Chapter 4; Just a regular day?.. No.

"Wait what did he tell you?" Kenzie asked Melody the next morning after she told her the conversation with Felix.
"He told me to give Jacob a chance. I do feel bad for him, but I don't want him to get the wrong idea." Melody explained again.
"He does really like you.." Kenzie says.
"That's the thing! I feel if I would hang out with him more he would think that I like him back! I don't." Melody argues.
"One hour won't hurt, at least be nice to him, it's kind of sweet how much he thinks about you." Kenzie says smiling, which makes Melody punch her arm hard.
"Owww." Kenzie grabs her arm, Melody specializes in martial arts, so she punched her pretty hard.
"Sorry.. " Melody apologizes and they keep walking towards the cafeteria.

"Hey, guys!" Felix yells running up to them.
"What's up?" Melody asks.
"Please remember what I told you." Felix says before heading in the cafeteria first.
Kenzie and Melody exchange glances while they walk in at the same time, seeing that no one except Felix and Jace are there.
"Where is everyone?" Mackenzie asks.
"I thought breakfast starts at 9:00?" She glances at her watch, 9:25.
"Dunno." Jace says casually, taking a bite out of a peice of toast.
"Here they come." Felix says as Zoey, Ella, and Jacob who had changed back to his old self, walk in.
"I still say that leather jacket looked great." Jace told Jacob as he sat down at a table with him and Felix.
"Well nobody else thought so, and it weighed like 20 pounds." Jacob said with a laugh.
"What is up with him and the joggers?" Melody asks Kenzie under her breath.
"I don't know, but it's pretty gross if he wears that same pair every day." She whispers back, making Melody burst out with laughter.
Everyone turns and looks at them.
"Oh.. My. God! I.. Can't.. Breathe!!!" Melody manages to say in between laughs. Kenzie starts laughing at Melody's weird laughter. Soon they are both dying of laughter, knocking over their breakfasts.

"Okay, I'm going to the bathroom to do my makeup, Kenzie wanna come?" Melody asks as she stands up, still laughing a little.
"Sure." Kenzie gets up with her. Before they walk out, Jacob stops Melody.
"Hey wait up." He says.
"Yeah?" Melody asks, feeling awkward because everyone is looking.
"I was wondering if you, maybe, wanted to play basketball with me later? There's a court downtown, but only if you want to." Jacob asks quickly, trying to get it out as fast as possible.
Melody looks at Felix, who is nodding his head very slightly.
Melody sighs, and says
"Sure, we can do that." And tries to smile, despite the awkwardness taking over her.
"Great!" Jacob says, his face lighting up.
"How about 11:00?" He asks.
"Sounds like a plan." Melody says and leaves with Kenzie.

The girls do parkour while the guys lounge around in the cafeteria laughing about the most random things until it's 11:00.
"Mackenzie can you do a backflip onto the second level?" Zoey asks her while looking down a few feet to the second checkpoint. "Just a backflip? Come on Zoe, you gotta try harder than that." Kenzie says with a grin as she steps back and launches herself off of the edge of the glass beam onto the second checkpoint's platform. She raises her arms above her head at her landing and turns to face the gaping-mouthed Zoey. Ella and Melody start clapping while they sat down with their legs hanging over the edge of the end platform.
After a couple more minutes they head back to the dorms. Melody puts on some work out clothes and grabs her basketball from the chest by her bed. "Have fun, and score some hoops for me!" Kenzie said with a grin, looking at her upside-down from her back bend. Zoey kicked one of Kenzie's arm up from under her, hoping she would fall, but instead she pulls it up onto her chest holding herself up with just one. Zoey frowns as Kenzie smiles, happy she surprised her.

"Hey, you ready?" Jacob came over to Melody who was waiting by the door, on her phone.
"Yeah, did you ask Laura?" She asked while opening the door.
"Yeah, she said we need to be back in two hours." Jacob said while they walked out.
It took about twenty minutes to get to the court, and no one else was there. Melody got the ball first and almost instantly scored.
"2- 0!" She yelled as she ran back over to her basket to play defense.
-1 hour later-
"I think I'm done." Jacob said as he walked over to one of the benches.
"Why? Because I beat you?" Melody asked sitting down too.
"You didn't beat me." Jacob said in his defense.
"Yeah! I beat you 65-28!" Melody said laughing.
"Did you really keep track of the score?" Jacob asked, now also laughing.
"Yeah, I want to remember how I beat you!" Melody said.
Neither of them talked for a while.
"Jacob, I know you like me, but, I'm just not into you like that." Melody finally said, breaking the silence.
"I know that.." Jacob said, trying to avoid eye contact.
"But, I still want to be friends, just friends." Melody offered.
"Yeah, friends." Jacob said with a little disappointment.
"I think we should head back, it's probably around lunchtime." Melody gets up.
"You can go ahead, I think I'll stay here for a while, practice a little." Jacob got up and walked back onto the small court.
"You sure?" Melody asked.
"Yeah, I'll be back in a little while." Jacob said before he threw a free throw and missed.
Melody goes back to Camp.

"So how was it?" Kenzie asked as Melody walks back into the room.
"Yeah, how's your boyfriend doing?" Ella asks in a teasing voice.
"He's not my boyfriend, but it was fun, I guess. I've always liked beating people at basketball!" Melody says laughing as she fell onto her bed.
"I can't stand him!" Zoey said angrily as she stormed into the dorm, slamming the door as she came in.
"Who?" Kenzie asks Zoey cautiously, she can be scary when she's mad.
"Felix! I was helping Myra catch the chickens from the small farm behind the cafeteria, and he ran over and opened the door while yelling 'Go! Run free! Get as far away from them as you can!' And then I had to go and get all 137 chickens from around campus! It was Felix's fault, he should get them!" Zoey said as she pulled a few feathers from her hair.
"Give him a break, he just likes animals." Melody says in his defense, remembering how he was trying to help Jacob by telling her to be nicer to him. You have to admit, someone who cares about their friends like that, deserves a break.
"I will not! Felix is in some serious trouble if he comes near me!" Zoey snaps back throwing some things into her chest.
There's a knock on the door.
"Felix if it's you, I'd run away!" Zoey yells at the closed door.
"Actually, it's me, Laura. I have a letter for miss Mackenzie Lenins?" She says.
"Who would send me a letter?" Kenzie asks them as she walks over to the door.
"For you." Laura hands Kenzie an envelope with a professional looking seal.
Kenzie closes the door and sits down on her bed to open the letter.
"No way!!" Kenzie says under her breath.
"What is it?" Ella asks walking over.
"Staff at the Winchester School of Gymnastics is proud to ask you, Mackenzie Lenins, to come to our tryouts for our young adult intermediate gymnastics team!!" Kenzie reads the letter out loud so everyone in the dorm can hear it.
"Kenzie that's awesome!" Melody says hugging Kenzie.
"Almost every gymnast that was on the WSOG team has made it to the olympics, or regionals! If they see something in me, I must be good!" Kenzie says smiling brightly.
"Congratulations! I'm really happy for you!" Melody says, hugging Kenzie again.
"Yeah! This is great!" Zoey says, also giving Kenzie a hug.
"How about to celebrate, we go out to town to get something to eat? My treat!" Ella suggests.
They all agree to go to a small ice cream shop that Melody passed on her way to the basketball court. When they walk out, they see that Jacob is back, talking to Felix and Jace. Felix puts his head down as Zoey looks at him and gives him a dirty look, and Jace waves at them as they walk by. Just then a loud siren comes over the campus and Lauren runs out screaming,
"EVERYONE GET INTO THE DORMS! I REPEAT, EVERYONE INTO THE DORMS!"
Heck breaks loose and everyone runs to the dorms in a panic, pushing others out of the way to get through. Once everyone is safely in the dorm hallway questions start coming.
"Shut up!" Zoey yells over the chattering of the room.
"Thank you Zoey." Lauren says.
"What's going on?" Jace asks Lauren.
"There has been an attack at the town. Someone dropped a bomb near the square, no one is seriously injured, but we think the bomber is still out there. That means for now on, the campus is on lockdown. No one gets in or out." Laura says, with a grim look on her face.
"We should go and help!" Felix suggests, trying to look brave.
"No, this is something out of your control, you are not actual spies yet, let alone still teenagers. While here, you are under my responsibility, and I don't know what I would do if something bad happens to any of you." Laura tells the group.
"So what do we do until then?" Ella asks.
"We wait." Laura answers.
--------------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Stay tuned for updates! Love you all!!💖