Chapter 8; Sad stories?

There were too many holes to clean, all about 6 feet deep some deep as 12 feet.
Everyone was shocked, even Laura.
"Uhhh teach, I know you told us to er, 'stick together' and clean up the mess but uh I don't think we could do that" Jace said breaking the silence while looking at all the deep holes, the holes spread a half a mile long.
"I'll call backup, it's much worse than I thought it was" Laura said while grabbing her phone.
"So do you want us to head inside?" Zoey asked looking away from the mess to look at her teacher.
"Yes, go inside of the dorm basement, all of you" she said wile dialing a number.

They all get to the basement in silence and sit of their makeshift beds.
"So.. Now what?" Ella asked while sitting on her bed which was next to Zoey and Mackenzie's.
"We wait" the word everyone hates, for they have been told to do that the past few days Felix said as he takes off his hat and plays with it.
"Heh Felix you have hat hair" Jace said as he looked at Felix's messy hair.
"Haha! You do! Look at it!" Zoey says starting to laugh.
Felix quickly puts his hat back on, his face starting to turn a little red.
"Oh c'mon dude we were only joking!" Jace said laughing.
"Yeah, but now we know why he always wears those stupid hats" Jacob said laughing.
What Jacob said seemed to rub Felix the wrong way.
"At least I don't wear the same stupid pair of joggers every freaking day! And they're not stupid! It means a lot to me" Felix said saying that last part quietly.
"I'm going to bed" Felix said as he starts to get into his sleeping bag.
"Felix its 2 in the afternoon" Ella responded
Felix didn't answer and put his pillow over his head.
"Look what you just did!" Jace yelled at Jacob
"Hey I didn't know he had a soft spot for hats!" Jacob said in his defense.
"Guys there's gotta be more to the story, ask him why, maybe we could help him" Mackenzie said.
Jace grabbed the pillow from Felix's head
"Hey! Can't a guy sleep in peace!" Felix said getting up to reach for the pillow.
Jace holds the pillow over his head so Felix can't reach it since he's shorter than him.
"Felix we know you weren't sleeping, there's no way you're tired, what's wrong? What did Jacob say that bothered you?" Mackenzie asked Felix which made Felix sit down and give up on the pillow.
"Okay fine, promise not to laugh like you guys do at everything else I do?" Felix said while grabbing his hat off his head and holding it in his hands.
"Go ahead, we won't laugh" Ella replied.
"Okay.. So for my 7th birthday my dad got me this hat" Felix said holding up the hat he was holding.
"When I was 8 we found out my dad had cancer, the doctors said it was really bad, so he went through cemo and stayed in the hospital. We would visit him everyday, me, my sister and my mom. I would wear that hat everyday I would visit him, one day we got a call from the emergency room saying that my dad was dying. We rushed there as quickly as we could, he spoke to my mom and sister for the last time, and wanted to speak to me privately. He told me to always care about my friends first, then worry about myself, to be kind to any living creature I see, and help them. He told me.." Felix ended the story there for he couldn't continue because he was crying. Jace put his hand on his back and rubbed it to comfort him.
"He told me to wear this hat, whenever I missed him, that he will always be with me as long as I have this hat. He passed that night, he lost his battle and being little 8 year old me, I believed him, I thought that if I wore this hat he would come back. Everyday after school I would wait for him by the door, to come home from work, he never came.. I still wear this hat to this day to remember him.." Felix finished he looked up after looking at the ground for so long and saw everyone crying.
"I- I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to happen I guess when Jacob called my hat stupid I just.. Lost it.. Stupid I know" Felix said forcing out a laugh.
"I'm so sorry Felix I didn't know.." Jacob said giving Felix a hug.
Everyone else joined the hug until it was all just one big group hug.

-meanwhile-

"Yes, the holes are way too deep to pick up ourselves and we can't leave the camp since it's right in front of the exit" Laura said while on the phone.
"Yes, no, yup, yeah they're all in the basement safe, okay thank you"
While Laura was on the phone on the other side of camp were three mysterious people, all wearing masks.
"You ready?" One said the voice too high to be a male.
"Yup, all set, ready J?" another said this one deeper.
"Of course" the last one said, which looked very familiar.
All that is heard is the sound of a match being struck, then they all vanish.

-back in the basement-

Everyone was back to normal, laughing, smiling and teasing each other.
"Okay Felix! Your turn!" Zoey said
"Alright.. Hmm... Melody! Truth or dare?" Felix asks, his eyes on Melody's.
Melody's face goes a little red when she hears her name.
"Uh.. Dare" Melody replied getting excited.
"Okay, I dare you to kiss Jacob" Felix said with an evil grin on his face.
Jacob gasps and smiles.
"Wh-what??? I'm not kissing Jacob!" Melody said shocked.
"Wow, look who's the chicken now?" Felix said laughing.
Everyone else starts to laugh except Mackenzie, Melody and Jacob.
Mackenzie leaned over to Melody.
"Hey, just pretend it's Felix or something" Mackenzie whispered smiling.
"No! That's just weird!" Melody said a little louder than Mackenzie wanted.
"Oh c'mon it's not that weird! I mean he obviously likes you" Ella said to them.
Melody's face turns red.
"H-he does?" Melody asked Ella.
"Of course he does, Jacob is like obsessed!" Ella replied.
"Oh" Melody said feeling disappointed, and thought she was talking about Felix.
"So you gonna kiss him or not?" Felix asked Melody.
"I uh" Melody stuttered not knowing what to say.
"Can she do something else? She feels weird kissing Jacob because she thinks he's sick, she saw him sneezing" Mackenzie said saving Melody.
"True, I saw that too" Zoey agreed.
"Wh-what?? I'm not that sick!! I'm okay!! It's just uh allergies!" Jacob said trying to blame his cold in something else.
"How about Melody kisses Felix?" Ella said thinking of something else.
Melody's face turns redder.
"Whoa whoa whoa! There is NO way I'm letting Felix and Melody kiss!" Jacob said, standing up.
"C'mon its not like they actually mean it, it's just a dare" Ella responded.
"Fine, but make it quick" Jacob said enraged and crossed his arms.
"Wait I never agreed to this, I'm in charge of this dare, it's my turn" Felix said feeling uncomfortable.
"Not anymore, I'm in charge of it and I dare you guys to kiss" Ella said.
"That's not fair!" Felix said.
"What are you chicken?" Ella said teasing Felix.
"I am not chicken!" Felix said getting mad as he got up and quickly pecked Melody on the lips.
"There! Done! Finished! Who's the chicken now!" Felix said proud of what he just did smiling at Ella's shocked face.
"I can't believe you actually did it" Ella said surprised.
"Wasn't that hard really, wasn't like I had to kiss Zoey or anything" Felix said teasing Zoey and then looked at Melody and smiled.
"Hey!" Zoey said.
Melody was still in shock and frozen from the kiss that she barely noticed.
"Hey.. Anyone smell that?" Jace asked the others.
"Smells like.. " Felix said.
"Smoke" they both said together giving each other horrified glances.
"We gotta get out of here!" Zoey shouted starting to freak out as the smell started to get stronger.
Jace pushed open the door to the basement and a flood of smoke entered the room which made everyone start to cough.
"Everyone hurry run!" Jace yelled holding the door open for everyone.
Everyone starts to run out of the basement, Felix and Jacob let the girls go first.
"Jace go on without us, make sure the girls make it out, we'll catch up" Felix said as he went up the stairs. When he made it to the top he held the door open for Jacob. He looked down waiting for him.
"Jacob?" Felix asked as he held the door open smoke getting into his lungs.
A sudden force was pushed against Felix's back and he fell down the stairs.
A sudden groan escaped Felix's mouth as he laid on the bottom of the stairs, he looked up to see who pushed him and saw a something black and white.. Adidas pants.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Cliffhanger! Oh boy how I love those 😉💕