Chapter 21; Too many Js

"So do you think you know who J might be?"
Carly asked Jordan as he was getting a better look on the bandana.
"No. It could be anyone. This J person knows how to keep their identity hidden." Jordan looks at the writing again. It's a little neater than a scribble.
"It could even be Jace, or that Jacob guy's." Mitch said as he also took a look at it.
There was a knock on the door.
"Casey would you open that." Jordan said as he started checking for any other finder prints.
"Um.. Is Jordan there?" Joey stood at the door.
"Yeah. Hey Jordan, it's the criminal." Casey held the door open for Joey, who had to try with all of his might not to give Casey a death glare.
"What's up? I can't talk now I'm busy, so try and make it quick." Jordan said, turning to face Joey.
"Oh.. Well... I was wondering if I could join the spy group."
I hate this already.
Joey thought after he said it.
"Really? That's great! Of course you can join!" Jordan's face lightened up and he felt a weight being lifted off of his shoulders.
"Yaaay.." Joey said with fake excitement.
"What's going to be your specialty?"  Jordan asked his brother.
"Specialty?" Joey asked confused.
What the heck do these people do here??
"Like your talent." Jordan answered.
"I'm good at getting sandwiches for people.."
Joey said remembering Sir Malum always treating him like his assistant. He hated it. Joey's eyes flash brown as he thought about maybe being part of a group, but they quickly went back.
"I'm good at distracting others, I can make a distraction while you guys do the rest." Joey says flatly.
Maybe if they take me on a mission with them, that's when I get away.
Joey thought.
Perfect.

"I win!" Zoey yelled as she hit Jace with her sword one last time, and knocked him out cold.
"Do any of you guys want to challenge the champion?" Zoey says while flipping her hair.
"Nah, I'm good." Melody says, waving off the offer.
"Same here, you beat me numerous times." Ella said.
"Oh come on! I need some practice!" Zoey begged.
"Fine, I'll do it." Felix said as he climbed onto the fighting arena.
"Be careful." Melody said before he got too far.
"No worries." Felix smiled at her and got one of the other swords from the locker.
"Did you see how he smiled at you?" Mackenzie whispered from behind Melody.
"How did he smile at me?" Melody asked, getting curious fast.
"You really are clueless aren't you?" Mackenzie asked grinning.
"Oh just tell the clueless girl!" Melody said laughing.
"Guys only smile like that at girls they like!" Mackenzie said excitedly.
"He could just be being friendly." Melody said, trying not to get her hopes up too much.
"You saw the text! And how he offered to hold your hand in the helicopter!" Mackenzie said.
"I know for a fact that he likes you back!" Mackenzie smiled wide while saying the last part.
"I honestly cant believe it.."
"I win again!" Zoey yells standing victoriously in the middle of the arena.
"You didn't hurt him that bad did you?" Melody asks, walking over to get a better look.
Felix gives the okay sign and puts his arm back down with a thump.
Melody laughs, and goes to help him up.
"Thanks.. I could of totally beat her, I just wanted her to win.." Felix says with a laugh.
"Okay.. I totally believe you." Melody says sarcastically as she too laughs.
"What's going on?" Joey asks walking over with Casey following him (they still don't completely trust him).
"Oh! Joey! Come fight me!" Zoey tells her brother, as she gets ready.
"No." Joey says flatly.
"What? Why!? Please?" Zoey begs.
"No." Joey says again, not moving.
"What? Are you too chicken?" Jace asks Joey.
"No, I just don't want to." Joey says crossing his arms.
"Nah, you're too chicken. You're a disgrace to the other chickens.. Felix would probably send you to the slaughterhouse." Jace says the last part with a laugh.
Melody and Mackenzie start laughing too.
"I'm not chicken! You want me to fight her? Fine!" Joey walks up onto the arena, and grabs a sword, no armor.
"Um, maybe you should put on some protection.." Zoey says uneasily from behind the hockey helmet she was wearing.
"Won't need it." Joey says.
"And... Fight." Casey calls it.
In less than a second Joey swings the sword, hitting her in the stomach and she falls over.
"There done." Joey says as he drops the sword and walks off.
"Zoey, are you okay?" Melody asks as she and Mackenzie run up onto the arena.
"Yeah, he hit you really hard.." Mackenzie adds.
"I'm going to get Jordan." Casey says quickly before heading off.
"Yeah.. It just hurts to breathe.. And talk." Zoey says, grimacing.
"Take off the armor." Mackenzie says, helping her get out of the vest with metal plates in it.
She looked fine, but she didn't feel fine.
"Okay, what's wrong?" Jordan came rushing over holding a tiny first aid kit.
"Joey got her with the sword." Ella said, as she too walked up onto the arena, followed by Jace and Felix.
"Here." Jordan gave her an ice pack.
"There's no critical injury so you'll just have to go to the dorms.." Jordan said as he helped her up.