Chapter 45; Cafeteria Mess

Elliot bangs on the door to the teachers' cabin impatiently waiting for someone to open the door.
"What?" Mitch asks annoyed when he opened the door after a few minutes.
"THIS ONE COMPLETELY MESSED UP THE CAFETERIA, CALLED ME AN OLD HAG, AND WAS EXTREMELY DISRESPECTFUL!" Elliot yells at Mitch.
Mitch shifted his gaze from Elliot to Felix who was standing awkwardly next to Elliot.
"You called her an old hag?" Mitch asked as he started laughing.
"Haha yeah, that I did, but I didn't mess up the cafeteria" Felix says completely serious.
"Im not mad, it's true."
Elliot glared at Mitch but stayed silent.
"But what do you mean by messed up the cafeteria?" Mitch asked after he stopped laughing.
"The whole thing is a mess! And he did it!" Elliot says as she shoves Felix forwards a little.
"You have no evidence to prove so!" Felix says in his defense.
"And no evidence to prove you didn't!" Elliot yells back.
"Guys stop!" Mitch yells over their arguing.
"Felix, what were you doing today after the cleanup?" Mitch asked, crossing his arms, sounding bored.
"I uh.. I was having dinner with Melody, as friends! Not as boyfriend and girlfriend, then I went to the dorms for the rest of the day. Ask Jace!" Felix says a little embarrassed about the Melody part, knowing Mitch is probably going to tease him.
"Ohhhh! Dinner with Melody, huh? Spending some quality time with your girlfriend?" Mitch says as he starts to crack up.
"What's this got to do with anything!?" Elliot asks annoyed.
"Felix didn't do it. It's obvious." Mitch's says when finishes laughing at Felix, leans against the doorframe looking at them both.
"I'm not her boyfriend!" Felix says sounding upset.
"I went into the cafeteria after I saw Melody leave to do the weekly safety check, nothing in there. If anything it was cleaner than normal. I also checked out the whole camp except the dorms, and found everyone, except Jace and Felix. They were in the dorms during that time. It wasn't Felix." Mitch says as he crosses his arms, ignoring what Felix said.
"Thank you!" Felix says with relief.
"I think Elliot might be getting a little too old, and her head is getting messed up." Mitch says as he watched Elliot tremble with rage.
"Felix why don't you leave, I need to talk to Elliot. Go.. Kiss your girlfriend or something." Mitch stifles a laugh at the last part.
Felix makes a fake gagging noise before he leaves to go find Jace and the others.

"So, did Mitch and the others beat you?" Zoey asks when Felix gets back, slightly laughing.
"Yeah, you in big trouble or something?" Ella adds.
"No, Mitch said I was good to go and that Elliot was getting old and she wasn't think right" Felix says summing up the situation.
"Got that right." Jace says with a laugh.
"Good thing they let you off, probably would of given you cafeteria duty which is pretty much her screaming at you about everything. And she always puts meat in your food, no joke. I just switch it out when she's not looking." Melody says to Felix with a laugh.
"So are you guys still going to eat? Or is the cafeteria too messy?" Felix asks looking at Jace, Ella, Zoey and Kenzie.
"How about we eat outside?" Ella suggests.
"Not a bad idea, what do you guys think?" Jace asks looking at Zoey and Mackenzie
"Sounds good" Zoey says agreeing. They all look at Mackenzie for an answer and she just nods in response.
"So, what's for dinner? Or did Elliot just fall apart and not cook anything?" Jace asks while stating to walk to the cafeteria to get some food.
"Well.. I actually cooked.. But it's salad and spaghetti." Melody said as she made her way behind the counter to the cupboards.
"Not for me, I get pizza." Jace says with an evil grin.
Melody widens her eyes, and looks over at Felix, remembering eating it.
"Well.. Uh..." Melody starts not knowing what to say.
"We ate it." She says quickly, then busying herself with opening the containers.
Ella snickered a little after hearing her.
"You guys ate my pizza??" Jace asks, looking from Melody to Felix.
"Well no, I wore it to be exact" Felix says thinking.
"I was going to make another one but I forgot.." Melody says, looking down in embarrassment.
"You wore it?" Jace asks Felix, laughing at what he said.
"Yeah, sorta" Felix says shrugging.
"That sounds like it would of been funny to watch. Don't worry about it, I'll just wait till tomorrow." Jace says, waving a hand through the air.
Elliot then walks back in without saying a word.
She takes a rag out from a closet and starts cleaning up the spots on the walls.
"Who did do this anyway?" Kenzie asks looking at the mess.
"No idea." Zoey says.
"Well are you just going to stand there and watch me? Or are you nasty children going to help me?" Elliot asks.
"I'll just stand and watch, thanks" Joey says as he walks in.
Elliot throws a rag at Joey, missing and hitting the wall.
"Nice aim" Joey says sarcastically as he takes a seat at one of the tables.
"You! Goldie Locks! Come and help me!" Elliot yells at Ella, throwing another rag at her, this time actually hitting her in the face.
"Ow!" Ella yells as she stands up. She walks towards Elliot to help her clean the mess.
"What the heck was that for?" Zoey asks, annoyed at her throwing one at Ella.
"You want to help too? Here!" Elliot threw a rag at Zoey as well, furious.
"No one wants to help you because no one likes you" Joey says as he starts to get up.
"Got that right." Melody says under her breath.
"You think I like you? I'm stuck working here just so I can have a place to stay!" Elliot says furiously.
"I never said I think you like me, you have no heart, you like no one. I'm pretty sure the only person you ever did like left you in a heartbeat" Joey says with no emotion, his hands in his pants pockets.
"You..! You little!" Elliot says, lost for words.
"Come on guys, can we stop? This is getting old." Zoey says, getting a little annoyed at their arguing.
"You know what's getting old?" Joey asks Zoey
"Elliot's face." Joey says looking up from Zoey to look at Elliot.
Everyone cracks up with laughter.
"So true! Even I have to agree with you on that one!" Jace says as he starts to double over, laughing.
Joey smiles a small half smile as he looks at everyone's faces.
"Joseph Micheal Carters!" Elliot yells his full name, slicing through the laughter which drains immediately.
Elliot wobbles over to Joey and stares him down like a dog on it's prey.
"You. Are. Going. To. Regret. Saying. That." Elliot says slowly while jamming her pointer finger into her palm for emphasis.
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being more intelligent, oh wait, that's impossible" Joey says coolly.
"THATS IT! YOU GET TO WASH THE FLOORS, DISHES, AND HELP WITH CAFETERIA, CLEANING, AND FARM DUTIES UNTIL I SAY OTHERWISE! YOU HEAR?!" Elliot screams at Joey, making everyone else jump back in surprise.
"And if I don't?" Joey asks completely calm.
"Then you'll have to talk to the teachers and they'll MAKE YOU!!" Elliot yells again, her face turning beet red from anger, and it looks as if veins were about to start popping up.
"Make me huh? No one can make me do anything" Joey says his eyes flash a reddish color as he thought of how sir Malum treated him.
"Elliot back off, you already have me working here, shouldn't that be enough?" Melody says, crossing her arms.
"HE NEEDS TO BE PUNISHED FOR DISRESPECTING ME! YOU CANT JUST SAY ALL THAT TO AN ADULT!" Elliot yells.
Joey quickly escapes through the door while Elliot was yelling at Melody.
"Jeez girl calm down." Melody says, holding up her hands.
"NOW HES GONE!" Elliot yells after turning around, seeing Joey missing.
Everyone looks in the direction where Joey was standing.
"You're welcome, Joey! Bring me down a few names on your kill list!" Melody yells at the door Joey left through and starts to laugh.
Elliot grunts and makes her way to the door after Joey, mumbling something no one could make out.
When she leaves everyone stares at the doors, not knowing what to make of what just happened.
"What's wrong with her?" Ella asked, making a face.
"I guess she's just old and grumpy" Jace says still looking at the door.
"More like fat old witch." Melody says in counterpart.
"Quick! Let's leave before she comes back and makes us clean everything!" Felix says, not wanting to clean up the mess.
"Yeah, smart idea. Except we came here to eat, dimwit" Jace says reminding Felix.
"Oh yeah.. Well then what are you waiting for? Get something to eat and take it to the dorms" Felix says coming up with a solution.
"Here, just take all of it. We don't really have time to sort through it all." Melody says, tossing a few containers of food to Mackenzie and Ella.
"Guys! Listen!" Zoey says.
They hear Elliot's distant yelling from outside.
A few of them let out a snicker.
"Well here's our chance. Doubt she'll even notice us while she's screaming at Joey." Jace says as he starts to walk to the door.
They all walk out of the cafeteria, looking to see where Elliot was.
She was standing in front of the shop yelling at a bored Joey.
"She looks busy." Zoey said after seeing her.
They walk to the dorms quickly without being noticed by Elliot or Joey. Either that, or they noticed but didn't care.