only reason you came is because you were pfft, heartbroken!" He says "heartbroken" with disgust.
"That's not why I came back, I came because I realized I had a lot more evil potential than good." Jacob told Sir Malum, looking him evenly in the eye.
"Oh yeah? How is that?" Sir Malum asked, with an evil grin plastered to his face.
"I shoved someone into a burning basement. And locked the door."

-Back to Present-

The whole day passed and no one found Jacob (obviously).
"I really wonder where he's gone.." Ella says, looking at everyone's worried faces.
"I couldn't care less." Melody said, still furious with what he did to Felix.
"Yeah, maybe he fell off a cliff or something." Felix added, which made Melody laugh. He looked at her and grinned.
At least I'm not the only one who hates him.
Felix thought as Melody said some more pretty rude things about Jacob, that really shouldn't be repeated.
Kenzie starts to laugh, which always happens when she sees Melody laugh, her laugh is just so ridiculous that you have to laugh at it.
"Owww!" A sharp pain in Felix's head caused him to kneel down in pain.
"What's wrong?" Melody said, terrified, as she kneeled over next to him.
"Ugh, it's my head, it hurts again." Felix says as he tries not to move too much, not wanting to hurt his head even more.
"We should get Jordan." Jace says to everyone.
"Good idea." Zoey says, as they all start to go find Jordan.
"One of us should stay here, with Felix." Kenzie says.
"Melody you can stay here, right?" Kenzie asks Melody, and Melody nods her head.
"Why is it always you are the only one staying?" Felix asks jokingly to Melody, making her feel like he doesn't want her there.
Felix senses that, and says
"It's not that I don't want you here, but it's as if you're the only one that cares enough to stay." Felix says forcing a laugh, making Melody feel a little better.
"It's because I-"
"Hey we found Jordan!" Ella yells over, just as Melody was about to tell Felix that she liked him.
"Good!" Melody yells back.
"What were you about to say?" Felix asks Melody as Jordan walks over with everyone else fallowing behind.
"It's nothing. It's not important." Melody says, deciding against it again.
It's extremely important.
Melody adds in her head.
"Okay what happened?" Jordan asks as he gets over to Felix and Melody.
"Head hurts again, badly." Felix says.
"It could be because he was walking before he should of started." Carly says, walking up behind Jordan.
"He still needs some rest most likely."
Carly adds.
"Okay, let's get him over to the dorms, let him sleep." Jordan says.
"You sure he isn't your boyfriend? Because I always see you two together." Jordan asks Melody with a laugh, making her face go red.
Felix hears this too, and looks over at Melody, and sees her red face.

"Okay, umm, Jace. Ella, Zoey, and Melody."
Kenzie says to Jace as they all play "Kill Marry Kiss" in the girl's dorm.
"Eww why them?" Jace says with a disgusted look on his face.
Melody punches his arm.
"I was only kidding, Yeesh!" Jace said as he rubbed his arm.
"I guess I'll kiss Melody, because Felix proved to us the other day that it's not as hard as it looks," Melody punched his arm again at the "as hard as it looks" part.
"I'll marry Ella, and Kill Zoey because she's just so annoying." Jace said, preparing for another punch, this time from Zoey.
"Hey! I'm not that annoying!" Zoey said, as she took the pillow off of Kenzie's bed and smacked Jace with it, hitting his head.
"Okay! Sorry, can you guys stop hurting me so I never have to say I got beat up by a bunch of girls?" Jace said as he backed up a little, getting away from them.
"Okay we'll stop." Zoey said.
"Hmm, Ella. Me, Felix, and... Jordan." Jace says Jordan's name with an evil grin, wondering what she will decide.
"Eww!" Ella says with a grimace.
"He's not gross!" Zoey said, defending her brother.
"Yeah, but he's ten years older than me! And an adult!" Ella says, starting to choose.
"Okay I'll kill Felix because he's weird.. And if I say him for the other two Melody will kill me, kiss Jordan, so I can just get it over with, and marry Jace, but divorce him the day after." Ella says the last part with a laugh.
"That's just mean." Jace says to Ella.
"Oh well!" Ella says, still laughing.
They play a few more rounds until it's time to go to bed, Jace goes back over to the boys' dorm, and the girls go into their beds.
"Good night!" Kenzie says to everyone, as usual.

"J, GET OVER HERE!" Sir Malum yells to J.
"What?" J says as he walks over to Sir Malum's desk.
"I found them! I got their new location! Now I'm giving you the most important job." Sir Malum begins.
"Really? The most important job?" J asks sounding really bored.
"YES THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB!" Sir Malum yells at J, making him take a step back.
"What is it?" J asks Sir Malum.
"What do you think, idiot?!" Malum asks, angrily.
"You go there, and kill them all."
---------------------------------------------------
Things are getting more and more intense by the chapter! Stay tuned for more!