Chapter 40; Tropical Storm

"This is even more disappointing than your behavior." Jordan said sternly as he looked at everyone's essays and paced in front of the classroom.
"Well how did you expect us to learn anything when all Mitch did was yell at us?" Zoey asked angrily.
Jordan didn't say anything as he passed back the essays.
"What did you get?" Melody whispered over to Mackenzie.
Mackenzie showed her the number quickly.
"I got the same thing." Melody said sadly and showed her the mark on her paper.
"Felix, you're lucky you didn't have to take this piece of crap." Jace said while shaking his head and looking at the essay.
"What piece of crap? All I see is a paper." Felix asked confusedly while looking at Jace's essay.
"No I mean the.. You know what, never mind." Jace says as he folds up the essay and pushed it off to the side.
"So because of your behavior and grades, rules are going to be a bit stricter." Jordan says,
"We will go back to the regular learning schedule, but I expect this to boost up your grades that have fallen." Jordan continues.
"Don't worry, you don't have to finish reading that novel, I know everyone hated it." Jordan says with a laugh.
"So, everyone open their combat physics books up to page 184." Casey tells them.

"School is awful. That's all I can say." Ella says as they head out of the school for dinner.
"Ella, for once, I think I actually agree with you." Joey says glumly as he kicks a pebble off the grass.
"Hey Felix, you feeling okay?" Melody asks him as she walks over.
"Yeah, why do you keep asking me?" Felix asks her.
"I'm just worried about you." Melody says, looking down.
"Why would you be worried about me?" Felix asks while laughing, not understanding her point at all.
"Do you even know her?" Zoey asks as she walks up next to Melody and Mackenzie.
"Yeah.. Sort of. That's Melody, the girl with purple hair." Felix says, not really remembering anything else.
"I don't think he remembers you liking him." Mackenzie whispers to Melody.
"You don't?" Melody whispers back, feeling sad, but a little relieved.
"No! Maybe this is your chance to start things over!" Mackenzie says, trying to make it a good thing.
"Like, try not to be as mean and scary." Mackenzie says with a laugh.
"Maybe.." Melody says while thinking.
"What do you want? We got tomato soup, and chicken parmesan tonight, which would you prefer?" Elliot asked them boredly.
"Can we just get some pizza or something?" Jace asks Elliot.
"Listen kid, I'm not in charge of the food they give me, I'm in charge of cooking it. Choose one, or none." Elliot says while shrugging her shoulders.
Everyone gets the chicken parmesan except Felix who got the soup, after sort of remembering about being vegetarian.
"Eww.." Felix said as he dropped a chunk of tomato back into the bowl.
"I can't eat this." He said, shoving it forward a bit.
"Want my spaghetti?" Melody offered.
"Sure, i guess." Felix said, taking the plate.
"So guys, is it just me, or she gets crabbier everyday." Zoey asks while eyeing Elliot who was rearranging cheese in the back of the kitchen.
"She's just an old lady. Probably a retired spy." Mackenzie says, also wondering why she's so rude.
"That looks like no tomato soup I've ever seen." Jace says while stirring through Felix's untouched bowl of it.
"She said its tomato soup, so what else would it be." Felix says blankly.
"What is this?" Jace asks as he lifts the spoon up with a chunk of meat on it.
"She put meat in the tomato soup?" Ella asks, looking at it more closely.
"Felix, I swear ever since you gave her that paper on the chickens, she's been giving you more and more meat." Jace says as he starts to laugh.
Felix just shrugs and keeps eating the spaghetti.
"I'm not in the mood to train." Zoey says while putting their head on the table.
"I'm so tired." She says, it getting muffled by her arm.
"I think we all are. Plus, Mitch kind of ruined training for me." Ella says.
"Those three weeks were eternal." Zoey adds.
"Mitch needs to drink bleach." Joey adds with a blank expression.
"Drink bleach? I didn't know you could do that." Felix says, surprised.
"Yeah, it tastes really good, you should try it sometime." Joey adds sarcastically.
"Yeah, maybe I will." Felix says, completely serious.
"Oh, no you don't." Jace says, giving Joey a death glare.
They then start to hear heavy raindrops on the roof of the cafeteria and distant thunder.
Carly walks in with Casey, both of them with water dripping from their hair.
"Hey, training's off for tonight, we're supposed to have severe thunderstorms with a tropical storm warning in effect for a couple days." Carly says as Casey walks over and orders some coffee.
Everyone grins at each other after hearing this.
"What do we do then?" Mackenzie asks, doubting they'll get off from doing work that easily.
"The storm got us all by surprise, so take the evening off I guess. I'm sure tomorrow Jordan will have a plan ready." Casey said from up at the order counter.
"So.. We can do whatever we want?" Melody asks with a grin.
"No, you can't leave camp, or punch teachers." Casey says the last part looking at Joey, who rolls his eyes and pushes his food around.
"But other than that, knock yourself out, go do whatever you guys normally do I don't know." Casey says as he hands Carly a coffee and pushes some of her wet hair into her face.
"Hey!" Carly says and laughs, pushing it behind her ear.
They leave them in the cafeteria, finishing their food.
"Come on guys hurry up, I need to get tomorrow's food ready." Elliot says as she manages her plump body out from behind the counter, putting on a clean apron.
"Need any help?" Zoey asks her, like she normally does.
"Yes, that would be great." Elliot says to Zoey.
"Why do you always help that old witch?" Joey asked her, kind of annoyed at Zoey being so nice to her when she keeps giving them attitude.
"Hey, it's better to get on her good side." Zoey says while holding up her hands.
"Well, I'm going to dye my hair again. Kenz come with me." Melody says as she pushes her chair away from the table and stands up.
"Wait, that isn't your natural hair color?" Felix asks her, kind of shocked.
"You really are an idiot aren't you? On what planet is that color natural?" Joey asked Felix, while giving him a funny look.
"Don't know. I just thought it was." Felix said casually, like he wasn't just called an idiot.
"You know, stop calling him an idiot already, it's getting old. And it's not even funny. I think he's really smart." Melody said with a smile, trying to "start fresh" in a good way. Like Mackenzie recommended.
"Thank you?" Felix said, kind of confused.
"That's smart?" Joey asked while pointing at Felix.
"Come on Kenzie." Melody said, ignoring Joey.
"Was that nice?" Melody whispers to Mackenzie quickly.
"It was a start.. You need to work on it more." Mackenzie answers.
"But honestly, I don't think you will get anywhere now, he's kind of.. Um.. Well I don't think he's thinking straight." Mackenzie said with a small laugh.
"Yeah, I can tell." Melody adds, also laughing.