Chapter 9; Burn baby burn

SLAM

The door slams shut, from the slamming of the door some pieces of burning wood fall from the ceiling and in front of the door, blocking it from opening.
Felix coughs and tries to crawl up the stairs, each bone in his body aching, once he finally makes it to the top he tries to open the door, he pushes with all his might which is not much since he hurt himself badly falling down the set of stairs.
"C'mon.." Felix said struggling to open the door, he feels a warm liquid run down his forehead as he tries to open the door. He stops and feels the liquid, he looks at his hand. Red, blood.
"Oh god" Felix said feeling dizzy after hitting his head really hard at the bottom of the stairs.
Felix feels for his hat but notices it's gone.
"Huh? Where my- oh no no no no no, where is it??" He said as he looked around.
"No" was all that could escape Felix's mouth.
"That was all I had left of you.." Felix whispered his head against the door, tears rolling down his face.
He coughs again since he's breathing in all the smoke it's damaging his lungs. He tries pushing the door open again, throwing his body at the door, over and over, until he can't breathe and move.

-meanwhile-

Ella, Zoey, Mackenzie, Melody and Jace all sit in front of the burning dorm coughing.
"Oh my god I'm so glad you guys are alright!" Laura said running towards them.
"Is everyone here?" Asks Laura counting heads
"No, Jacob and Felix are still in there.." Jace says as he wipes off all the ashes on his body
Melody's heart drops at Felix's name.
"We have to go in there and find them!" She says getting up.
All of a sudden Jacob runs out of the burning building a falls to the ground, coughing.
"Jacob!" Everyone yells.
"Thank god you're okay" Laura says helping Jacob.
"Felix... He's.. In there.. Helped me.... Burning piece of wood fell.... Trapped... Dead" Jacob said coughing in between coughs.
"D-dead?" Ella said shocked.
"It's all my fault.." Jace said crying into his hands.
"He told me to go off without him, to get the girls out safely, so I did, I left.. If I didn't leave.. He would probably be here right now.." Jace said now sobbing.
"There, there Jace, you never thought that this was gonna happen, you were just following orders a friend gave you, it's not your fault" Ella said helping Jace.
"This is all that's left of him, he told me to hold onto it for him, he didn't what it to burn" Jacob said, tears rolling down his face, holding up Felix's hat.
"No this can't be true.." Zoey said shaking her head.
"He's gonna come out I know it, Felix wouldn't give up" Zoey said.

-meanwhile-

"I give up.. I can't do it.. I'm gone, dead" Felix said giving up and laid against the door, his head losing more blood and his whole body sore from falling and throwing it against the door so it would open.
A piece of burning wood falls near Felix, the last thing he sees until he blacks out.

"That's it! I'm going in!" Melody said, marching towards the fire.
"You are not going anywhere near that fire Melody!" Laura yelled after her.
"Why are you going after him??? Do you like him?? Why bother, I said he's dead!" Jacob said to Melody. Everyone was shocked at what he said.
"Maybe I do like him, why does it matter to you? I'm going in there wether you like it or not! And by the way, I never liked you, the whole reason I played basketball with you was because Felix told me to be nice to you" Melody said as she walked into the fire, no one stopping her.

Melody searched the fire for Felix, she found the basement door and tried to open it but two big pieces of burning wood is covering it. She pushed the wood out of the way with her foot and stomped out some sparks that landed on her shoe.
She opened the door slowly and right away a bloody, bruised, cut and dirty body, covered in ashes. Right away she knew who it was, she checked for a pulse.
"Nothing... Nothing... Nothing.. Nothing... Wait... Yes!! A pulse" Melody said grateful that he wasn't dead.
She carried him out of the fire and back outside which took a while, once she got outside the temperature barely changed. She looked up and saw the whole camp in flames.
"Melody!!! Over here!!" Jace yells, they're by a part of the large fence that wasn't on fire.
"M-melody..?" A small voice asked.
Melody looked down at Felix who's eyes were on her's.
"Everything is going to be alright Felix, I'm here" Melody said to Felix.
"Thank you.." His voice trailed off as he blacked out again and Melody dragged him towards the fence.
"You found him?!" Jacob asked shocked.
"That's amazing!" Ella said.
"Yeah! You like saved his life!" Zoey said.
"That's if he's alive, Jacob said he died" Laura said walking over to Felix's damaged body and checks for a pulse.
"Yup, he's alive.. Thank god.." Laura said
Everyone cheered.
"Now everyone climb on top of each other and pull each other out, you need to work as a team" Laura says as she walks over towards the fence. Jace and Jacob hold out their hands so Ella can step on it, she does and the throw her up so she's on top of the fence and she jumps down. They all go one by one, until it's just Jace left. They all reach down and pull him up and fall off the other side of the fence.
"Alright everyone the emergency helicopter should be here soon.. Ahh, here it is" Laura said pointing at the helicopter coming near them. It lands and they all climb on.
"Where are we going?" Asked Ella.
"You guys are going to a new camp, this one is too burned to stay in, instead, you'll be staying in a new camp people just built, this camp was old anyway it was built about 50 years ago. But I won't be coming with you, I am staying at headquarters with the other leaders and we will be finding out how to stop the other side" Laura tells them.
"Will you come back?" Asks Jace.
"I might, depends, but for now you will have someone else. His name is Jordan, Jordan Carters. Zoey, I think you might know him." Laura said.
"Jordan? You mean, my brother? The one I haven't seen in 3 years??" Zoey asks.
"Yup, that Jordan" Laura answers.
"I didn't know he left to become a spy... He told me it was for school.." Zoey said remembering.
"Sorry about that little sis, it was the only way I could tell you, I wasn't aloud to say I was becoming a spy" the driver of the helicopter said.
"Jordan??!?!!" Zoey asks shocked.
"Yup that's me" Jordan says as he lands the helicopter at headquarters.
"I didn't know you could fly a helicopter!" Zoey stayed amazed.
"The things you learn at SpyCamp huh?" Jordan says as Laura walks out of the helicopter.
"Take good care for these kids, they mean a lot to me" Laura says before she leaves.
"I will, don't worry" Jordan says smiling at her Once she leaves he starts the helicopter again
"Alright guys hold on tight" he says as he speeds off, going as fast as he can.
Everyone holding onto the seat scared, well, all accept Zoey who was laughing.
They landed at the new camp this one bigger.. Way bigger.
"Whoa..."Jace said as he saw the camp.
"It's so.. New looking" Ella added.
While they were looking at the camp, Melody was trying to get out carefully while holding Felix.
Jordan leans against the helicopter watching Melody.
"Is that your boyfriend?" He asks jokingly.
"Yes- I mean no, he's a friend" Melody said, her face getting red remembering the kiss.
"Need some help?" He offered.
"Yeah.. Please" Melody said as she handed him Felix.
He picked him up like nothing and carried him into the camp and everyone followed.

-meanwhile-

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY GOT AWAY!" Sir Malum says as he slams his fist on the table
The three masked people from earlier stand before him.
"They escaped.." One said.
"And you didn't do anything about it??!!" Sir Malum asks, raising his voice.
"We didn't know until they were gone sir..." The female one says.
"I thought I trusted you J, I thought you were able to do a simple task, and just kill those spies!!" Sir Malum yells.
"I-I'm sorry sir.." J says.
"You two, dungeon now!" He yells at them.
"But you! J, you go and find them, and kill them once and for all! Is that clear?" Sir Malum asks.
"Crystal" J responded.
"Perfect, now go!" He said pointing at the door.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Things are getting interesting! New update soon! 💖💐 -🌙